Developmental to implement Talent Review system

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
WWE posted a new job listing Friday for a Performance Center General Manager.
The job listing also includes more details on the Performance Center. WWE plans to launch a “Talent Review System” later this year, which the GM would oversee.
“The new Performance Center will give WWE the ability to train more potential performers than ever before through a comprehensive program including in-ring training, physical preparedness, and character development.”
“Supervise the development and manage the day-to-day process of WWE’s Talent Review System that will be implemented in late 2013. The overall review process will entail working with senior leaders from Stamford and the WWE Performance Center on the execution of this bi-annual program focused on accelerating the development of our Orlando-based Superstars.”
Currently new talents stay in developmental until one of two things happens, WWE finds a spot for them on the main roster or they are released from the company. The indefiniteness of developmental appears to be changing later this year.
The job listing also notes that talent will have access to money management, media training, and wellness education as part of the Talent Relations program.

This is smart if you ask me. It will help NXT talent find out more clearly what it is that they need to work on to improve. It will also streamline the process of seeing what to do with talent instead of some guys being dead weight for a long time waiting for an opening.

Read more

Somethingcool57

The Artiste
Reaction score
Now if they did this with current guys on the roster I wonder how bad some of them would rate.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So there's going to be a guy who will judge every talent based on their development in the ring, on the mic, working on their "intangibles", etc... Sounds like a fantastic idea. Have you submitted your application yet?

Stopspot

Reaction score
So there's going to be a guy who will judge every talent based on their development in the ring, on the mic, working on their "intangibles", etc... Sounds like a fantastic idea. Have you submitted your application yet?

Vince isn't returning my calls :sad:
gonna try Dusty instead. Talk about hard times and such.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Pros and cons to both. Whilst it offers more specifics and better advice perhaps, it also relies on one persons opinion. I think RAW is a great piece of evidence that backs up one man having too much control can ruin the show, and talent.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Meh. I'm more in favor of returning to old school wrestling roots. Can you imagine what a promoter in the 80s or 90s would have said if you were like "Hey, we are creating this talent review system to help us....". No thanks. It isn't necessary.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not sure of how much impact this person will have on the show itself since he/she is going to be part of the training facility.
But I see where Crayo and Dolph's are coming from with the cons.