Details on why WWE pulled Alberto Del Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Regarding Alberto Del Rio being pulled, WWE officials looked at the 12-man match and felt that Del Rio didn't fit in it. They are planning on pushing Del Rio soon and didn't want him in a match that will be full of comedy and other shenanigans. With that said, it's interesting to note that they kept guys like Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and The Miz in the match.

Sometimes... a facepalm is not enough...

Orton's a solid worker and the matches will be nice, but as you say, the promos will be unbearable. Hopefully Del Rio practices more lines, and the feud will be a "Hurr, you attacked me in a random irrelevant Smackdown match! I must beat you down for the next four weeks since I'm the unhinged Viper and noone escapes my strike!" You know, like his feud with Kane... And Barrett... And Cody...

How on earth is Orton as over as he is?

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
cuz Randy's a bad boy lol. i think alberto is still getting used to speaking english here so maybe he's been studying a bit 2 get better.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Del Rio is so great that Orton blatantly ripped off his catch phrase, but of course put his own monotone spin on it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't see how ADR bores you and Orton doesn't though personally.

He gets the same amount of lines and more mic-time to say them.
Randy rarely gets the mic (thank god).

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Del Rio has charisma for days. It doesn't matter who you are, if WWE creative sends you to the ring to say 'My name.. my name is ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. IT IS MY DESTINY TO ::insert next event here:: '

they will bore you after the 4th or 5th time you hear it. He needs better material to work with, that's it.

majo

Jobber
Reaction score
This should be fun in various of ways.
One one hand you have the guys that gradually get pushed and used, and then you have the guy that gets pushed down our throats.
I for one wants the former

Bench

Jobber
Reaction score
I've heard Del Rio will return with a new, more aggressive attitude, which means he'll still be a heel and will likely be pushed again. As for his feud, with orton, it could be good.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Del Rio has charisma for days. It doesn't matter who you are, if WWE creative sends you to the ring to say 'My name.. my name is ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. IT IS MY DESTINY TO ::insert next event here:: '

they will bore you after the 4th or 5th time you hear it. He needs better material to work with, that's it.

how long has Alberto been speaking english, exactly? my feeling is he's improved in his time off

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I hope they put ADR in his mask.

And call him Dos Santos, Jr.

(Yeah, yeah! I know it's not gonna happen, but a boy can dream, right? Besides, it's STILL REAL TO ME, DAMN IT!)

wk

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Wacokid27 said:
I hope they put ADR in his mask.

And call him Dos Santos, Jr.

(Yeah, yeah! I know it's not gonna happen, but a boy can dream, right? Besides, it's STILL REAL TO ME, DAMN IT!)

wk

Lmao, it would be cool. But as you say - will never happen.