Details on why WWE pulled Alberto Del Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Source: PWInsider
WWE sources have confirmed that Christian was pulled from the WrestleMania 28 Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long match because of issues with his ankle. The decision to pull Christian was made early on Monday.

Regarding Alberto Del Rio being pulled, WWE officials looked at the 12-man match and felt that Del Rio didn't fit in it. They are planning on pushing Del Rio soon and didn't want him in a match that will be full of comedy and other shenanigans. With that said, it's interesting to note that they kept guys like Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and The Miz in the match.

It's said that WWE has something grander planned for Del Rio this year. Instead of returning in the 12-man match, officials want Del Rio to have a more dramatic return to the company. Even though he recently participated in the angle with John Laurinaitis, the original plan was to do Del Rio vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania and sources report that the Orton vs. Del Rio feud is still planned. The decision to pull Del Rio was made in the last week some time.

Despite being pulled from the match, expect Del Rio and Christian to appear in a backstage WrestleMania segment or Del Rio could even work the dark match.

Oh god, ADR vs Orton, I know Dolph'sZiggler will be pleased. In all seriousness, that could be the most boring feud of 2012. Why they haven't used him in the tag-team division yet baffles me.

WWE

Champion
Reaction score
I dont think ADL is even that big of a superstar, i cant stand him!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I've said before I think Vince really puts ADR on a pedestal, and he probably has another big push in mind for him when he comes back and thinks he is somehow above this pissant feud.

Interesting that they say they have plans for an ADR/Orton feud (which IMO would produce some amazing matches) bu I wonder if that means ADR to Smackdown or Orton back to Raw.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leviathan said:
ADR and Orton? Oh, how... interesting.
/sarcasm

You're a stupidly obsessed Randy Orton fan, do you really hate ADR or something?

Also, since Randy has a new catchphrase the promos would go like this.

Randy Orton: My name........... is Randy Orton (BIG POP)
ADR: My name, my name is Alberto Del Rioooooooooooooooooo (couple claps).

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The WWE Universe will be clamoring for ADR by the time he finally returns. Clamoring I say!

Xanth

Stuff
Reaction score
Crayo said:
You're a stupidly obsessed Randy Orton fan, do you really hate ADR or something?

Also, since Randy has a new catchphrase the promos would go like this.

Randy Orton: My name........... is Randy Orton (BIG POP)
ADR: My name, my name is Alberto Del Rioooooooooooooooooo (couple claps).

I'm not stupidly obsessed, I just don't see why ADR would get pushed. I don't like him as a person.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Del Rio had boring subject matter in his promos--- far from his fault. Outside of that what could you possibly have against the guy? He wakes up in the morning and shits excellence

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
finisher-alberto-del-rio-o.gif

He's probably one of the top 3 best workers in the WWE.