Details on a possible Sid Vicious return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

For whatever it's worth, former WWE Champion 'Sycho' Sid Vicious has his body looking in shape and he is trying to get another run in World Wrestling Entertainment. He is 46 years old now. No word yet if WWE is interested in bringing him back or not.

Sid had a match at an indy show back in March. A person who witnessed it said that it was actually pretty decent. He was also in pretty much the same shape people last saw him in when he was in WCW. At the Wrestling Reunion convention last weekend, he got the second biggest ovation from fans when he entered the room behind Kurt Angle.

Believe it or not, but WWE was actually interested in using Sid in a match at WrestleMania 22. But for whatever reason, it just didn't work out. They were also interested in interviewing him for the Four Horsemen DVD, but Sid didn't do it for one reason or another. Furthermore, a few years ago, former announcer/producer Kevin Kelly wanted to do a piece on him for WWE Confidential. They wanted him to do an interview with him with the focus being on the gruesome injury he suffered in 2001 when his left leg snapped in half after he jumped from the middle turnbuckle. By all accounts, he seems to have completely recovered from the injury as he's wrestled in several matches since then. Anyways, the reason he didn't do the interview is because he had given thought to a possible comeback in WWE and he didn't want to look weak in front of the fans. If and when he returned to WWE, he wanted it to be a surprise.

It wouldn't be out of the realm for WWE to bring Sid back because they've brought back people just as old as him in recent years. They were using Tatanka up until last January and he was 45 years old (he actually turned 46 years old yesterday). Hacksaw Jim Duggan is even older than him as he is 53 years old, and he is a member of the main WWE roster no less. Brad Armstrong worked a few ECW house shows last year, and he was the ripe old age of 45. Marty Jannetty received a contract last year (but was dropped within two weeks), and he was 44 years old.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
sound pretty good.. i liked him in the past, hopefully he is not too old to powerbomb some ass like he did

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Sid had been wrestling a year or so back in Canada,tag teaming with Carl Oulette,aks Quebecer Pierre..

He always was one of my favorites. & Though one dimensional ringwise,always gave a great powerbased match. Saw him live beat Hercules in 2 seconds.

Acideyez

Reaction score
One of the best Big Men to ever step foot in the ring. And for some reason I really liked his interviews as well.Had some real classic matches with undertaker,and no doubt he'd do good matches with him,Khali,and Kane i'm sure. Not sure if it's to late for him to be a Main Eventer. But the guy is great. Will be awesome to see him in the ring again. I'm sure he can still move really good.

TK-Walker

Reaction score
Sid was one of my fav's growing up. I would love a Sid vs Taker rematch.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Damn this is huge news ... I hope he does indeed sign

Rell

Reaction score
I really don't know where all this "one of the best big man" stuff is coming from so I'm guessing some of you are younger fans who are familiar with him but haven't seen him wrestle. Sid Vicious was basically Batista before there was a Batista, and any of you who watched his WCW work will know exactly what I'm talking about. He isnt known for being very skilled, in fact the only thing he's known for is shattering his ankle after botching a top rope move. I wouldn't want Sid to return and take TV time away from guys who deserve it like Regal, Matt Hardy, etc...Besides I'm sure he lost a step from his WCW days (which isnt at all a good thing) So I would rather WWE pass up on him. However, I wouldn't mind seeing him as an on air personality, just not wrestling.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
As long as he doesnt pull a Kevin Nash in the ring, then I'm fine with hime coming back.

Montana

I dont know why, but i feeel like this has TNA written all over it.

Rell

Reaction score
I dont know why, but i feeel like this has TNA written all over it.

Lmao, while reading I was thinking "I thought it was TNA who brings in washed up wrestlers, not WWE"

No disrespect to TNA

Great One

One of the best big men ever... lol? He was decent at best. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, if he can at least entertain somewhat.