Departing TNA Superstar Shoots All Over The Company

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Matt Bently, aka Mavrik Matt aka Michael Shane aka Maryter was one of the most talented X-Division guys...hell ROH fans should remember some classics he had with AJ Styles & Paul London. He was the winner of the first ever Ultimate X Match, he was the one that teamed with Frankie Kazarian for awhile, and also was managed by Tracy aka Ms. Brooks for awhile and the fans would always bounce back and forth to his music which was commonly refered to as the Benlty Bounce. When they changed his name to Matt Bently that was okay, when they changed it to Mavrick Matt was kinda of the start of the mis use. Personally leaving TNA will be good for him in the long run I think. He would never gotten anywhere. His best bet is to return to ROH I think. I'm not confident he would get a good push in WWE, except for a possible use of the fact that he is Shawn Michaels cousin and if they are planning to bring up the New Hart Foundation from OVW, what better young next gen star to fued them with? lol

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Matt Bently, aka Mavrik Matt aka Michael Shane aka Maryter was one of the most talented X-Division guys...hell ROH fans should remember some classics he had with AJ Styles & Paul London. He was the winner of the first ever Ultimate X Match, he was the one that teamed with Frankie Kazarian for awhile, and also was managed by Tracy aka Ms. Brooks for awhile and the fans would always bounce back and forth to his music which was commonly refered to as the Benlty Bounce. When they changed his name to Matt Bently that was okay, when they changed it to Mavrick Matt was kinda of the start of the mis use. Personally leaving TNA will be good for him in the long run I think. He would never gotten anywhere. His best bet is to return to ROH I think. I'm not confident he would get a good push in WWE, except for a possible use of the fact that he is Shawn Michaels cousin and if they are planning to bring up the New Hart Foundation from OVW, what better young next gen star to fued them with? lol

Agreed with most of your points... Damn 1 member of The Gymini for trademarking his name!!! It's ALL His Fault !!! lol

By The Way doesn't this mean that Johnny Devine get's the chop in the near future?

Beer Money Army

i like Matt bentley he waspretty.. After His Heel/Face run with tracy Brooks as his manager. i think TNA were fucking him around.. He's got skills in ROH 2002-2003 he showed them pretty well and in TNA too...

but i hope he does some show in ROH's dates or some other top indy company.. WWE could be good for him, but i think they would push him too much to be like an HBK 2 but i dunno...

if feel now in tna 2007 .. If your an ex-wwe wrestler we will hire you push the shit out of you and not use the ones that bought the company to the game....

That idea will put them out of business by 2010-2012

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Good for Bentley, TNA's just traveling down the same road WCW did anyway.

Bentley should have a place in the SD! cruiserweight division at least, because of his HBK connection.

reaction

Reaction score
TNA has turned into the x wwe superstar play ground if your a WWE wash out your in business if your a great talent but haven't ever been in WWE sorry your lower card

Bradders

Reaction score
I feel he is right, he has been working extremely hard but gets pushed to the back by wrestlers who haven't proved themselves in TNA, will he go to ROH?

phantomgerald

I used to hope that one day TNA would actually beat WWE, but then they started signing overrated WWE rejects and it all went downhill. Matt Bently is a good talent, but he's going to be the first of many old-timers to leave TNA and soon TNA will be nothing but a 4th WWE show, and WWE will pick up all the wrestlers that left TNA and they would become even more loaded.

reaction

Reaction score
I used to hope that one day TNA would actually beat WWE, but then they started signing overrated WWE rejects and it all went downhill. Matt Bently is a good talent, but he's going to be the first of many old-timers to leave TNA and soon TNA will be nothing but a 4th WWE show, and WWE will pick up all the wrestlers that left TNA and they would become even more loaded.

Definetly this cod be a golden opportunity for WWE cos isnt samoa Joe leaving soon or somtin??

Trips V.2

Reaction score
I've heard Joe's pretty unhappy in TNA. But, I can't remember if he resigned his contract or not.

I'm not sure WWE would know how to use Joe, though. He's not exactly WWE material.