Delete Threads

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I think either everyone or legends should be able to delete posts or threads, This will be helpful for things like double posts etc, Crayo

Reaction score
How would this be abused and who abused it?

I think it was during the counting game when people (not sure which ones) would post there and delete their post to lose track of the counting. After that it was removed because we found out that there were other ways to abuse it as well. Some examples that could happen or has happened.

- A user could go rouge like ragequit the forums and delete all their posts (might have happened this once or tried to)
- If your account gets hacked/stolen, then someone could delete all your posts (Has happened before to someone but no harm was done to the account)
- You can delete your OP and the second reply on that thread will be the OP making them the thread author
- Can be used to remove a lot of your posts that you don't want the public to see (maybe from early days when you were new here)
- Bumping your threads. Post a reply, thread goes on the first page, delete your post. Not sure if this works on Xenforo though.

So now, it's removed more as a pre-caution to abuse.

Why would someone wanna delete all their posts? lmao

Ragequit forums, gets their account hacked/stolen, or delete their posts from early days when they were new.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
We can still delete posts though, just not threads?