Degrading Fueds?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JHar888

Reaction score
Last night, at Genesis, ring announcer David Penzer referred to The Roode/Joe match as a "grudge match." Also, when Robert Roode took on Petey Williams at LockDown, it was considered a "grudge match." On the card as well, was the non-title, non-gimmick MCMG/Team 3-D match. Was it referred to as a "grudge match?" No. When I realized that after watching the PPV a second time, I just couldn't help but to think that it just plain 'ol made the MCMG match look bad. It's kinda like cutting down your own company's PPV match. Thoughts?

PeepShow

Explain this to me again. More clearly. I think I know what you are saying, but it really doesnt make to much sense. Who the hell cares if they call it a grudge match or not. Seriously...

Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sence at all. Stop complaining about things that dont matter

Barurot

Reaction score
Huh? MCMG made look bad? They WON the match, how could they look bad?!! Of course it's a grudge match, 3D slammed them thru tables in a previous impact! episode!!!

therazar

Reaction score
what hes saying as i think is that matches that are not feuds are called grudge matches and matches that are feud are not recognized as feuds but i dont think too many people care about it

Christian

Reaction score
i still dont get it.

but thank you to everyone else who doesnt understand with me. i thought i was too high for a second.

03mnm

Reaction score
Last night, at Genesis, ring announcer David Penzer referred to The Roode/Joe match as a "grudge match." Also, when Robert Roode took on Petey Williams at LockDown, it was considered a "grudge match." On the card as well, was the non-title, non-gimmick MCMG/Team 3-D match. Was it referred to as a "grudge match?" No. When I realized that after watching the PPV a second time, I just couldn't help but to think that it just plain 'ol made the MCMG match look bad. It's kinda like cutting down your own company's PPV match. Thoughts?

I am sorry if I sound negative but man who the hell cares what they call the matches they can call them single, grudge special whatever it still doesn’t change anything and MCMG didn’t look bad they went over probably the greatest tag team in the history of the industry and you care about what David Penzer announced the matches???

Reaction score
I never even thought about it like that grudge match normal match not to bothered what they call it

Switchy

Reaction score
So you are saying TNA are degrading their feuds because of how Dave Penzer introduces them? As long as the match/feud is good I don't really care tbh.

The Rated R CMStar

Having a match announced by Dave Penzer is degrading by itself!

Now seriously, this makes no sense or difference. It doesn't matter how they announced it, the important fact is who wins and how. and obviously the in-ring action itself.

JHar888

Reaction score
Explain this to me again. More clearly. I think I know what you are saying, but it really doesnt make to much sense. Who the hell cares if they call it a grudge match or not. Seriously...

Everyone, everyone. Here's to making a long story short:

Roode/Williams is a "grudge match."
MCMG/3-D is a match "scheduled for one fall."

My point is, what's the difference?

Switchy

Reaction score
There is no difference. One match is named under one title and the other is named under another. They are both grudge matches and scheduled for 1 fall but it doesn't matter if it is announced that way or not. You always gotta make big deals outta little things...

xtremebadass

So calling the sucky match a grudge match and calling a better match nothing makes the better match look bad? IMO, it doesn't matter what the match is called, all that matters is the match itself. Names go in the same category as hype, when it comes down to it, all that matters is the actual match.

JHar888

Reaction score
^ Yeah, well it was just a thought. When I realized that, I just wondered...