Default LG seeks to ban PS3 from USA(Euro shipments already stopped)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
While the Move is the best of both worlds, having a camera and a motion controller combined with 1:1 tracking but yes their actually motion controller design is copying from the Wii, however they perfected the technology just like Microsoft has with Kinect. Also, there was EyeToy games. EyePet, Eye of Judgment, Buzz Quiz, PGA Tour 08, Singstar, PES 2008, certain PS3 games which use the EyeToy for uploading pictures and obviously Move games.

as I said prior to move the camera was barely being used in the same as Eye Toy was on the PS2...uploading pictures? big deal. Eye of Judgement was the only game that actually used it as an Eye Toy style game....hense why there was no Eye Toy Play 3, or Eye Toy Groove 2 or any of those other crappy crappy Eye Toy games that never sold shit and just collect dust on retailer shelves to this day (assuming they didn't just write them off and toss them in the trash) So please stop calling the Eye Toy a sucsess, it was not. When less then 10% of Playstation 2 owners own one, its not a sucsess.

Look at a PS3 controller then look at a 360 controller, you will see that the 360 controller is inspired by it. Notice how the have all the face buttons where they would be located on PlayStation controllers?

The face buttons are located in the same spot on every controller since the begining of time!!! The NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, Playstation, X-Box, X-Box 360, if thats your arguement for X-Box controllers being inspired by Playstation controllers then your even more dense then I thought.

Well, back with the XBOX they switched up the placements but they still take inspiration from PlayStation controllers.

Um, again, face buttons are in the same place on every controller ever made....not sure where you get this idea that the face buttons placement changed

Hell, using Rumble Support is taking inspiration from PlayStation controllers, doesn't matter if Immersion created the technology, Sony was the first to implement it and what a massive success it's been.

I guess you forgot about a little thing called the Rumble Pack which came out on N64 in April 1997 before Playstation ever had rumble controllers (which weren't released until November 1997)....but thats okay, But even still even if we forget about the N64, Sony is still not the first company to use Force Feedback....Microsoft use to have these controllers way before the days of Playstation called Sidewinders (which by the way also look very similar to the X-Box 360 controllers which again kills your arguement about them being inspired by Playstation controllers) and one day they came out with this new Sidewinder with what they called Force Feedback. The technology was very popular, the problem is very few of the PC Game companies supported it because they felt it was a waste of time to spend extra time developing their game to support it when they could just put the game out as is. Reguardless the controllers themselves were in hot demand....Again I know this because we used to sell them back in the 90's when I started with EB/Gamestop.

if anyone can tell me what nation means by the face buttons changing position or in his earlier post about xbox changing the analog and D-Pad around from the original X-Box to the 360 please help me out cause I'm staring at these pictures and all I see is a sleeker design from the original to the 360.

images
images

Kassidy

Reaction score
beyond the black/white button I gots nothing TG; all that was missing from the first xbox controller to be a complete dreamcast controller was the slot to put the memory card in lol.

nation

Reaction score
as I said prior to move the camera was barely being used in the same as Eye Toy was on the PS2...uploading pictures? big deal. Eye of Judgement was the only game that actually used it as an Eye Toy style game....hense why there was no Eye Toy Play 3, or Eye Toy Groove 2 or any of those other crappy crappy Eye Toy games that never sold shit and just collect dust on retailer shelves to this day (assuming they didn't just write them off and toss them in the trash) So please stop calling the Eye Toy a sucsess, it was not. When less then 10% of Playstation 2 owners own one, its not a sucsess.

Doesn't matter, you insisted that there wasn't games for PS3 that used the Eyetoy before the Move when as I just listed, there has been.

The face buttons are located in the same spot on every controller since the begining of time!!! The NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, Playstation, X-Box, X-Box 360, if thats your arguement for X-Box controllers being inspired by Playstation controllers then your even more dense then I thought.
So obviously the design for the first XBOX swapped positions with the D-Pad and Joystiq to avoid being a complete copy of PS controllers with the exception of the extra buttons the XBOX had, whatever.

Um, again, face buttons are in the same place on every controller ever made....not sure where you get this idea that the face buttons placement changed
Again, they swapped positions with the first XBOX, take a look at a 360 controller and then look at a PS3 controller and play with them both, the 36o0 clearly does take inspiration as PS controllers have looked the same since the PS1, same size, face buttons in the PlayStation fashion with no more additional buttons, the use of two joystiqs, rumble support after the Dualshock made it popular, sure it was on the N64 too, but Sony took all the credit for it when everyone was being wowed by the Dualshock.

I guess you forgot about a little thing called the Rumble Pack which came out on N64 in April 1997 before Playstation ever had rumble controllers (which weren't released until November 1997)....but thats okay, But even still even if we forget about the N64, Sony is still not the first company to use Force Feedback....Microsoft use to have these controllers way before the days of Playstation called Sidewinders (which by the way also look very similar to the X-Box 360 controllers which again kills your arguement about them being inspired by Playstation controllers) and one day they came out with this new Sidewinder with what they called Force Feedback. The technology was very popular, the problem is very few of the PC Game companies supported it because they felt it was a waste of time to spend extra time developing their game to support it when they could just put the game out as is. Reguardless the controllers themselves were in hot demand....Again I know this because we used to sell them back in the 90's when I started with EB/Gamestop.
They were definitely being produced at the same time so yes both Sony and Nintendo should share equal credit for introducing vibration function, however like I said, Sony has had ridiculous success thanks to the Dualshock, while the N64 Rumble Pak didn't achieve any where near the success of the Dualshock, probably because in comparison to the Dualshock, the Dualshock didn't require batteries to use the feature, so obviously it was the better product and now every generation of PlayStation has introduced the next Dualshock and become the primary controller for each generation of PlayStation controllers. Doesn't matter, third party controller at the time and for PC, this is about consoles and Sony created the best controller for consoles, to this day other companies create similar controllers because they know they will benefit from it and that really, the PlayStation controllers have introduced the best way to play games on consoles.

The FACT is that Sony is the biggest innovator in terms of console gaming, no they weren't the first and Microsoft deserves all the credit for all the online interaction and integration, in regards to Nintendo they deserve all the credit for handheld gaming which is one of the biggest accomplishments period and they deserve the credit for making motion control so popular, though Sony has now perfected it and the Sixaxis introduced motion control to an actually controller, but yes they did indeed make it popular.

Sony brought console gaming to disc based media(no they weren't the first but they were the ones who pulled it off which ultimately is what matters the most), they perfected console gaming controllers, introduced the DVD and Blu-ray formats to their respective generation, yes Microsoft would later allow you to watch DVD's but you have to buy it, it was an add on and later on they would put it the console, but by including the ability to watch DVD's in all PS2 consoles since launch, Sony reaped all of the benefits of DVD and is now reaping benefits from Blu-Ray. They created the EyeToy which brought new abilities to console gaming, the PS3 really is a super computer and they introduced downloading directly from the internet to consoles, incredible innovation with all the things the PS3 can do when it doubles as a PC in some aspects.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Doesn't matter, you insisted that there wasn't games for PS3 that used the Eyetoy before the Move when as I just listed, there has been.

No I said there was no game that used Eyetoy the same way Eyetoy was ment to be used as an interactive device. The reason being is because again it wasn't a sucsess. If it was Sony would have had motion interactive games for the PS3 Eye right aways, but instead told the world that it wasn't that great of a feature when they like Microsoft decided to declare the Nintendo Wii a fad. When they realized it wasn't they ripped it off, tweeked it and hense the Playstation Move was born and finally a reason to actually own a camera for the PS3. So much in fact that it sucked that Sony had discontinued the PS3 Eye.

So obviously the design for the first XBOX swapped positions with the D-Pad and Joystiq to avoid being a complete copy of PS controllers with the exception of the extra buttons the XBOX had, whatever.

Again all controlles since the begining of controller time have had the same design layout. The differences are size, number of buttons, curverture of the controllers shape and colours. So if the X-Box controllers are a rip off of the PS controllers (which they are not) then the PS controllers are a rip off of the SNES controllers (which they are not)

Again, they swapped positions with the first XBOX, take a look at a 360 controller and then look at a PS3 controller and play with them both, the 36o0 clearly does take inspiration as PS controllers have looked the same since the PS1, same size, face buttons in the PlayStation fashion with no more additional buttons, the use of two joystiqs, rumble support after the Dualshock made it popular, sure it was on the N64 too, but Sony took all the credit for it when everyone was being wowed by the Dualshock.

Wow there was a key statement "Sony took all the credit" How typically Sony. Taking credit for stuff they didn't do. I was laughing at your Sony is the biggest innovator of games line too, but I'll get to that later. Anyways whats funny is how you isnist the 360 controller is inspired by PS controllers yet you just pointed out that the Playstation controllers haven't really changed at all since the introduction of Dual Shock on PS1, and yet we have shown you pictures of an original X-Box controller & 360 Controller and its clear that the 360 Controller is a new variation of the original X-Box controller.....Which by the way if they haven't really changed their controller design in that many years, thats not very inovative.

They were definitely being produced at the same time so yes both Sony and Nintendo should share equal credit for introducing vibration function, however like I said, Sony has had ridiculous success thanks to the Dualshock, while the N64 Rumble Pak didn't achieve any where near the success of the Dualshock, probably because in comparison to the Dualshock, the Dualshock didn't require batteries to use the feature, so obviously it was the better product and now every generation of PlayStation has introduced the next Dualshock and become the primary controller for each generation of PlayStation controllers. Doesn't matter, third party controller at the time and for PC, this is about consoles and Sony created the best controller for consoles, to this day other companies create similar controllers because they know they will benefit from it and that really, the PlayStation controllers have introduced the best way to play games on consoles.

To eliminate PC from the equation is stupid because everything in the consol buisness ultimately is because of the PC gaming industry. Reguardless to say Nintendo & Sony share credit for Rumble technology is dumb. No doubt Dual Shock was more sucsessful because it was a better design, but to say that makes them the inovators of it, is dumb. Do you even know what inovator means? Its not about who does it best, its about who introduced it and did it first. And the truth is, Sony has not done anything more then anyone else to inovate the industry. As a matter of fact you could probably count their inovations on 1 hand (maybe 2)

The FACT is that Sony is the biggest innovator in terms of console gaming, no they weren't the first and Microsoft deserves all the credit for all the online interaction and integration, in regards to Nintendo they deserve all the credit for handheld gaming which is one of the biggest accomplishments period and they deserve the credit for making motion control so popular, though Sony has now perfected it and the Sixaxis introduced motion control to an actually controller, but yes they did indeed make it popular.

Sony brought console gaming to disc based media(no they weren't the first but they were the ones who pulled it off which ultimately is what matters the most), they perfected console gaming controllers, introduced the DVD and Blu-ray formats to their respective generation, yes Microsoft would later allow you to watch DVD's but you have to buy it, it was an add on and later on they would put it the console, but by including the ability to watch DVD's in all PS2 consoles since launch, Sony reaped all of the benefits of DVD and is now reaping benefits from Blu-Ray. They created the EyeToy which brought new abilities to console gaming, the PS3 really is a super computer and they introduced downloading directly from the internet to consoles, incredible innovation with all the things the PS3 can do when it doubles as a PC in some aspects.

Again Inovation is who did it first, not who did it best....but even some of the things you say Sony did first they did not do. Here are some facts for you....

The FIRST Game consol to use analog was the Atari 5200. The first consol to use it sucsessfully was the Nintendo 64.

The FIRST company to use Rumble/Vibration Feedback was Microsoft, The first consol to use it was the Nintendo 64.

The FIRST company to create a Disc Based Game Consol was Phillips, The first sucsessful Game Consol to be stricktly Disc Based was the Sega Saturn (and yes it was sucsessful everywhere except North America)

The FIRST company to Create a DVD Based Game Consol was Playstation2, however none of their games at launch were on DVD discs.

The FIRST company to put a game on DVD for their Consol was Microsoft for the Original X-Box as every game on their system was DVD format

The FIRST company to use Shoulder Buttons on a consol controller was Nintendo with the SNES

The FIRST company to offer DVD Playback on a consol was Playstation 2

The FIRST company to offer Online Play through their consol was Sega Dreamcast, the Ones who do it best is still X-Box 360 with Live

The FIRST company to offer Motion/Interactive controls in a controller was Microsoft again (They did it back on their Sidewinder controllers as well), the first Consol was Playstation 3

The FIRST company to offer Wireless controllers standard with a consol was Microsoft with the 360

The FIRST company to offer Blu-Ray support was Playstation 3

The First Consol with a Camera was Playstation 2

The FIRST Consol to allow more then 2 controllers to be hooked up with a multi-tap was the NES, the First to allow more then 2 without a multi tap was the Nintendo 64

The FIRST consol to allow voice chat in online gaming was X-Box

The FIRST consol to offer downloadable content for games was X-Box

The FIRST consol to offer a Harddrive in place of Memory Cards was X-Box

The FIRST consol to use Bluetooth was Playstation 3

The FIRST consol to introduce Dual Analog support was Playstation

The FIRST consol to introduce HD gaming was X-Box 360

The FIRST consol to have 1080p gaming was X-Box 360 as it upscales all its games to 1080p, the FIRST consol to have a game in Full 1080p is Playstation 3

The FIRST consol to have wireless network connections Playstation 3

The FIRST consol to allow High Speed connections was Dreamcast

The FIRST consol to offer Web Browsing was Dreamcast

The FIRST consol to offer cross game chat X-Box 360

Microsoft - 10
Sony - 9
Nintendo - 5
Sega - 4
Atari - 1
Phillips - 1

So as you can see, less then 10 inovations on what is considered to be the biggest advancements on moddern game consols out of 30 things. Feel free to list other inovations in gaming and I'll find out who did them first, but I'm willing to bet in most cases it won't be Sony.