Decline of the Tag Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
TNA used to have the best Tag Division. AMW, Team 3D, LAX, James Gang, The Naturals, Styles and Daniels. Now we see no AMW, LAX is shit now without Konan, James Gang is VKM and arent fun to watch anymore, Naturals got fired, Styles and Daniels broke up. Team 3D is the only good tag team and TNA knows that. Basham and Damaja are horrible. TNA is down and out, I think it'll be hard to come back with strong tag teams. Sabin and Shelley would be real good, Senshi and Rhino looked real good at Slamiv., Roode and Storm would be pretty good...but how do you put a gimmick on these teams? It'd be hard, and gimmicks is what made the TNA tag division so good. The decline of the X Division has also occured.

edge&christian4ever

Reaction score
I think this is just something that is happening in both TNA and WWE. I'm really dissapointed because i love tag team wrestling.

Reaction score
The tag division sucks but the X-Division is getting alot better now. Samoa Joe has won back the X-Division Title which is awsome, and its going to be interesting to see who he defends it against

PeepShow

^Stay on topic......

Well if Sabin and Shelly team up, it will be much better for the tag division. I see Nash helping them 2 win the tag titles. I just hope they win the tag titles sooner or later. Like I said, I think AJ and Tomko win win them before VR, and it will set up for a ggod ME. But shortly after theat I expect a change

Reaction score
I hate how Team 3D are the champions though, they are so boring and cant put on good matches. They better lose those titles before Victory Road

xtremebadass

TNA's tag division is always up and down, but this is probably the lowest point yet, maybe that's what this whole match of champions is about, just to bring the tag titles to the main event and juice it up

phantomgerald

^^^yeah with Styles and Daniels in the match and the motorcity machine guns, and LAX and 3d, I think the tag divisions are revived

Truth

Reaction score
Now you dont know if Styles and Daniels will be a permanent team. Styles is in Christians Coalition and I'm not sure how they would just out of no where take him up and team him up with Daniels, unless Daniels joined it but his character does not fit that group. TNA has been teasing the break up of the Coalition for a while and I would want Styles and Daniels to win the belts next week then Styles breaks up from the Coalition, telling Christian he has the gold you dont I dont need you anymore. Hopefully Sabin and Shelley officially enter the tag division, Team 3D stays, LAX breaks up (Konan was the only reason they were so over as heels, no w/o him there nothing), and then VKM and The Bashams can be fired. Thats 3 tag teams, they will need atleast one more, maybe Jerry Lynn and Petey Williams. Make the tag division much more exicting and highflying with some crazy ass matches.