Death Penalty or Life in Prison?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Guano

Reaction score
The A&E section seems "lonesome" so, I thought I would create a thread and hopefully get some discussion back into this section.

I'm currently taking Law and there have been a tremendous amount of debates over various topics such as, The Death Penalty vs. Life in Prison and that's what I'm here to talk about today ladies and gentleman.

My personal opinion of the subject is that I believe in Life in Prison because I think everybody deserves a second chance regardless of their crime. That's just my opinion though, I'm sure other people will have different opinions on the matter.

*I'm terrible sorry for the short thread, but I'm a little busy at the moment and don't quite have the time to post a huge enormous thread. Hopefully next time though, I'll be looking forward to reading the responses later if I have the chance.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If your never released from prison where is the second chance. Also how many first time convictions end up on death row?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I think he's asking, would you prefer the Death Penalty or Life in Prison.

I'd go Death Penalty, after all I'm spending life in prison, what's the point?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Death Penalty.

Why are we paying money to take care of a criminal for the rest of his life. Seriously, some of this prisoners now are better off then some people. Just kill him and get it over with.

Only problem is, is the fact that there is a chance, maybe small, but a chance that they got the wrong guy, it's happened before.

I'm not against Life in Prison. Don't get me wrong. But I think there should be a Death Penalty.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah but I'm saying his idea of them having a second chance is illogical their in prison so they get no second chance. Therefore I agree with Taps

TheZig

Reaction score
Well coming from England we don't have a death penalty under our criminal system, So i've never experienced a story about such in my nations press. I believe the death penalty still exists in many places in Asia, Africa and ofcourse the US though. In my opinion i think the death penalty should take place in the situation of mass genocide due to complications between nations. It may not resolve the situation on a whole but what it does is prevent the chances of a 'rescue mission' for that leader of whatever regime. I also know it would possibly lead to some sort of counter attack, But im saying it comes within reason for human decency.

On all other aspects what would fall under the death penalty i would say just let them rot away in prison for their crime, But im sure people would disagree there.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well coming from England we don't have a death penalty under our criminal system, So i've never experienced a story about such in my nations press. I believe the death penalty still exists in many places in Asia, Africa and ofcourse the US though. In my opinion i think the death penalty should take place in the situation of mass genocide due to complications between nations. It may not resolve the situation on a whole but what it does is prevent the chances of a 'rescue mission' for that leader of whatever regime. I also know it would possibly lead to some sort of counter attack, But im saying it comes within reason for human decency.

On all other aspects what would fall under the death penalty i would say just let them rot away in prison for their crime, But im sure people would disagree there.

Who pays for that?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Death penalty.

Some people simply don't deserve to live for decades after they killed, raped, kidnapped etc people. For me I don't understand why they deserve the privilege of three hot meals a day and free accomadation paid for by the tax payer.

For serious crimes where there is no doubt that this person did it then they should be executed. For example the Norwegian killer that killed dozens and dozens of people, it was clearly him that did it so he should simply have been shot at the scene and then that case would have be wrapped out. Now he gets his time in the media. Another example is the gunmen that fired at a political rally last year that killed half a dozen people. It was clearly him that did it, he killed people, therefore he should be killed. Now he gets off because he is "criminally insane" which is the most ridiculous excuse ever. Anyone that kills someone is crazy because killing someone is crazy so it isn't an excuse.

So if there is no doubt that this person killed, rape, kidnapped people then they don't deserve to spend the rest of their life in jail. As long as there is no doubt they did it then I don't have a problem with it. Also on death row it shouldn't take years, once the ruling is brought down they should be taken out back and shot. I am sorry but I have no sympathy for these people.