Death on the Nile [A Detective Adventure Part II]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
the thing is, a lot of time when that happens its still like 6+ ppl talking. its not like like one person just saying shit (well outside of one specific user already mentioned). the rest are legitimate interactions. like me, smark etc arent just posting random shit for no reason
Well often it is you/me/someone and smark interacting over something stupid that none of you are willing to drop in fairness lmao

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
Blaming ppl posting too much for inactivity is the biggest bullshit lmao, dont blame passionate players because youre lazy. Its a game which whole purpose is to talk.
I mean it's not though to be fair. You're here a lot, other people don't have that much time to dedicate to the game. Coming in and having a 60 page read in front of you is definitely a motivation killer, and you're never going to be as involved in the game as all your posts are catch up posts. When you've caught up the last thing you want to do is read more shite

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well often it is you/me/someone and smark interacting over something stupid that none of you are willing to drop in fairness lmao
I think thats a very small percentage of posts overall if you actually look at it. Arguments are a fair point but a different issue altogether, not a post limit issue. I see a big difference in an ego clash vs a spam

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean it's not though to be fair. You're here a lot, other people don't have that much time to dedicate to the game. Coming in and having a 60 page read in front of you is definitely a motivation killer, and you're never going to be as involved in the game as all your posts are catch up posts. When you've caught up the last thing you want to do is read more shite
But thats kind of a you problem. No one is asking you to post more or be more active. People should not have to play at your speed , im not asking anyone to play at mine.

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
But thats kind of a you problem. No one is asking you to post more or be more active. People should not have to play at your speed , im not asking anyone to play at mine.
Except you are asking people to play at your speed. No one else has a choice, they have to read 200 posts of yours per phase, with content that could fit into 100

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Except you are asking people to play at your speed. No one else has a choice, they have to read 200 posts of yours per phase, with content that could fit into 100
thats your opinion lmao. n oone is forcing you to read shit and ive not accused you of being inactive either so idk why your complaining even. smark , poyser and many other players have had very similar or higher post counts than me in the past and will continue to do so in the future. whining about ppl actually participating actively in a game is small dick shit

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
1k+ posts aint it...

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
thats your opinion lmao. n oone is forcing you to read shit and ive not accused you of being inactive either so idk why your complaining even. smark , poyser and many other players have had very similar or higher post counts than me in the past and will continue to do so in the future. whining about ppl actually participating actively in a game is small dick shit
It's not directed solely at you. Games we used to have a top poster would have like 100 posts with everyone involved. Because certain people are posting such ridiculous numbers, we end up with 50% of the game being played among two people. I don't think it's that much of an ask to tone back some of the absurd spam we have at the moment

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Can you not work it down to 16 or so?
Yeah I'm not locked in at 20, would have to knuckle a few people down and re-work roles & characters, which will also help for fake claiming and the like.

This won't be until January at the earliest so plenty of time to work out the kinks. Odo is gonna check the balance too so it'll be done nicely

Reactions: Poyser

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's not directed solely at you. Games we used to have a top poster would have like 100 posts with everyone involved. Because certain people are posting such ridiculous numbers, we end up with 50% of the game being played among two people. I don't think it's that much of an ask to tone back some of the absurd spam we have at the moment
i dont really care that games used to have 100 posts as the top poster, look at the entire game. its not just a few ppl. 6 ppl have over 400 posts. thats not 50% of the thread talked amongst 2 ppl at all, ppl just like to be active. you dont. both are fine. close the thread at night and its solved as i said like 3 times already too. i cant speak for ekko, but i dont spam. so if i were to play again, i certainly would not intentionally try to post less. if i see something I think that needs to be discussed i discuss it. if you rather internalize it thats fine too.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Caps are a pain tbf cos you could be in an exchange building a case or mulling a decision and then have to stop at x amount of posts.

Onus should be on people to not spam. Junk had 100 posts in the first few hours lol and nothing in it was gameable.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
It's not hard to be more concise as opposed to dragging the same point out over 15 separate posts.

It should definitely be host discretion but I think host should be well within their rights to enforce a cap if they think it will help more casual players contribute and/or enjoy the game.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean there's really only one person actually doing that

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Inactivity is an issue not just here, so it's a game related problem.

I also think we could do something like on WG where they confirm your entry once the game is ready to go through a ping, discord message etc. This way we can ensure that guys like Pein, Poyser, CP, N0M etc who don't regularly visit the site are aware when the game is about to start.

That way everyone has been afforded the opportunity to be around for game start.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
static start deadline well ahead of time is kind of a must if people need outside tags, sure