Death on the Nile [A Detective Adventure Part II]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I think 7 correct town clears and 1 correct scum read on my first reads list of the game on day 1 is pretty good to be honest. Not sure what your problem is with my reads list or why you're being a dick because I suggested that you stop playing if you keep saying that's what you want to do. If it's negatively affecting your mental health then it might be good to take a step back

If you're going to get emotional every time something you don't like happens and get in a circle jerk with two players because you don't like how others are playing then you better hope they aren't scum. Saying you won't play with them again is fine but we are trying to grow the section here not shrink it, if you can't adjust then leave

And if you want to accuse me of bad town play despite my good reads list how about suggesting we vig an active Doddsy because you don't know how to read him :heston

You were getting ultra mad at me for wanting to follow a red cop check on you from one of my strongest town reads. Sorry I can't predict a closed setup
no i was getting annoyed at you for calling me emotional when i pointed out reasons you were wrong and being disrespectful in your responses. you disagree. its fine. you clearly dont understand ppl can curse and stand their own ground without being emotional. and i will leave, those players are trash and you can make all the excuses and jack them off all you want. im not the only one who dislikes playign with them and theyve ruined like quite a fair share of games for me personally so its not some new thing. i dont care about growing the section, thats poysers problem. i care about playing with ppl who dont play anti town and dont feel like i should adjust, so yes, i will simply not play. nothing will change by me staying or leaving other than me not having to deal with weirdos.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah but you cant bitch mid way through a game when you dont have the full picture lol. If after the game you still think its fucked then sure. At the time ace was going off, anything could have happened. Maybe he wasnt even a dodgy cop, maybe his target was bus driven, framed, maybe he was redirected etc etc none of which is bastard. Im obviously no stranger to being annoyed as fuck about the setup and bitching, but I do my ranting post game (and i am trying to be less mean about it but im obv not innocent there by any stretch)

I do understand that Juice, as the host, is the person that has the responsibility here to handle things way better. The players dont have the responsibility to not get emotional. Im just saying Ace was hardly innocent here either.
my point is ppl do this every game like clockwork so what makes this instance special

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Nobody realizing Lethal had been yeeted was hilarious. Legit had to check with Poyser in dead to make sure I wasn't going crazy. :heston

Reactions: Sister Abigail

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
and no, im not picking on juice. Smark has been scolded for doing this too and I have in the past even just for posting a bit too much. just dont interact with ppl in thread as host period. its really the best thing to do at all times.
A host has the right to get mad, sure. Send a DM, if the conversation started in a DM, it would have probably been the same, but I would not have dragged ig, and I said it, and agree host should not interact in game other than answering question if needed and to post vote counts and results.

Im not claiming to be the victim here, nor I want Juice punish. But now that the game is over Im just sharing my side.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Yeeted? What PC peddling shit is that?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
By my definition of bastard it was, adding to the dethy a framer, 2 3p teams, results are never to be trusted even if the 4 cops worked together, but again it was playable, but imo should have been announced as bastard.

And yes im not claiming im a saint or like juice said a victim, but if a player shows frustration and you think whatever reach out privately.

and going of to the host mid game is not what happened, Juice replied to a post I made, justifying someone approved the game, then continue to say that ot was because I didn’t understand the games mechanics and the conversation ensued.

if you let it be itnwould have been a non issue, I sent my cop check and I was ready to keep playing.

I was not the only one either to think that. And half of the game is players saying how annoying they are with or at someone. So yes put me as the example, but the problem goes way bigger than me.
Its not bastard. One of the 3p factions was a survivor duo which arent hostile. Survivors (at least in this section) are really common and appear in a lot of games, theyre nothing new (even if i dont like them). The most common setup here is town/mafia/SK/survivor. So there being two 3p alignments doesnt qualify as bastard

The cops was to muddy the waters a bit but again its not bastard. My definition of bastard is the host is intentionally misleading the players and/or including roles/mechanics that the players have no possible way to account for or figure out. 4 cops points to one of each sanity (this is nothing earth shattering... tpein figured it out before any of you flipped lol). Once you know that, after a couple of nights you can quite easily figure out what the deal is. Plus getting flips etc. Also added to this - all 4 cops were town, which is also INCREDIBLY helpful when it comes to POEing the game. I dont think this game was even close to being bastard if im honest. The biggest gripe is that there was 1 non town too many lol

That said Im not making you the example. I understand why you were upset and you were far from the only player in this game to get toxic or emotional. I agree with you mostly about the way Juice handled what happened and think she handled it wrong, but we should also show some empathy and understand that she was upset because her game was being shit all over, which is a sore spot for her because some of her previous games have been torn to shreds and received badly. This is why she got this game checked by Big Man before hosting, so that she didn't have to deal with all that. So whilst she dealt with it 100% the wrong way, she (as you) just got emotional and let that get the better of her.

As always with this stuff, its not just one person is right and one person is wrong lol. Nobody in this section is a bad person that just tries to cause trouble or piss people off for the heck of it (except maybe Barry lmao)

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Its not bastard. One of the 3p factions was a survivor duo which arent hostile. Survivors (at least in this section) are really common and appear in a lot of games, theyre nothing new (even if i dont like them). The most common setup here is town/mafia/SK/survivor. So there being two 3p alignments doesnt qualify as bastard

The cops was to muddy the waters a bit but again its not bastard. My definition of bastard is the host is intentionally misleading the players and/or including roles/mechanics that the players have no possible way to account for or figure out. 4 cops points to one of each sanity (this is nothing earth shattering... tpein figured it out before any of you flipped lol). Once you know that, after a couple of nights you can quite easily figure out what the deal is. Plus getting flips etc. Also added to this - all 4 cops were town, which is also INCREDIBLY helpful when it comes to POEing the game. I dont think this game was even close to being bastard if im honest. The biggest gripe is that there was 1 non town too many lol

That said Im not making you the example. I understand why you were upset and you were far from the only player in this game to get toxic or emotional. I agree with you mostly about the way Juice handled what happened and think she handled it wrong, but we should also show some empathy and understand that she was upset because her game was being shit all over, which is a sore spot for her because some of her previous games have been torn to shreds and received badly. This is why she got this game checked by Big Man before hosting, so that she didn't have to deal with all that. So whilst she dealt with it 100% the wrong way, she (as you) just got emotional and let that get the better of her.

As always with this stuff, its not just one person is right and one person is wrong lol. Nobody in this section is a bad person that just tries to cause trouble or piss people off for the heck of it (except maybe Barry lmao)
With some disclaimers, I don’t think the game is bad at all. And if repeated with an open setup or semi open Im sure is a fun game.

but the problem of a dethy with 3p imo is that it works on the principle of getting town or villain, when it should have been town or not town. I would remove the framer, because of cops are working together is kinda useless, a godfather would make it more bastard imo but could work. The survivor duo is a though spot for me.

I think as a 21 as intended can work better too.

And again at the moment I was pissed, but I don’t think is a bad setup, and I don’t question it being approved.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
As a suggestion for vote counts for everyone to be easier to follow. In TBT we made a separate thread for voting only. That way the host can have easier access to votes and people can keep track if the host os not available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethal

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
As a suggestion for vote counts for everyone to be easier to follow. In TBT we made a separate post for voting only. That way the host can have easier access to votes and people can keep track if the host os not available.

I like that. Lots.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
As a suggestion for vote counts for everyone to be easier to follow. In TBT we made a separate thread for voting only. That way the host can have easier access to votes and people can keep track if the host os not available.
I don't really think it needs to be changed.

Keeping track of votes is part of the game that I don't think needs to be simplified.

I agree that it makes it nice for the host but that's about it.

Scum can often capitalize (the same way they suffered from it here) from lazy town voting and I don't think that nuance of the game should be taken away.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Also if host contact players with a set day, might reduce absence, but also all games should be more clear about how substitutes and modkills will be done.

Reactions: RDK

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
I don't really think it needs to be changed.

Keeping track of votes is part of the game that I don't think needs to be simplified.

I agree that it makes it nice for the host but that's about it.

Scum can often capitalize (the same way they suffered from it here) from lazy town voting and I don't think that nuance of the game should be taken away.
Maybe if you see it in a hammer or no kill, makes sense, and I hate that mech, but I understand is the culture here.

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
AFB71514-F409-4338-919-A-AE9-C8485-E54-F.jpg

UNFATHOMABLY BASED.
kekw

Last edited:

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
I need a detox from this site so im gonna go for a few days.

if you have something to say to me you can always @ or dm me, but might take a while for me to reply.

I currently don’t have anyone on ignore so anyone can if they want.

Reactions: Sister Abigail