Death Before Dishonor IX - 9/17, NYC on iPPV!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
dbd9_pwinsider.png

Ladder War III
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express
*A contract for a Tag Team Title shot at “Glory By Honor X” hangs above the ring

The “Ringmaster Challenge”- 2/3 Falls Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
* First fall is pinfall only. Second fall is submissions only. If necessary, the third fall is a 15 minute Iron Man Match.

Special Challenge Match #1
Shelton Benjamin vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

Special Challenge Match #2
Charlie Haas vs. Michal Elgin with Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match
Jay Lethal & Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Rhino with The Embassy

Three Way Elimination Match
The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados

One-On-One
El Generico vs. Steve Corino with Jimmy Jacobs​

---

Couldn't see one of these here so I thought I'd make one. :cool:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Hell yeah, I didn't even know that title match was booked. Those two will probably put on a tremendous contest.

Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
Hell yeah, I didn't even know that title match was booked. Those two will probably put on a tremendous contest.
Eddie/Roderick isn't a title match
tongue0026.gif
Unless you meant title match in a different way, in which case I don't blame you. I haven't really been keeping a close eye on the card developments either.

Davey's in Japan on the day of this show, which is unfortunate. I don't see why Eddie/Roderick isn't just an Ironman match but hey, they normally have very good matches.

It said in the latest newswire that Haas and Benjamin will be competing in singles matches, so it's looking possible that there won't be any title matches on this show.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Man, I totally forgot that Richards beat Edwards. Still like the idea of the match. It's the first of it's kind, I think.

I think El Generico will end up defending the TV title as it is.

Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
An "open letter" from Kenny King...

To whom it may concern,

It’s no secret that the ANX pretty much despise everything about the Briscoe Brothers. For the last seven months we have beaten them and they have beaten us. Blood has been spilled and everyone’s pain tolerance has gone up. Rhett and I want to end this feud sooner or later and move on so we can have full focus on the ROH Tag Titles.

Whatever ROH officials come up with for a stipulation at Death Before Dishonor, anything less then a Ladder War will not end this hostility and it will only continue. We understand that ROH officials are fearful of the 3rd War especially since we are now under the Sinclair Broadcasting banner. We respect SBG highly and do not want to upset them in anyway but they must understand that if we get this stipulation on September 17th there is finally a chance to end the blood and carnage between us forever.

You can hang Mark’s teeth or anything above the ring. We don’t even need a title shot on the line because it is about more then that. It is about validation and the better team prevailing. I know the fans want it and we want it. Rhett and I will sign 25 liability waivers and bring the ladders ourselves. Just please take into consideration the fact that after September 17th there never has to be another Ladder War again.

Thank you for your time,

Kenny King
ANX

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Eddie/Roddy stipulation. Why it just can't be a 30 min Iron Man match amazes me. Davey being in Japan sucks, as you need your Champ to be on an important event like Death Before Dishonor, especially seeing as it's going to be an Internet PPV. Shelton & Charlie are going to be in singles matches too, which I guess makes sense. As the KoW are likely to be gone by then, and you have The Briscoes vs ANX in a possible Ladder War. So it could be one of the weaker Death Before Dishonor's for a while.

Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
Young Bucks/Cole & O'Reilly/Bravados, 3-Way Elimination Match. I'm just glad we don't have to see another Cole & O'Reilly/Bravados match.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
BRAVADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bravado Bandwagon is rollin' into NYC! Now I'm fuckin' pumped for this event.

Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
I'm also on TEH BANDWAGEN, but they could really do with some fresher opposition. The only fresh and viable match I can think of right now for The Bravados is vs. The Bucks.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
As long as they beat the Bucks because I hate those spot monkeys.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
If the Bucks are going to be sticking around ROH, i'd have them beat Haas & Benjamin for the ROH Tag Titles at Final Battle.

Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
I haven't really cared for Haas and Benjamin in ROH, so I wouldn't be totally against the Bucks taking the belts from them. I'd prefer Cole and O'Reilly to do it but whatever.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I don't think Cole & O'Reilly would be suitable Tag Champs. At least with The Bucks, they were the longest reigning PWG Tag Champs of all time. So they've had that experience of being Tag Champions for another company & Cole & O'Reilly haven't.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If the Bucks are going to be sticking around ROH, i'd have them beat Haas & Benjamin for the ROH Tag Titles at Final Battle.

Leave those school children away from the belts in the best tag division in wrestling right now. Most of their move set doesn't look like it would hurt a midget let alone two athletes the size of the WGTT. It's the same problem Evan Bourne has always had but nobody seems to care because they jump around like idiots.

Personally, I want to see ANX break through the glass ceiling finally and capture the belts. Rhett has come a long way.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Updated the card.

Ladder War III has been officially confirmed with the winners becoming the #1 contenders for the Tag Titles. Since The Briscoes have gotten the better of the ANX for most of their feud, I wouldn't be too surprised if the ANX won. I don't like Shelton's match with Mike Bennett. I think Haas' with Elgin has potential to be good. Corino's trying to get out of facing Generico, after he and Kevin Steen tried to de-mask Generico for most of last year in that awesome feud. And Rhino's returning, which i'm looking forward to.

Oh and Kevin Steen says he's going to be showing up, according to his twitter page.