Backlash Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles (Thoughts/Opinions)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who do you think will win this match?

• Dean "F***ING" AMBROSE!

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • AJ " The Phenomenal" Styles

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Usually I'd call this a queer vs queer match and not take it seriously, but honestly AJ on Smackdown has been alright, and he has the clean win over Big Match John. I want AJ to win, with the rumors that he was supposed to be universal champ until plans changed at the last minute which would have prevented the glass demon midget from shattering , I'm guessing AJ will win. Hopefully he can drag a good match out of this useless boring sack of low ratings shit. Dean hasn't had a good match and he can't talk without making me suicidal so...for his sake, AJ better be in the carrying mood.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think it's going to AJ and I am pretty damn happy about it because I NEVER thought I'd see the day. I have been following AJ for 13 years and he has always been one of my favorites. For me this is a huge deal because if AJ wins the WWE Championship, he will become only the third person in wrestling history to hold both the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and the WWWF/WWF/WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The ONLY two guys who have ever done this are Ric Flair and Buddy Rogers, and I think that is some impressive company to be in. These are now the two longest still active major titles in the United States. I know it's not quite the accomplishment of Flair and Rogers, since the NWA council voted for them to be champs and Jeff Jarrett pretty much solely decided AJ would be the NWA champion... but its still a major deal in my eyes.

And then AJ can also say he is the ONLY person to ever hold the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship... could even throw the IWGP in there if I wanted.

I know to most of you this might not matter. I mean, in a sport with predetermined champions, it might seem silly to some to laud such things. But growing up when I did, this sort of thing was a huge deal and the nostalgic part of me still says it is one.
I agree 100%

And although it's predetermined champions. It still proves that AJ is one of the best wrestlers of any show, brand, company, ever. They may pick who's going to be champion, but usually they pick the best. The best has been AJ Styles no matter where he's gone.

Last edited: