Dean Ambrose US Title Reign

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Going back to the US title, will it be defend at EC or Wrestlemania? My money is on Ambrose vs Reigns vs Rollins at Wrestlemania.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I say Rollins should take the US championship off of Ambrose, and Roman moves onto something else after a small feud with Dean.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I say Rollins should take the US championship off of Ambrose, and Roman moves onto something else after a small feud with Dean.
It'd make sense for Rollins to win that, even though he's in the middle of the whole feud between Reigns and Ambrose. However, I'd much rather see Rollins get a push than Reigns. WWE is trying way too hard to push Reigns when he isn't even that talented. I was extremely pissed off at him beating Kane's record because there's no way in hell Kane should've lost that record. As much as I'd be happy to see Rollins try to bring some prestige back to the US championship, I'd much rather see Reigns be sidelined with it.

Farooq

Reaction score
I prefer Reigns just because he has that more intense feel, kinda like what Goldberg had when he debuted in WCW, ironic. Sure, Reigns isn't as talents in ring as Rollins, but he has a more marketable look, he has that badass feel, he's decent on the mic but can improve and has a good enough moveset that's for the main event. I'm not against Rollins getting any main event matches, or even a world title reign since I catch his in ring abilities to be the best out of the three, but he doesn't have the intensity or the look like Roman has.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I prefer Reigns just because he has that more intense feel, kinda like what Goldberg had when he debuted in WCW, ironic. Sure, Reigns isn't as talents in ring as Rollins, but he has a more marketable look, he has that badass feel, he's decent on the mic but can improve and has a good enough moveset that's for the main event. I'm not against Rollins getting any main event matches, or even a world title reign since I catch his in ring abilities to be the best out of the three, but he doesn't have the intensity or the look like Roman has.
To me, I'd say ability means more than looks. Roman really has done nothing to impress me thus far. Rollins has put on matches against Cena and I believe Punk and they were great. Rollins seems better on the mic than Roman. Roman just seems plain awkward on the mic as if he doesn't know where he belongs. I know that his relation to the Rock gets him a lot of credibility (WWE logic), but even so, he doesn't deserve an undeserved push. He should be sidelined by beating Ambrose for the US title and then being stuck with it.

Farooq

Reaction score
Sticking him in the lower midcard division would be such a horrible decision really. He already has the record for the most eliminations, and the crowd is behind him heavily. I don't really see him not going into the main event scene with the fans behind him as well. And as for relations with Rock, I don't really think that has anything to do with his push lol.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Sticking him in the lower midcard division would be such a horrible decision really. He already has the record for the most eliminations, and the crowd is behind him heavily. I don't really see him not going into the main event scene with the fans behind him as well. And as for relations with Rock, I don't really think that has anything to do with his push lol.
Yeah, the problem I have with him is the fact that he even got the most eliminations. A guy who is 6 foot 3 and 251 pounds should not be able to beat the record of a 7 foot 300 pound man. The crowd is only behind because of the spear, which he can't even hit that well. Once he hits the main event scene, I can easily see him falling down. Also, I still see the Rock as someone who is affecting his push. I still think he should be sidelined with the US championship. Then he could start improving himself by doing what Ambrose, and that is defend the title on several occasions.

Farooq

Reaction score
Different opinions I guess. I really enjoy watching him hit the spear and his superman punch lol. As for The Rock part, Rikishi, Usos and Umaga never held a world title, and even Usos were not used for a long time. I doubt he's the reason for the push, and I doubt Roman would defend the title more than Ambrose. They always book US Champions poorly, that would be a waste of Roman to see him in a pretty much dead/jobber division.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Different opinions I guess. I really enjoy watching him hit the spear and his superman punch lol. As for The Rock part, Rikishi, Usos and Umaga never held a world title, and even Usos were not used for a long time. I doubt he's the reason for the push, and I doubt Roman would defend the title more than Ambrose. They always book US Champions poorly, that would be a waste of Roman to see him in a pretty much dead/jobber division.
For the Rock part, they tried to push Rikishi but he didn't have the charisma. Usos will be getting their shot at WM 30. As for the US championship, even if that does end up happening, I'd much rather see Rollins in anything than Reigns any day.