Deadliest Catch Season 8

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
[video=youtube;tZZqEei12po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZqEei12po[/video]

Easily one of my favorite shows on TV, all the main boat from last season will be back, so should be good TV once again. Looking forward to seeing if Jake and Josh Harris are any closer to eventually being able to run there own boat this season.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm so excited. This is one of the few shows I still watch, and it's always been one of my favorites.

Also, from what I've heard about this season it looks to be a great one. I hope Josh and Jake and make it this year. They will always have a soft spot in me.

Ben

Reaction score
It's amazing to cause it's a really simple concept that they really haven't changed much at all in all the season besides add a boat here and there. Only captain/boat I really didn't like last year was the Ramblig Rose, guy and his crew just came off like jerks.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
without edgar and the late captain phil i lost interest and didnt watch last season.lookin forward to this season though and glad edgar is back.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very happy that Edgar is back as well, he is my favourite on the show and without him the Northwestern is missing something. Really like Northwestern and Time Bandit and the stuff they pull on each other is classic.

Jake and Josh Harris frustrate me, well mainly Jake and the way that Josh allows him to get away with what he does. They have a great opportunity but until Jake can kick the habit they won't do well and I can see why Derrick the stand-in captain couldn't gel with them, although I didn't really like his methods either. For this season I think that Josh should captain the boat and then they should bring in a very experienced deckboss or engineer to help them if they need it.

Look forward to another season and I am glad that they still focus on the fishing in this show. Some of these Reality/Documentary shows can become more reality than documentary over time but thankfully they haven't gone that way yet.

Ben

Reaction score
Well Jake and Josh for whatever reason didn't have enough money to even run there own boat again this year, so there both on different boats now. Really a shame and they didn't really explain wheter or not the Cornellia Marie was even in the fleet this year. They really pissed away a golden opportunity, hopefully they can save some funds and get there own boat running again.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
To me it sounded as if they just weren't running it Josh seems like he's on the Time Bandit to get proper training. While Jake well I expect him to just be jake but on a different ship and I'll be shocked if he and edgar or he and other jake dont go at it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think this season starts for me this week so i'll definitley be watching.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Shame that they couldn't get the Cornelia Marie ready for the season I wanted to see how they went running it on their own because it would have either been a huge success or a massive disaster. Good to see that the other boats are helping them out but it will be interesting to see how they fit in. I wonder if they are going to be teaching them about how to captain a boat because I remember last season that is what they really wanted, someone to teach them how to run a boat. Will be tough since on both the Northwestern and the Time Bandit they already have crew members that want to learn how to captain so it may cause some friction.

Ben

Reaction score
Only 2 boats are really catching crab so far this year. The Northwestern is getting full pots of Reds and the Seabrooke one of the 3 boats to fish Blues is doing good also. Everyone else is pulling up crap pots.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I realy hope we see the Seabrooke and Ramblin Rose go at it. I'd have been lifting the other guys pots if he'd tried that shit with me.

Ben

Reaction score
The captain of the Ramblin Rose just comes off as a D Bag, easiest my least favorite captain on the show.

Also felt bad for Edgar, guy wants to be a captain and Sig pretty much told him to fuck off.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well Edgar did just come back after bailing so he's got to know he wants to stay back. I think a lot of the convo was cut. Seemed like sig was saying lets get another boat and edgar was like I don't really want another boat don't you wont a break I'll take this boat awhile. Sig doesn't seem to want time away and Edgar doesn't seem to want to commit to his own boat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Surprised that more boats are trying to go for Blue crabs this season as it hasn't really worked out that well in the past. No surprise that Northwestern is catching crab, I can't remember a season where they didn't catch crab. I can understand why Sig would be hesitant to make Edgar captain because he doesn't know if he will stick with it as he has complained about being away from his family in the past. But it would be easy on Edgar's body so he may be happier doing that role rather than putting his body through hell on deck.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just caught Episode t'other day.

Elliot on the RR just comes off as an utter tool by putting his pots ontop the Seabrookes. What makes this funnier is that I swear last season he was getting in contact with the other captains over the comms devices asking for where the crab is.

From the way Johnathan was speaking on the Time Bandit, it looks like he will be willing to impart his knowledge onto Josh on captaining a boat while I doubt Jake is going to get such wisdom from being on the Northwestern. That's not a dig against the NW though because they always seem to be on the crab and have started the season as you would expect, but I just don't see Sig ever wanting to let go so to speak especially after the discussion with Edgar. It can only be a good thing for the brothers though as being on different boats and out of their comfort zone so to speak, they're likely to mature and maybe pick up new things from the way other guys work.

Also, the lack of Wizard footage on Episode 2 wasn't cool.

Last edited: