DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Would have been curious to see this. I thought Ben Affleck was pretty good, but Brolin doing an older, raspier version? Sounds dope.

Josh Brolin has made quite an impact in superhero films as it is, but he’s reflecting on one that got away.

The actor — known for playing Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, along with Cable in Deadpool 2 — was a recent guest on the Happy Sad Confused podcast. During the interview, he discussed having been in contention to play Batman for director Zack Snyder before the filmmaker settled on Ben Affleck, who made his debut in the iconic role with 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

“That was interesting to me,” Brolin said about the prospect of playing the Caped Crusader. He then emphasized that he was eager to play the part, had Snyder not gone in a different direction: “That was his decision — that wasn’t my decision. That was his decision.”

The actor, who earned an Oscar nomination for 2008’s Milk, added that the role particularly appealed to him because he likes taking on projects that involve some risk. “Something that is set up to not work at all, or to work flyingly — I like those odds,” Brolin said. “I like playing with those odds. I’m like, ‘Am I the guy who’s gonna make it all fail?'”

This discussion led him to bring up George Clooney’s role in 1997’s often-mocked Batman & Robin, with Brolin saying about that film’s critical response, “You talk to Clooney, and he’s still joking about it — and it wasn’t his fault.”

Brolin, 54, went on to say that the conversations he had about playing Batman came prior to his work on Deadpool 2, which hit theaters in May 2018. “It would have been the older, more raspy, for lack of a better word,” he said of his discussed Batman portrayal. “Honestly, that would have been a fun deal, and maybe I’ll do it when I’m 80.”

This isn’t the first time the Outer Range performer has talked about coming close to getting the coveted gig. In 2018, Brolin told Comic Book Movie that everything worked out for the best. “I’m really glad it didn’t happen,” he said at the time. “I haven’t thought twice about it.”

Affleck, for his part, is set to reprise his role as Batman in the film The Flash, currently set for release on June 23, 2023.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brolin is more of a Thomas Wayne.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yeah Brolin would have looked a bit too old.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow are cancelled.

• Sad
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Bummed to hear that news because I really enjoyed Batman especially when they did the change with Batwoman. Superman & Lois is a damn good Show don't touch it DC!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Always loved John Stewart as Green Lantern must watch for me. I need more Lantern Animated stuff please DC!

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Not surprised about Batwoman. Show seemed DOA ever since the initial actress left after Season 1.

I liked Legends at the beginning but the last couple seasons have been so out there. Show definitely jumped the shark IMO

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I haven’t watched the CW-verse for years so I don’t care lol

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not surprised about Batwoman. Show seemed DOA ever since the initial actress left after Season 1.

I liked Legends at the beginning but the last couple seasons have been so out there. Show definitely jumped the shark IMO

Welp when your Writing Team clearly wasn't hitting the mark and you have Ruby Rose acting a fool I can see why people have those thoughts. Javicia Leslie I thought was amazing as Batwoman she fit the role way more than Ruby and it seemed once she came in the whole Cast started to really feel like a family and you saw it on Screen. Sucks that the Batwoman Show is the Shelf because I thought they did some great things during that run.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So is “The Flash” the last standing DC live action show?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Forgot about that one. Which is crazy considering I liked the few episodes I’ve seen so far