DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Well, shit. :pour

Dwayne Johnson's next blockbuster projects Black Adam and DC League of Super-Pets will be releasing in theaters later than anticipated, the Rock revealed on his Instagram. DCEU fans will have to wait until October 21 to see the anti-hero in action, meanwhile, audiences will be able to see him voice Superman's dog on July 29.

The reason for delaying both films remains unclear, but it is not too surprising that the animated project takes the spot that Black Adam initially acquired. Johnson produces both projects through his Seven Bucks Productions banner with longtime producing partner Dany Garcia. Even with the schedule shift, the highly-anticipated DCEU film still arrives before the rest of the DC film slate, including the Ezra Miller-led Flash movie and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Moreover, it gives DC League of Super-Pets a chance to be a summer-hit, jumpstarting an all-new animated franchise for Warner Bros.

Aside from the anti-hero himself, Black Adam will mark the big-screen debut for the Justice League of America, which consists of Aldis Hodge as Hawkman, Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate, Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone, and Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher. The supporting cast also includes Sarah Shahi set as freedom fighter Adrianna Tomaz, while it’s theorized that James Cusati-Moyer will play her brother, Amon. Meanwhile, Aladdin’s Marwan Kenzari has also joined the film in an unknown role, assumed to be one of the villains. Behind the scenes, Jungle Cruise director Jaume Collet-Serra reunites with Johnson to helm the long-awaited superhero project.

Although his name circulated in the DC universe in the 2000s, it was just seven years ago when Johnson confirmed he intended to play Black Adam on the big screen. A lot has changed in the DCEU since then, and while it's disappointing that it took so long, the arrival of Black Adam comes off the heels of the critically-acclaimed Shazam!. The Zachary Levi-led film indirectly set up Teth Adam's arrival and serves as an amazing bright spot in the ever-changing, ever-growing DC Extended Universe. The sequel, Shazam! Fury of the Gods, is currently in post-production; however, it won't feature Johnson's character as the villain just yet — although a set image from director David F. Sandberg teases a potential cameo in the upcoming film.

First announced in 2018, DC League of Super-Pets gained steam with Johnson attached, amassing a star-studded cast in the process. Joining him is on and off-screen best friend Kevin Hart as Ace the Bat-Hound, Keanu Reeves as Batman, John Krasinski as Superman, Marc Maron as Lex Luthor, Vanessa Bayer, Kate McKinnon, Natasha Lyonne, and Diego Luna. The latest trailer for the upcoming superhero film revealed Reeves as the iconic Caped Crusader while teasing a fun action-comedy for all ages. Behind the scenes, Jared Stern (The Lego Batman Movie) handles the screenplay and co-directs the animated flick alongside Sam Levine.

DC League of Super-Pets arrives on the big-screen on July 29, while Black Adam hits theaters on October 21.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ofcourse DC pushes another movie back :vince4

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
for fuck sakes.....they trying to keep Batman in theaters longer or they just this inept with finishing their movies on deadline?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
God these fucking idiots JUST released a promo video highlighting the four movies that would be released this year and then switch the release dates like a month later lmao. I love how they blame COVID visual effect delays. You were literally shooting the movie during COVID and now you can’t sit in a room to put the special effects in? It’s only March. I can’t believe they think they can’t have the movies ready by November and December. At least we’re actually getting Shazam 2 early so we’re still getting three DC films this year just not the ones we were promised. Whatever.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean it technically makes sense because Shazam 2 finished filming before both Flash and Aquaman so they’re probably further along in post on that movie than the other two. It’s just hilarious they change the release date like a month after releasing that promo video lmao. And that video is playing in front of The Batman

:TI:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
“Supernatural” alum Misha Collins, who played the trench-coat-wearing angel Castiel on the long-running CW series, has been cast on the network’s “Gotham Knights” pilot, Variety has learned.

Collins will play District Attorney Harvey Dent in the project, which is based on DC Comics characters. In DC canon, Dent is known for later turning into the Batman villain Two-Face.

Per the official description for the “Gotham Knights” character, “Dashing, with a swagger, Harvey Dent is Gotham’s charismatic, hard-charging District Attorney. With a rigid sense of right and wrong, Harvey’s idealism and single-minded quest for justice will ironically and tragically transform him into one of Gotham’s most feared supervillains, Two-Face.”

“I’ve asked if my version of the character could be wearing a beige trench coat over the grey suit,” Collins tweeted Wednesday, along with a picture of a Harvey Dent/Two-Face figurine. “(I’m just not sure I’ll be comfortable in front of a camera without one.) #newTVgig #GothamKnights.”

Written by Chad Fiveash, James Stoteraux and Natalie Abrams, the CW drama pilot — which is notably not a spinoff of The CW’s “Batwoman” or based on the upcoming release from Warner Bros. Games.– takes place in the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, as his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the “Gotham Knights.”

Fiveash and Stoteraux executive produce, with Abrams set as a co-executive producer. Danny Cannon is directing the pilot and also executive produces. Other EPs include Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden

“Gotham Knights,” which is based on characters created for DC by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, hails from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

See Collins’ tweet about the casting below.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
So anyone else pissed at Warner and how they have handled the Snyderverse? I really wanted a Man of Steel sequel.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So anyone else pissed at Warner and how they have handled the Snyderverse? I really wanted a Man of Steel sequel.

I really wanted a Man of Steel Sequel as well but as I saw DC almost completely forget about him I knew they could do something like this. We are dealing with multiple Timelines now though so if they wanted to and Cavill wanted to they could bring him just like that. It's going to be hard to be invested in someone from a Show that I don't watch to get behind right off the bat. All these push backs for Films too hurt my soul and it doesn't help things when Erza is getting recently arrested. I just hope these push backs don't hurt them and they thrill to see the Films are still there when they finally do release.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sucks for Henry Cavill.....dude's been saying for along time he's ready and willing to don the cape whenever and they just drop him like he got metoo'd.

DC and Warner sure been a shit show the past decade.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Who knows if it’s true but it’s so fucked up if it is. It wasn’t Henry’s fault he was in shitty movies and now Warner bros doesn’t want to touch him. Superman should literally be the face of DC and now they basically REFUSE to make a movie featuring the character. Fuck them. He should go to Marvel honestly.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Henry Cavill was a great Superman, I definitely woulda liked to see more. Only so much you can do with the script you are given, but I really enjoyed how he played the character. Plus he seems like a good dude in real life too. So yeah, I think that is very unfortunate.