DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

What in the fuck is this DC? You tell him he's back, do the End Credits Scene...and then change your mind? So whatever plans you have with a new Superman you can put that in the Toilet because he's going to have little to no shot of people getting behind him. My faith was starting to look up for DC but this decision is like taking a Poison Dart to the Liver.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Henry Cavill suddenly making every phone call to see if he can come back to the Witcher Franchise.

But yeah shitty situation all around.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

What in the fuck is this DC? You tell him he's back, do the End Credits Scene...and then change your mind? So whatever plans you have with a new Superman you can put that in the Toilet because he's going to have little to no shot of people getting behind him. My faith was starting to look up for DC but this decision is like taking a Poison Dart to the Liver.

It's a literal change of mind. As in a new brain running DC. James Gunn has different plans for the Superman character than the previous regime. Black Adam was from the previous regime.

If it is a younger Superman than I fail to see an issue with this as Cavill wouldn't be able to portray a younger character.

I'm not at all sad because I have yet to see a good Superman movie with Henry Cavill. Man of Steel was not good, and Justice League was crap.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
It's a literal change of mind. As in a new brain running DC. James Gunn has different plans for the Superman character than the previous regime. Black Adam was from the previous regime.

If it is a younger Superman than I fail to see an issue with this as Cavill wouldn't be able to portray a younger character.

I'm not at all sad because I have yet to see a good Superman movie with Henry Cavill. Man of Steel was not good, and Justice League was crap.

A younger Superman to do what though? This is where Timelines for DC gets really fucked up because now what do you do with him? A younger Superman with the same damn Story to go where though? The Batman was one of the best Superheroes Movies in the past Decade and he has his own Universe right now I don't think I wanna see a young buck Superman have his own Universe because I know where it goes and it leads to Zod, Doom or another Justice League new rebuild. I get it they want a young Superman for the kiddies and Adults to love but I don't see how you couldn't of created some really cool stuff with Cavill that alot of fans wanted to see. Right now Superman is at the Kiddies table at Christmas Dinner for the foreseeable future and that doesn't sit well for me when you got Shazam, Aquaman, Joker 2, Blue Beetle, the Flash Movie on the slate with the majority of these Films being in that Universe. Maybe The Flash Movie resets everything but right now I'm utterly confused at DC decision today with Cavill.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
DC's such a dumpster fire.

James Gunn more likely to make Superwoman or some shit.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
DC's such a dumpster fire.

James Gunn more likely to make Superwoman or some shit.

In some ways I'm happy he got out of this Toxic Company so he can do the Highlander Reboot finally.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
A younger Superman to do what though? This is where Timelines for DC gets really fucked up because now what do you do with him? A younger Superman with the same damn Story to go where though? The Batman was one of the best Superheroes Movies in the past Decade and he has his own Universe right now I don't think I wanna see a young buck Superman have his own Universe because I know where it goes and it leads to Zod, Doom or another Justice League new rebuild. I get it they want a young Superman for the kiddies and Adults to love but I don't see how you couldn't of created some really cool stuff with Cavill that alot of fans wanted to see. Right now Superman is at the Kiddies table at Christmas Dinner for the foreseeable future and that doesn't sit well for me when you got Shazam, Aquaman, Joker 2, Blue Beetle, the Flash Movie on the slate with the majority of these Films being in that Universe. Maybe The Flash Movie resets everything but right now I'm utterly confused at DC decision today with Cavill.
Honestly, none of those movies are James Gunn movies. Joker/Batman are not affiliated with James Gunn and the DC Universe so they are irrelevant to the proceedings. Shazam, Aquaman and Flash are from the prior regime and will likely be swansongs for both actors (if I recall they already fired the Flash actor for being a shit person and a criminal). If Momoa and Levi stay on I'd wonder if they continue with the current continuity or do a soft reboot. The only reasons the movies are even being released is because they're already done or close to it (don't get me wrong they probably shouldn't even bother with releasing Flash).

With regards to Superman, we have absolutely no idea what direction they go. They could go Smallville era, they could go with a young guy, but as long as they decide not to make superman a fucking murderer I don't care it's already better than the shit they killed the character with in Man of Steel.

The so-called DCEU has been shit for a long ass time. People complain about DC movies. Aquaman 1 and Wonder Woman 1 were pretty good, and The Suicide Squad was really good. The guy who made the best movie they've made has come in to fix the broken system, but everyone wants them to keep all the bad stuff? If something is bad you replace it. Cavill might be a good actor and not even be a bad Superman, but he's had 3 bites at the Superman apple and 3 bad movies. Move on to a new actor and tell a new story.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I think if they’re replacing Henry then they’re replacing everybody and it’s a hard reboot.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I've seen Smallville where Clark is young and Superman & Lois the Show where he's a Dad theirs nothing DC can show me to gain my interest with Supes if they reboot again. Maybe a Brainiac Film but I'm not putting him against a young buck Supes that would be perfect for someone like Cavill. Cavill never truly had shot at Superman really Man of Steel was him embracing who is he and what he is, but he's not Superman. From there you have him face Batman, Doomsday, while introducing Wonder Woman so that isn't a Superman Film because he was treated as second class compared to them because they were more of the focal point than he was I felt. After the two version of the Justice League Film which the Snyder' Cut should of been the real Film to be put in Theaters you saw that greatness with Superman that we should of gotten in a Superman Sequel.

Also I hate when people talk about Superman killing Zod in Man of Steel to be honest. The dude was going to take over Earth and he seemly with Superman did a whole lot of destruction and would of killed more people if Superman would of not stopped him he needed to do that in that moment I thought. KO'ing him and putting him in Prison makes no sense because Zod would of gotten out which they did something similar to that in the Superman and Lois Story with Supes Brother Tal-Rho. You can't lock up Kryptonian and expect them not to get away. A Reboot of all these Characters from that Snyder Verse is coming I guess I'll need to wait a Decade when I'm 44 to see this all play out :lol

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
They had a few bad movies, but they could have salvaged the DCEU, I'm really disappointed if they reboot everything

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I liked Shazaam, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Superman.....Maybe James Gunn has heat with Zack Snyder.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Bro they’re rebooting the DCU lmao. I thought that was pretty clear by this decision. Obviously all the 2023 movies are coming out because they’re made already but after that they’re starting from square one. I’m sad Cavill isn’t back but a full reboot is for the best. The DCU is a fucking mess. There’s no organization at all. If James Gunn is hired to create a 10 year plan then he should start from scratch instead of trying to put broken pieces back together.

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I do feel bad for Henry Cavill though. Bro was brought back for a cameo and announced his return and then has the rug ripped out from under him. Poor guy. That’s the business but goddamn

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I do feel bad for Henry Cavill though. Bro was brought back for a cameo and announced his return and then has the rug ripped out from under him. Poor guy. That’s the business but goddamn
This is the truth. It does suck for Cavill the way it went down, but it is no ones fault. it's not like James Gunn did the cameo only for him to backtrack. The old regime okayed the cameo and the new regime doesn't want him (right now).