David Otunga is going to be big

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this guy yet. Do you guys not know who he is married to? He is married to Jennifer Hudson. Maybe you guys have heard of her she is only one of the biggest artists out today. This will be the biggest reason why David Otunga will go big. He is fucking Jennifer Hudson. A huge star.

The WWE is not going to treat the husband of one of the biggest artists(she's also a accomplished actress with awards won) like crap. They are going to treat him like a King and take advantage of the exposure they can get from Hollywood stars, music artists, and Hudson's fanbase.

Do not be surprised if this guy wins NXT. Sure it looks like Daniel Bryan has it locked right now but things can change it's only been two weeks. Otunga is pretty much tied with Wade Barrett now for 2nd place. Sure he lost to Darren Young but it wasn't a clean win. Darren ended up looking weak due to his desperate need for Punk's help to win the match. Otunga got screwed by Punk and in addition to that he made it out like R Truth didn't help. So he ends up looking stronger because R Truth was not focused on Punk and because Punk had to help Darren in order for him to get the win.

The WWE actually ends up making him look a little stronger even when he lost. David is also sharing pops with R Truth as his Pro. In his first week he destroyed Darren. So the WWE is already making him look pretty good. In the coming weeks he is going to look better and better.

Eventually this guy is going to be a big star. The only things that could change that are some unfortunate incident involving him or his family, David suddenly deciding to drop wrestling plans, or if Hudson breaks up with him which would kill his star status. Personally I don't hate the guy but I have a feeling he's going to get some undeserved rewards in the future. Hopefully I'm wrong and the guy might actually end up improving in the ring and show some of his charisma.

Well what do you all think? Do some of you even actually think the WWE won't hand this guy a big push? Or are you hoping he ends up showing talent that deserves rewards?

xtremebadass

The dude is a total beast. I can't put my finger on it but he just has the look, the charisma, and that "it" factor that it takes to make it in the WWE. Whether he does make it or not I do not know, but I see a major player in WWE right now for years to come.

the408kid

Reaction score
Although he's cut good promos on NXT I'm still not sold on him yet. Did you guys see the fight between him and R-truth in the back, it looked like they were hugging for god's sakes.

-TJ-

He so reminds me of a bigger MVP. I feel Otunga, Barrett, and Bryan will be great stars in the WWE.

the408kid

Reaction score
He so reminds me of a bigger MVP. I feel Otunga, Barrett, and Bryan will be great stars in the WWE.
The wwe could also make him into their version of the Pope.

-TJ-

It wouldn't work, he can be the MVP that WWE never gave us.

the408kid

Reaction score
Fuck that shit.
I'll say this! Maybe him and MVP can be a Tag Team called the MVP's of wrestling. It would be a heel tag team and they can both show their real mic skills during promos.

-TJ-

I doubt the name, but the idea of a heel tag team with MVP that would act like they did when MVP first came to the WWE would be awesome.

Klide

Ive got to agree i personally pick him over Daniel Brian TBH. Even though that may be stupid.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Although he's cut good promos on NXT I'm still not sold on him yet. Did you guys see the fight between him and R-truth in the back, it looked like they were hugging for god's sakes.

That is generally what a real fight looks like when it goes down to the ground.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
That was Truth's fault. Leave it to a... Jobber :)shifty:) to make a future champion like crap.

Sheamus shouldv'e been on here tbh.

Otunga is awesome. I think Hudson is an ugly chick, but I gurantee he gets out of NXT through her. Probably she special guest hosts Smackdown!(if they move the gimmick) and brings up her hubby. I see a lot of possibilites.

the408kid

Reaction score
That was Truth's fault. Leave it to a... Jobber :)shifty:) to make a future champion like crap.

Sheamus shouldv'e been on here tbh.

Otunga is awesome. I think Hudson is an ugly chick, but I gurantee he gets out of NXT through her. Probably she special guest hosts Smackdown!(if they move the gimmick) and brings up her hubby. I see a lot of possibilites.
She might guest host raw and bring him out and have him face Christian.

LadyHotrod

No one really cares about Hudson, tbh. She's not THAT big of a star.