David Benoit could be joining AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score

(end of the video)

He has a stable friendship with Jericho because Y2J was a big friend of his father. Benoit attended Double or Nothing and said that he has major respect for what AEW is doing and would like to join them. Because of Jericho and few other people he is in good relations there, Benoit could actually be joining AEW soon. Question is just how good is he in the ring and did he inherit that legendary skills his father had. I'm sure he's good but AEW staff will see if he is really on THAT level, we are talking here about a big ass promotion. Jericho talked about him but strictly on a personal level. He said that he looks, behaves and talks like his father, but he didn't say anything much about his in-ring skills. He is already using the name Benoit in-ring and there is a possibility that AEW accepts it if he get's hired. I just hope that his father's crimes won't affect him in any way.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
David in AEW could be interesting, but if I was AEW I would fear the press I would get from such a signing due to his father's legacy if you know what I mean. I do think David has worked or is working for some Indy companies, and if even he is on the same level as his father right now; he may get there one day or even surpass him, no one knows. Personally, as I said I think is interesting and even if David isn't that good with the people involved in AEW, I am sure they will work with him and make him good.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
David in AEW could be interesting, but if I was AEW I would fear the press I would get from such a signing due to his father's legacy if you know what I mean. I do think David has worked or is working for some Indy companies, and if even he is on the same level as his father right now; he may get there one day or even surpass him, no one knows. Personally, as I said I think is interesting and even if David isn't that good with the people involved in AEW, I am sure they will work with him and make him good.
Honestly i would hope for countless reasons him signing with AEW wouldnt be bad press, why should he have to suffer for the actions of his father? he had nothing to do with it and is innocent, there is no way he should suffer or be punished or be looked at in any negative way, it wouldnt be right.

If he does go to AEW i hope he does great.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Honestly i would hope for countless reasons him signing with AEW wouldnt be bad press, why should he have to suffer for the actions of his father? he had nothing to do with it and is innocent, there is no way he should suffer or be punished or be looked at in any negative way, it wouldnt be right.

If he does go to AEW i hope he does great.
I agree fully man, but it is the idea of the sins of the father go to the son. I don't want bad press if he does sign, but I could see it happening.