David Benoit banned from the WWE shows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score

(end of the video)

The son of Canadian crippler explained in a podcast that he was banned from the WWE shows. The reason seems to be Benoit wearing an AEW sweatshirt backstage. WWE is known to kick out people who wear AEW merchandise in the crowd so only God knows what they think about indie wrestlers wearing it backstage. However, there might be other reasons present since the WWE could and would ban him just because of his father’s crimes. They even censor the name Benoit in WWE completely even if it has nothing to do with the Rabid Wolverine. Remember them censoring the full name of Kevin Owens’ mother Suzanne Benoit, that is down right insulting. It is also dumb because Benoit is one of the frequent surnames in Quebec. They are worse than fuckin North Korea since they consider that crime inherits itself to 10 generations, Suzanne looks to be guilty too because of Chris in their eyes.

David Benoit also seems to have a friendship with some of the Canadian WWE stars like Natalya and Tyson Kidd with whom he was backstage. On one occasion he was also seen with Natalya wearing an AEW sweatshirt which probably pissed the company off.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Wait... I can understand taking away an AEW sign but kicking someone out simply for wearing a shirt related to the brand?

I am going to have to call BS on that. They would lose fans and lose money over doing stuff like that.

Maybe David is just a dick? Who knows.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
David is definetely not a dick. All the wrestlers that know him say that he's generally down to Earth and respectful person.

I'm generally against kicking out people because of other promotion's merchandise, only WWE follows that logic. Just look at Impact and ROH events, people wear wrestling merchandise that isn't related to those promotions all the time and generally staff doesn't give a fuck. You payed your ticket and you should enjoy the show. There generally isn't a lot of difference between wearing a Corona beer t-shirt and AEW sweatshirt on a WWE event, you are free to choose what you wear and you bought a ticket so that should be it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
David is definetely not a dick. All the wrestlers that know him say that he's generally down to Earth and respectful person.
I don't know anything about him but I will take your word for it.

I'm generally against kicking out people because of other promotion's merchandise, only WWE follows that logic. Just look at Impact and ROH events, people wear wrestling merchandise that isn't related to those promotions all the time and generally staff doesn't give a fuck. You payed your ticket and you should enjoy the show. There generally isn't a lot of difference between wearing a Corona beer t-shirt and AEW sweatshirt on a WWE event, you are free to choose what you wear and you bought a ticket so that should be it.
I still can't see them doing this. Do you have proof of them actually kicking fans out over wearing shirts from other promotions?

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I still can't see them doing this. Do you have proof of them actually kicking fans out over wearing shirts from other promotions?
Didn't you hear that story about them kicking out a guy for wearing an AEW t-shirt? It went viral, I doubt that was a lie. That was only one known case but I'm sure there were more.
[automerge]1569353544[/automerge]
They also kick out people for filming with a cellphone in the front row, so this is not really a shocker either.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
They also kick out people for filming with a cellphone in the front row, so this is not really a shocker either.
You aren't supposed film anything, that is the reason why. They don't care about pictures.

Didn't you hear that story about them kicking out a guy for wearing an AEW t-shirt? It went viral, I doubt that was a lie. That was only one known case but I'm sure there were more.
I didn't hear anything about this. But this is just one guy. Assuming there is more isn't proof that this is something the company actively does. Is there a video of him getting kicked out?

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Reactions: white crow

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Who wears a shirt under another shirt like that? That seems a bit odd to me.
Haha my boi probably taught to purposely provoke them for a couple of minutes and then take it off, but shit, they approached him and butthurt prevailed.

Reactions: Solid Snake

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
I remember the old Attitude Era shows, they allowed WCW, nWo, Hogan, Sting, Horsemen signs, and that was a time where WCW was #1 and kicked their ass in the ratings and where WWE had every reason to be upset so it has nothing to do with mentioning competition, it has something to do that the main people in WWE turned into a bunch of assholes where the word fun doesn't exist for them.
Also, back then terms like dress code and scripted promos didn't exist unlike today so there is no surprise