Darren Young suspended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE has announced that Darren Young has been suspended for 30 days due to a violation of the company’s Wellness Policy.

The following statement was posted on the WWE website on Thursday:

“In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Fred Rosser (Darren Young) for 30 days effective Wednesday, Oct. 5, for his first violation of the company’s policy.â€￾

Another young talent suspended... Now can we just eliminate him off NXT and end the season or are they going to make it another Superstars for the time being?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, what a jerk. I wonder which experienced talent is encouraging these young guys because I certainly wouldn't do it off my own back. Really WWE needs to get even stricter and not just say drugs are bad they actually need intensive programs where superstars learn of the effects and dangers. I also think stricter policies need to be introduced for those in the company for less than say five years, just like new drivers if they break the law within a certain ammount of time after driving they don't get let off easily...

rcoot93

Reaction score
I don't know why the keep doing it as no one gets away with it

TheZig

Reaction score
Well there goes his WWE career, Lets be honest he's basically still a development talent and he hasn't improved the past year. There is plenty of talent they could have had to go on NXT redemption that they didn't add like Eli Cottonwood, But seriously he is screwed it up for himself.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's funny how the newer talent are always blamed because I'm certain there are bigger stars who get a bigger paycheck that have failed the wellness policy and WWE isn't telling us.

To be honest, I feel WWE are pinning it on the younger guys who fail. I'd love to hear a big name get done for it, I'm very certain at least some big superstar has failed the policy yet we never hear about it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yup eventually Vince will be at trial number 2 and Cena will be the Hulk Hogan in this version of the story.

Too Bad Black Cena had so much...WTF he's still under contract

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It's funny how the newer talent are always blamed because I'm certain there are bigger stars who get a bigger paycheck that have failed the wellness policy and WWE isn't telling us.

To be honest, I feel WWE are pinning it on the younger guys who fail. I'd love to hear a big name get done for it, I'm very certain at least some big superstar has failed the policy yet we never hear about it.

You do realise that they just suspended Sin Cara for a violation. Sin Cara was touted as one of the biggest foreign signings ever and it was HHH's first signing. That is a massive name.

WWE will always announce it and they won't hide any suspensions because it will get out in the end. WWE aren't dumb enough to ignore failed tests, they will definitely suspend them.

On Darren Young he is an idiot and I want him gone. He has been horrible on NXT.

Good news is that finally someone was voted off NXT!

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that WWE doesn't hide certain results. I mean SI's report of guys buying supplements is what really started the whole thing and you are right in that no established talents, (Sin Cara, who has not yet established and Mysterio are it) have really been reported.

TheZig

Reaction score
If John Cena was 'caught' you can't seriously believe they would suspend him, He is WWE's biggest draw and he is well protected. If they hurt his image then it would hurt the company.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It would hurt WWE more if they hid the result. Imagine the shit-storm to come if it was revealed that a year ago John Cena failed a drug test but WWE covered that up. They would be slaughtered in the media and would probably be investigated by congress again. If he did fail a result WWE would announce it but they don't need to worry as Cena wouldn't be dumb enough to be on the stuff.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It would hurt WWE more if they hid the result. Imagine the shit-storm to come if it was revealed that a year ago John Cena failed a drug test but WWE covered that up. They would be slaughtered in the media and would probably be investigated by congress again. If he did fail a result WWE would announce it but they don't need to worry as Cena wouldn't be dumb enough to be on the stuff.

While that's a logical assumption. How often do we see logic in the WWE decision making process.

Not to mention the scenario happened before.

It's plausible but not likely.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With someone like this it is more hope that WWE will indeed be truthful and honest about it. It would be suicide by WWE to cover someone like Cena or Orton failing a test. The only way I can think that they can get away with it is if they claim that the wrestler has a valid subscription and therefore the test isn't a failure.