Dark Side of the Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I hate how these producers are playing with my emotions. Kanyon's episode got to me pretty hard emotional, and then FMW is next week, which is cool to me.

Me too Deth. I had a Brother who passed away nearly a Year ago from an Accidental Drug Overdose and you think about how people thought how could he do this to himself but a person can act like they are happy and content and behind closed Doors they are completely lost. I was never a fan of Kanyon like that but I respected his skills in the Ring he was doing things I was seeing for the first time around the same time I started getting tapes with Wrestling outside of North America from Family and Friends. It sucks he never got the help he needed because he was afraid of what people thought everyday of his life. My Brother Luis is Gay and he came out to the Family the day of his Graduation from High School but we knew Years prior that he could be Gay and I look at Kanyon and I'm happy he did it so we can love him more and be there for him when he needs us. .

Mitchell is an Angel for real he was there through of all that chaos with Kanyon and kept helping him anyway he can. I do not like what Cena said granted anyone can tell you Kanyon wasn't The Rock, or Austin, but not everyone needs to be them in Wrestling to be considered worth a damn I feel. Funny he's says that after only been a top tier talent maybe a few Years at this point and he was Spoon fed that stardom because of his look and gimmick at the time because God knows in 2006ish he wasn't very good in the Ring at least to me. You would think they could of been more positive and helped built up his confidence rather than towing the WWE line at the time in that Interview. Mitchell said it perfectly if you have things going on in your life get help and talk to someone please do that guys.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Me too Deth. I had a Brother who passed away nearly a Year ago from an Accidental Drug Overdose and you think about how people thought how could he do this to himself but a person can act like they are happy and content and behind closed Doors they are completely lost. I was never a fan of Kanyon like that but I respected his skills in the Ring he was doing things I was seeing for the first time around the same time I started getting tapes with Wrestling outside of North America from Family and Friends. It sucks he never got the help he needed because he was afraid of what people thought everyday of his life. My Brother Luis is Gay and he came out to the Family the day of his Graduation from High School but we knew Years prior that he could be Gay and I look at Kanyon and I'm happy he did it so we can love him more and be there for him when he needs us. .

Mitchell is an Angel for real he was there through of all that chaos with Kanyon and kept helping him anyway he can. I do not like what Cena said granted anyone can tell you Kanyon wasn't The Rock, or Austin, but not everyone needs to be them in Wrestling to be considered worth a damn I feel. Funny he's says that after only been a top tier talent maybe a few Years at this point and he was Spoon fed that stardom because of his look and gimmick at the time because God knows in 2006ish he wasn't very good in the Ring at least to me. You would think they could of been more positive and helped built up his confidence rather than towing the WWE line at the time in that Interview. Mitchell said it perfectly if you have things going on in your life get help and talk to someone please do that guys.
Damn, I am sorry for your lost, and I had a feeling this would hit hard for me but not like it did. Him being conflicted about his sexuality, identity, and religion as well as fear of what others would think of him is something that hits right at home with me and even to this day does, minus the religion aspect. Honestly, speaking I was afraid to admit I was trans on here due to fear of some sort of stigma or hate I would get, and when I posted that picture of me my heart was beating out of my skin. So hearing Kanyon's problems and all really hit a nerve with me and made think about to a lot of things in my past that wasn't the best of the times, but I still carry those scars with me.

I won't say I was always a Kanyon fan, but I was a fan of him after watching older shows with him wrestling and all, and I liked how he was ahead of his time, both in the ring and out. So I gained respect for him and all, and now I consider him one of my favorites, like top 20 or so, because being ahead and all.

Micthell is exactly on money when he said that because if I had that advice earlier things would have been different then they are now.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Watching the Kanyon episode and I think Cena was trying to protect WWE because they were being accused of firing Kanyon for being gay. I still think it was a shitty thing to say, but the Ric Flair one was worse IMO. You can see in Kanyon's eyes how much that hurt. To me it puts into perspective how much your words can fuck with someone. Think about whatever job you have, and having someone you look up to say you weren't any good. Now think about being one of the rare people who can do something they really love, and having your hero say you weren't good enough. Really sad to see a person be so tortured in their own body.

Reactions: Rosie and Alexa

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Welcome to FMW people. I'm sure @Dethamine and I loved this but what did everyone else think about the Episode? I started watching FMW when Arai took over and you saw in this Episode he was too nice of a guy and he couldn't deal with the day to day operations within the Company. Onita loved Funk's style and he wanted to take that style of blood and guts and take up another level and man he did it every night. I'm happy to see them put FMW over and I'm like shit yeah their was the Yakuza and all the Management problems through it's history. Hayabusa I dearly loved and his injury hurt my soul for sure. Everytime I see that Video for him walking for the first time in Years I start to cry because it showed the will of the man till his final breathe in this World.

Reactions: Alexa

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Knew about FMW in the 90s when I tape traded, Hayabusa was the most underrated high flyer of all time imo.

Didn't really care for the shitty barbwire ropes because it was slow and the "explosions" always looked hokey, Mike Awesome was dope, Masata Tanaka was aces, the others like Mr Pogo I never liked and wondered if he was the promoters brother, otherwise why would anyone lust let this guy cut their arms up with that sickle

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I did get to check out the Plane Ride From Hell episode. I think it's quite hypocritical for any wrestlin' fan to go a long with this nonsense of cancellin' Ric Flair when they knew about the story of whippin' his dick prior to the episode. It's like you're just goin' along with status quo of how society is these days.

Reactions: Swamps and Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I did get to check out the Plane Ride From Hell episode. I think it's quite hypocritical for any wrestlin' fan to go a long with this nonsense of cancellin' Ric Flair when they knew about the story of whippin' his dick prior to the episode. It's like you're just goin' along with status quo of how society is these days.
Been saying that before the episode even aired.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

his_insanity

Banned
Reaction score
Knew about FMW in the 90s when I tape traded, Hayabusa was the most underrated high flyer of all time imo.

Didn't really care for the shitty barbwire ropes because it was slow and the "explosions" always looked hokey, Mike Awesome was dope, Masata Tanaka was aces, the others like Mr Pogo I never liked and wondered if he was the promoters brother, otherwise why would anyone lust let this guy cut their arms up with that sickle
You were trading tapes at 3 and 4 years old huh?

Gonna have to raise the bullshit flag

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
You were trading tapes at 3 and 4 years old huh?

Gonna have to raise the bullshit flag

It was founded in 1989. Me and Deezy are the same age, so that year we would have been 5. Around 1992 to 1993, I was trading tapes of wrestling with friends. So, it's very possible he was doing that. It wasn't uncommon to go to a flea market in those times and find tapes that had matches from all over the world. So why is it that hard to believe?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

They just want a like for being "White definition of Woke". Remember when "Stay Woke" actually meant something? I do.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It was founded in 1989. Me and Deezy are the same age, so that year we would have been 5. Around 1992 to 1993, I was trading tapes of wrestling with friends. So, it's very possible he was doing that. It wasn't uncommon to go to a flea market in those times and find tapes that had matches from all over the world. So why is it that hard to believe?
I discovered them in 93, I was 9.

I knew how to order stuff, this guy is just trying to make me look like a liar. Like I need to impress people on a forum. :TI:

his_insanity

Banned
Reaction score
I discovered them in 93, I was 9.

I knew how to order stuff, this guy is just trying to make me look like a liar. Like I need to impress people on a forum. :TI:
Facebook says that's a lie.
mmrhigherres.jpg

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Even the Facebook that I haven't checked in like 10 years has a false name and says I went to Havard.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler