Dark Side of the Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Well, I finally watched this and here are some of my thoughts:

First, Heidi. I feel for her. I really do. Nobody should have to deal with a drunk grabbing your shirt, threatening to lick you, and especially a 50+ naked drunk swinging his dick at you while you're trying to do your job. I can only imagine the trauma she still feels about it today from the flight. If it wasn't for the fact Ric Flair is this big legend, he would have got some punishment for it. As for Scott, he was more than likely out of it. It was a product of his demons. Still wrong, but I hope he feels bad about it now he's sobered up. I think he would even call himself on it if he knew he did it.

Two, at first, I was thinking "That's it?" for what Tommy Dreamer said when they first went over the Flair incident, but then I saw what people meant. Fucking hell what he said was ignorant as hell and pissed me off.

"It's a joke, it's a gag." Bullshit. The "joke" was taking a step way too far. You don't go hit someone's car with a baseball bat and get off any repercussions by saying "It is just a joke." I've had people in my life pick on me and use that BS excuse when they drive me to tears.

"Today, 1000 times inappropriate." Even then it was inappropriate, hun. Then he said his ponytail offended someone as a way to use that whole "Everyone's offended by something these days." line. Fuck you.

What happened on that plane very well could have been easily found as sexual harassment, or in Canadian tort law, an assault (Difference between that a criminal is while assault in crim is something physical, in tort it is an "intentional creating in the mind of another of a reasonable apprehension of immediate physical contact", Solomon et al. page 70) The physical contact? Being forced to touch a man's helicopter dick. I don't care if you never saw him do it before, that is not relevant to whether or not he did it at that time. Then he blamed her for suing. That's the type of shit that makes sexual assault victims, especially women, uncomfortable coming forward.

Ironically, I'm not calling him to get fired from Impact from this. But he needs to fucking learn that just because something was "acceptable at the time" does not always mean it is good. Hey, slavery was accepted at the time, right? Does it mean it was any good? FUCK NO!

Next, Jim Ross: I feel for you. You should not have to manage several grown men acting like drunk assholes. You could have done a better job handling it, and he admitted it himself, but jeez.

Finally, something to at least be a bit bright is that the wrestling industry, in the time since, has been improving. It still has a way to go with examples from the #SpeakingOut movement last year, and there are not as many crazy stories of everyone getting this drunk causing this much chaos and less drug use. I just hope we don't have to have another Plane Ride from Hell to improve.

Once again, fuck you, Tommy Dreamer.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I personally don't think he should be fired either, with an exception being if it seems to be what the impact locker room is for. Whether to save face or simply for morals, I'd can him if it was going to cause problems with other people in what seems to be a relatively healthy wrestling locker room (knock on wood) and I don't want Impact to upset the balance.

I don't think Impact will be hurt by the bad press if he's suspended for a bit and brought back later on backstage so I wouldn't fire over internet backlash, but I'd consider my own locker room's thoughts....but considering they're wrestlers who knows where they stand morally lol

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So.........when are we cancelling Ric Flair?

Or are you Flair marks going to "let him pass" on this one too?

A few years back I had the chance to meet Flair at the Wing Bowl in Philly and it would of been 2 A.M in the morning and I thought I love Flair but I'm I willing to fuck up my sleep to be a Zombie then and thus later work with my Dad nope and my Dad met him with a friend instead. I did get an autograph but my Dad and his friend were able to speak to him for a few mins before the Wing Bowl started that Year. Now hearing this news I don't know what to do think he doesn't deserve to be on TV till he comes clean with this and surely he won't or he would of done so a long time ago. Flair talking about Sting and how he only has Teeny boopers and how he wasn't in his league was one of the first memories I had as a kid and one of the things that grabbed me as a Wrestling fan and that is shattered today.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yo CarShield said they're dropping the Ric Flair commercials bc of this, there's positives after all :DEAD:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yo CarShield said they're dropping the Ric Flair commercials bc of this, there's positives after all :DEAD:
Best news I've heard today

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What the fuck is ROH gonna do that's the only sponsor they have I assume since it's the only set of commercials they show :slip:

• Haha

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Superbowl win with that one. I didn't bring up X-Pac cutting Michael Hayes Ponytail now that was funny even though in the back of my head I remember hearing from RVD of guys H-bombing ladies drinks and having their way with them disgusting.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Superbowl win with that one. I didn't bring up X-Pac cutting Michael Hayes Ponytail now that was funny even though in the back of my head I remember hearing from RVD of guys H-bombing ladies drinks and having their way with them disgusting.
His bestest buddy was accused of that.....never brings that up.

:hmm:

• Wow
Reactions: Apoho Creed

his_insanity

Banned
Reaction score
Good. I hope this episode banishes Flair to Outworld and we don't have to see him shambling out and embarrassing himself and taking up time doing his embarrassing "shtick" at 80 years old anymore.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Me a couple of weeks ago : Ric Flair wants to be released from his WWE contract where he's getting paid stupid money to sit home and do nothing so he can sell t-shirts and appear in car insurance commercials? That's odd...

Me today : ohhhhhhh.....

My guess is WWE didn't want any negative press, knowing the backlash that was coming and asked him to leave. It makes the most sense. At least now I can sleep easy knowing that he won't be coming to AEW. I know a lot of people are into him but (and I know I'm gonna get heat for this) to me he was just some idiot with a bowl cut whose only selling point was that he could give people chops and yell "woooo"....

his_insanity

Banned
Reaction score
Me a couple of weeks ago : Ric Flair wants to be released from his WWE contract where he's getting paid stupid money to sit home and do nothing so he can sell t-shirts and appear in car insurance commercials? That's odd...

Me today : ohhhhhhh.....

My guess is WWE didn't want any negative press, knowing the backlash that was coming and asked him to leave. It makes the most sense. At least now I can sleep easy knowing that he won't be coming to AEW. I know a lot of people are into him but (and I know I'm gonna get heat for this) to me he was just some idiot with a bowl cut whose only selling point was that he could give people chops and yell "woooo"....
Ric Flair did help define wrestling and is definitely on "Wrestling's Mount Rushmore" but that's if you only respect his work up until about 1995. Anything he's done in the 2000's with the exception of his retirement match with Shawn Michaels has been utter, embarrassing trash that taints his legacy. But that's Flair. He's selfish and *needs* to be doing his "Flair shtick" and acting like Ric Flair from 1985.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I'd been looking forward to the Plane Ride episode for months, more so than any other episode, because I assumed most of it would just be funny trash, but NOPE I wake up one day to Ric Flair trending and dive head first into an ugly rabbit hole. That was, indeed, a pretty miserable watch. I'd not even heard about Scott Hall trying to licking the poor woman's face and then Justin credible having to play Weekend at Bernie's with him at the airport. I sort of assumed wrestling's grosser locker room culture had been *mostly* killed off by 2002, guess I was naive.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm looking forward to the Chris Kanyon episode. Was always a huge fan of his and was disappointed when WWE fired him for being gay.

On top of that, they had him dress like Boy George to get his ass absolutely whooped on live television. Not right.

I'm also curious to see if the energy is the same when it comes to not only Ric Flair that'll come off looking bad here, but also John Cena.

Are all of y'all gonna come for him when he tried to say Kanyon sucked as a wrestler to defend him being fired for being gay? :mj

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I'm also curious to see if the energy is the same when it comes to not only Ric Flair that'll come off looking bad here, but also John Cena. Are all of y'all gonna come for him when he tried to say Kanyon sucked as a wrestler to defend him being fired for being gay? :mj
Yes, at least I will. Because it is fucked either way and not right. No one should take their life or even be fired simply of their sexuality and all. And anyone, who says Kanyon sucks as a wrestler can fuck themselves because the man in underratted.

On a side note, I know the Kanyon one next week will hit me hard as hell for a couple of reasons.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Yes, at least I will. Because it is fucked either way and not right. No one should take their life or even be fired simply of their sexuality and all. And anyone, who says Kanyon sucks as a wrestler can fuck themselves because the man in underratted.

On a side note, I know the Kanyon one next week will hit me hard as hell for a couple of reasons.

I actually never heard the story about Cena & Kanyon... but it definitely shines a whole other light on the whole Tyler Reks story too