Dark Side of the Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Watched the Nick Gage episode today, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I'm more invested in the independent scene and having watched Gage wrestle and experienced GCW/Deathmatches and all that before I watched it, just made me enjoy it even more to hear about it all. I'd already read a lot about him, but just such a really crazy episode seeing and hearing it all play out, and the stories

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Watched the Nick Gage episode today, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I'm more invested in the independent scene and having watched Gage wrestle and experienced GCW/Deathmatches and all that before I watched it, just made me enjoy it even more to hear about it all. I'd already read a lot about him, but just such a really crazy episode seeing and hearing it all play out, and the stories
If you can watch a lot of old CZW matches, and you get a better idea. I also love how you have become a Hardcore/Deathmatch fan slowly.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
If you can watch a lot of old CZW matches, and you get a better idea. I also love how you have become a Hardcore/Deathmatch fan slowly.
They are such crazy battles, and I have a lot of respect for how much they put their bodies through. It's insane. Like just seeing Cole Radrick lately after his GCW matches with all the scars really put in it to perspective especially

I'll for sure try to check out more of Gage's GZW work, I've been doing that with a lot of the wrestlers I've come to be more familiar with now, and just seeing what their older work was like too and how far a lot of them have come in their careers

• Love
Reactions: Alexa

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Speaking of that episode... Thumbtack Jack talked about THAT match while that season was going on.

Put subtitles on and give it a watch, it's quite interesting to hear his side of the whole thing.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
They are such crazy battles, and I have a lot of respect for how much they put their bodies through. It's insane. Like just seeing Cole Radrick lately after his GCW matches with all the scars really put in it to perspective especially

I'll for sure try to check out more of Gage's GZW work, I've been doing that with a lot of the wrestlers I've come to be more familiar with now, and just seeing what their older work was like too and how far a lot of them have come in their careers
One guy I will recommend you checking out is MASADA.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Can they do a Randy Savave and Stephanie episode?

Reactions: Swerve

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kevin Nash says Dark Side of the Ring is working on an episode focused on Scott Hall.

The one-year anniversary of Hall's death recently passed and Nash spent this week's Kliq This podcast speaking about his friend. During the conversation, Nash noted that Dark Side wants him, Sean Waltman, and Cody Hall to take part in the project.

Nash said:

Dark Side of the Ring, so, they want to do something and they want to involve me and they want to involve Sean Waltman, Cody [Hall], Cody's going to be involved and you and I had this conversation yesterday, you know the thing that we want to do is - we just did the misconceptions of Kevin Nash as an episode - just tell people who Scott really f***ing was and I just don't think that the A&E perspective is ever going to cover the post-traumatic stress of Scott and the shooting that happened at The Dollhouse on Orange Avenue.
There's a reason why so many of our warriors come back from combat and they take their lives because they've taken a life.
Scott's thing was always - because he was so highly religious - Scott would say, 'but you don't understand, I'm not going to go to heaven. I've broken one of the Ten Commandments, thou shalt not kill. I've killed, I'm not going to heaven, my soul will be in limbo.'

Hall fatally shot 37-year-old Rodney Perry Turner outside of The Dollhouse strip club on January 15, 1983. Turner was a manager at the bar where Hall worked as a bartender. The confrontation between the two began when Hall arrived at the bar and Turner confronted him about allegedly having slept with his wife. Turner had fatally shot another man due to a dispute involving his wife just months earlier. A struggle over Turner's.45-caliber handgun ensued and led to his death and Hall being charged with second-degree murder. The charges were later dropped, however.

In March 2022, Hall was taken to hospital after falling and breaking his hip. Following hip replacement surgery, he developed a blood clot that led to three heart attacks. The 63-year-old was taken off of life support on March 14, 2022. He is survived by his son Cody and daughter Cassidy.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Legit in the camp of looking forward to/not looking forward to watching a Scott Hall episode. Just can't imagine it being anything but depressing.

Reactions: Stephen90

Stephen90

Reaction score
Kevin Nash says Dark Side of the Ring is working on an episode focused on Scott Hall.

The one-year anniversary of Hall's death recently passed and Nash spent this week's Kliq This podcast speaking about his friend. During the conversation, Nash noted that Dark Side wants him, Sean Waltman, and Cody Hall to take part in the project.

Nash said:

Hall fatally shot 37-year-old Rodney Perry Turner outside of The Dollhouse strip club on January 15, 1983. Turner was a manager at the bar where Hall worked as a bartender. The confrontation between the two began when Hall arrived at the bar and Turner confronted him about allegedly having slept with his wife. Turner had fatally shot another man due to a dispute involving his wife just months earlier. A struggle over Turner's.45-caliber handgun ensued and led to his death and Hall being charged with second-degree murder. The charges were later dropped, however.

In March 2022, Hall was taken to hospital after falling and breaking his hip. Following hip replacement surgery, he developed a blood clot that led to three heart attacks. The 63-year-old was taken off of life support on March 14, 2022. He is survived by his son Cody and daughter Cassidy.

Gonna be some crazy depressing stuff

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dark-Side-of-the-Ring-2.jpeg

‘Dark Side of the Ring’ Season 4 Sets Premiere Date at Vice TV​

Dark Side of the Ring” Season 4 has set its premiere date at Vice TV.

The fourth season of the popular pro wrestling docuseries, which will consist of 10 episodes, will debut on May 30 at 10 p.m. ET.

“We’re incredibly grateful to our viewers for giving this show the life that it has had for the past 4 years,” said executive producers Evan Husney and Jason Eisener. “As lifelong fans of professional wrestling, our subjects continue to inspire us. There are so many fascinating and compelling stories left to tell and it’s a privilege to share more of them in our fourth season.”

“Dark Side of the Ring” is narrated by wrestling legend Chris Jericho. The official description of the fourth season states that it will “explore stories like the emotional rollercoaster of one of wrestling’s most captivating and controversial couples, Chris Candido and Tammy “Sunny” Sytch, the car accident that derailed the career of future World Champion Magnum T.A., wrestling’s most unhinged monster, Abdullah the Butcher, a focused look on the troubled life of Marty Jannetty, Shawn Michaels’ former tag team partner, and much more.”

“As the WWE sale works towards a close, Vice TV remains the leading chronicler of wrestling in America.” said Morgan Hertzan, president of Global TV for Vice Media Group. “I’m cheering from the ropes to announce the return of ‘Dark Side of the Ring,’ as proven this show and its spinoffs have been incredibly successful for the network and insightful to produce, now someone tag me in!”

“Dark Side of the Ring” is a Vice Studios production in partnership with Bell Media’s Crave. Husney is executive producer and writer for the series, while Eisener is executive producer. Hunsey and Eisener co-created the series. Vanessa Case and Guillermo Garcia executive produce for Vice Studios, while Lee Hoffman and Catherine Whyte executive produce for Vice TV.

“Dark Side of the Ring” remains Vice TV’s most watched series of all time. To that end, Vice has commissioned multiple spinoffs, including “Dark Side of Football,” “Dark Side of the 90’s,” and “Dark Side of Comedy.” Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson also executive produced the wrestling docuseries “Tales From the Territories” for Vice.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Eventually they’re going to have to dedicate an entire season to Vince and his stories