Darby Allin Reportedly Considered For AEW World Title Run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Darby winning the world title should happen at some point. Guy has become a legit star. I could see it at All In next year or even sooner depending where they go with the Bryan win (I still think Hangman walks out of All in Champion)
So you don't think Danielson winning. I get why as well. It always seems for anyways whomever gets the better of the other in terms of promos or hitting them a finisher say, they always lose. Danielson seemed to get the better of swerve. After watching the show it made me question Ospreay and MJF. I changed that outcome on my picks. I really want to put some money on draft kings for Ospreay after watching the match as they're seemingly equal.

I'd love Darby to win but at the minute I can't see it happening. Maybe next year after beating hangman as I think Danielson wins ( if I'm wrong I'm wrong) and then relinquish the title on dynamite or loses in a rematch to swerve , then Hangman cashes in which would his way of getting swerve back for the losses . I can't see it at All In as you want to give fans a feel good factor for Danielson in his last All In . Would be great if it happens as a heel giving over at the biggest ppv of the year in AEW for wouldn't feel right.

Last edited:

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
Darby feels like a lock for a winning the world title, sometime in the future. Not at this current time, but give it a year or so. Dude has that homegrown star face talent vibe and has been built superbly, hovering around the upper-main area. Don't know exactly how the reign would go, who he'd win it from or lose it to, but even if it's just a one-day reign it feels like it can, very likely, happen. Shrug. Darby beats MJF with a headlock takeover to win the big one, big celebration, pan up to the rafters and oh hey Sting's there and he's watching, isn't this a lovely feeling?

It'd be like an appendix explosion but good.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Darby feels like a lock for a winning the world title, sometime in the future. Not at this current time, but give it a year or so. Dude has that homegrown star face talent vibe and has been built superbly, hovering around the upper-main area. Don't know exactly how the reign would go, who he'd win it from or lose it to, but even if it's just a one-day reign it feels like it can, very likely, happen. Shrug. Darby beats MJF with a headlock takeover to win the big one, big celebration, pan up to the rafters and oh hey Sting's there and he's watching, isn't this a lovely feeling?

It'd be like an appendix explosion but good.
Yeah some wrestling sites are saying sting could be in the coffin against jack Perry. Would be pretty cool if that happens. I don't think it will though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
So you don't think Danielson winning. I get why as well. It always seems for anyways whomever gets the better of the other in terms of promos or hitting them a finisher say, they always lose. Danielson seemed to get the better of swerve. After watching the show it made me question Ospreay and MJF. I changed that outcome on my picks. I really want to put some money on draft kings for Ospreay after watching the match as they're seemingly equal.

I'd love Darby to win but at the minute I can't see it happening. Maybe next year after beating hangman as I think Danielson wins ( if I'm wrong I'm wrong) and then relinquish the title on dynamite or loses in a rematch to swerve , then Hangman cashes in which would his way of getting swerve back for the losses . I can't see it at All In as you want to give fans a feel good factor for Danielson in his last All In . Would be great if it happens as a heel giving over at the biggest ppv of the year in AEW for wouldn't feel right.

Oh I think Danielson wins... but he doesn't walk out as champion. It's a hunch but it's the option that's standing out to me. I don't think Danielson loses.

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Oh I think Danielson wins... but he doesn't walk out as champion. It's a hunch but it's the option that's standing out to me. I don't think Danielson loses.
That's a fair point. You reckon also that TK would book hangman to cash in straight away. Why though?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
That's a fair point. You reckon also that TK would book hangman to cash in straight away. Why though?
When the match was first mentioned, it was stated the title shot was any time any where. Plus we did see Killswitch do a cash in style title shot too. Plus it fits with some of the comments Hangman made in a recent interview

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
When the match was first mentioned, it was stated the title shot was any time any where. Plus we did see Killswitch do a cash in style title shot too. Plus it fits with some of the comments Hangman made in a recent interview
Yeah but at wembley taking the feel good factor away from fans in terms of Danielson losing it straight away would be pretty sad for me. But it's a real possibility tbh with him not being under contract now, he said on an interview this week.

Reactions: Roy Mustang