Danielson vs. Kaval - FCW 2/7/10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Who knows... maybe NXT will be a more indie/raw wrestling style show, who knows.
Still to me this match was 10 minutes of them shoving each other back and forth, a few spin kicks and a couple of interesting spots which I honestly couldn't see utilized in WWE. I suppose I understand why people like a guy like Danielson, I still personally don't find him to be all that incredible.

Great One

Well, to be honest, I'd put AJ Styles hands down FAR better and supreme than both of these guys as far as being an all-around amazing in-ring performer goes. Hell, I would think the WWE would be drooling at the thought of signing AJ (I mean he might not make it to the top but he'd be an amazing title contender), and I can't believe he speaks so negatively of the WWE considering the amount TNA has shafted his character and put him through some Blue ass shit (you would have to believe he would have a say in it, to be somewhat responsible for these things). But I think they're good [Danielson and Kaval] and I respect their work, and I personally don't see many coming out and saying ZOMG DANIELSON DA BEST, really (anymore, at least). That title is usually held by the HBKs, Angles, and Y2Js, who SHOULD claim it.

Reaction score
^^^ I dunno, brotha. I beg to differ about AJ. He's a nice talent, but I just can't put him over Dragon or Ki or any of the other RoH alumni. It's more than fair to place him on the same level, but I just don't think he is hands down better than any of those guys. And this isn't aimed at you in anyway but AJ is really over rated to me on these boards. To me, he's just another spot monkey and he really can't work a straight forward match like an HBK or Angle or Jericho, the people whom some are touting him as the next incarnation of mainly because he's been and is a world champ in a slightly larger promotion. He's nice, very nice, but so is Low Ki, Joe, Daniels, Nigel and certainly Dragon, and love or hate the guy, he has probably made more money than AJ with all the globe trotting he has done over the past five years working in so many companies.

So in a sense, outside the WWE realm, with all the bookings and high demand for the guy all over the world, Danielson really can claim he is the best in world, because he is the wrestler outside of the E that is in the highest demand, has had certifiably great matches here, in Mexico, Japan, all across Europe and so forth. I'm not saying he is, but of all the people, a man who has had the global exposure that Dragon has had can make that claim over a guy who basically wrestles in one city about twice a month. And of course wrestling is entirely subjective, no one is right or wrong with whom entertains them, but to me I'll take Dragon and his unique style of wrestling, and his ability to go out have classics in other styles with dudes like Necro Butcher to El Generico, which to me places him closer to being the next Angle or HBK than that of AJ who relys almost exclusively on his high spots to get over, which is what all the X dudes do anyways. I don't even think AJ is better than Evan Bourne. AJ's best matches have been with people who are exceptional workers and to be the next HBK or Angle you certainly have to have the talent to carry people to good matches, and Dragon has that ability ten fold over AJ or any of the other RoH alumni with Joe and Punk maybe being the possible exceptions.

I hope people don't misconstrue this as me bashing AJ or TNA, I'm just saying Dragon certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he certainly is a breath of fresh air on an indy circuit that is polluted with AJ-esque wrestlers and a style that is overly saturated with high spots and overly contrived moves, plus he is a student of the game. He can fly. He can brawl. He can talk, he can get heel heat, he can be a blue chipper. If you've watched the guy over the years, you've seen him do it all. He does the scientific mat based work because it makes him unique, but what makes him so much more valuable as a commodity is his versatility. Just like people didn't think Punk could adapt, and trust me, if you don't care for Dragon's style now, you wouldn't have cared much more for Punk in his indy days, Dragon is even more savvy than Punk.Dragon will be able to conform to the WWE style just as well and will undoubtedly entertaining if given the chance. As for Ki, he's always been fuckin awesome to me, like a minature Tajiri and the ghetto stomp...excuse me...warriors way, will be the next big move in the E.

Axis

To say that the WWE is more psychology-based than Bryan Danielson is laughable. Aside from Shawn Michaels, Triple H, the Undertaker, Chris Jericho, and MAYBE John Cena, Danielson can tell a better in-ring story than anybody on the WWE roster.

Great One

Idk, I personally think AJ tells a damn good story in the ring (when he was face). He's improved a lot and yeah he has aerial moves, but I just don't see him as a traditional 'spot-monkey' type guy. He seems to also represent A LOT of psychology, and his matches with Angle especially brought that out (however I agree on those matches being played out). That's true about Danielson, I kinda forgot how versatile the guy is, but meh, I'm curious to see more of him in the WWE.

xtremebadass

As good as some people may believe Danielson is. There is no way WWE will ever let him be the great wrestler he may be. WWE will tone him down and limit his moveset completely. I too wasn't impressed with his match with Kaval. Sure it was a great match but nowhere near all the hype that has been put on Danielson. I am sure he is a great wrestler but that will not be displayed whenever he may be called up to the roster.

Reaction score
The thing is Danielson has the Benoit-esque tools. He can modify his mat technique, hit a few suplexs, some chops, the flying head but and the cattle mutilation and with his selling ability and his supreme grasp of psychology, he can have a nice WWE career.

Qwake

You really can't judge Danielson or Kaval on that match, I didn't watch it but seriously, that's an FCW match, they really won't get to show themselves there. If you watch some of their indy stuff then you will see there true skill and potential imo. While I do like both Danielson and Kaval, I think Danielson's future looks brighter just because he can speak, although a good gimmick for Kaval where he doesn't really have to speak could still do well for him.

noumenon

In ring wise I prefer Kaval/Senshi/whatever the fuck his other name was... however I just remember his corny ass voice on the mic and I cringe thinking of being subjected to that. The ridiculous ninja stance throughout the match is a bit much as well..lol

MizMasta3000

Kaval's voice doesn't match his body at all. The guy's voice is deep as hell and that can overwhelming. He might have to be like Amazing Red have a spokesperson.

Reaction score
^^^ Speaking of those two dudes, that was the very first RoH match I ever saw in 2002 and it turned me on to that product. Wanna see Red not botch a move? Go catch that classic. Road to the Tile 2002.

Axis

Danielson's greatness is not dependent on his moveset. To claim that he can't be great because his moveset will be limited is completely missing the point of why he's so awesome.

MizMasta3000

^^^ Speaking of those two dudes, that was the very first RoH match I ever saw in 2002 and it turned me on to that product. Wanna see Red not botch a move? Go catch that classic. Road to the Tile 2002.

Quality match :y:

straight_edge76

That match was boring as hell imo. Danielson is boring imo, he is wayyy to overrated by the IWC. I found myself constantly looking at XBA's Cena gif throughout the match.