Daniel Craig signs on for two more Bond films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
DANIEL Craig will become the highest-paid James Bond actor after signing on for two more films as the famous British spy.

Craig, 44, who is in Australia driving the release of Skyfall - his latest outing as 007 - will be paid $48 million to star in two more titles of the 50-year-old franchise, London's Sunday Times reports.

As Skyfall continues to prove itself a box office scorcher around the globe, plans are under way for a 2014 release of the next 007 instalment, followed in 2016 by Craig's fifth turn in the tuxedo.

No surprise that they have signed him up for two more films after the roaring success of this film. Good salary for Craig as well and it is nice seeing the actor actually getting a decent cut of the increase in revenue. I am just glad that they have settled on Craig and this will take him to five films which puts him just behind Connery with 6 and Moore with 7.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Glad he's sticking around besides Pierce Bronson he's the only Bond I liked but that's more out of the current stuff I don't watch a lot of the old stuff technology spoils me.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This is pretty awesome. I just watched Quantom of Solace. Pretty good flick. And all I've been hearing is good things about his performance.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Good news, he's been great so far and his 3 Bond movies have been 3 of the best Bond movies and Skyfall is probably the very best Bond movie ever made.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I believe that they are working on a script already for Bond 24. John Logan was one of three writers for Skyfall and he will be writing this one solo. It should be released late 2014, so basically a two year wait which is better than the four year gap that we had to wait for Skyfall. They are trying to get Sam Mendes back to direct as well which will be a big deal if they can get him back as well.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If he's only the highest paid Bond actor because of inflation then I won't take that seriously. It's kind of hard to believe that these new Bond films will effect generations like the one's Connery did or others.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seeing as two out of three of Daniel Craig movies are being heralded as the best of the franchise, it was a no-brainer that he was going to get locked in for a few more movies.

Haven't seen Skyfall yet, hear nmothing but positive reviews about it, so I'm actually going to watch it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Good news he is up there in the Connery/Dalton bracket as one of the best Bond's to date and has become well liked in the role.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he's only the highest paid Bond actor because of inflation then I won't take that seriously. It's kind of hard to believe that these new Bond films will effect generations like the one's Connery did or others.

I think that he will still be the highest even after inflation is taken into account but I think that is more to do with the fact that the money spent on movies these days is just obscene.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think that he will still be the highest even after inflation is taken into account but I think that is more to do with the fact that the money spent on movies these days is just obscene.

Not to mention the price of advertising movies. People in high budget movies have to travel everywhere to promote it.

Most times the cost of advertising is significantly more than making the movie.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Not to mention that Bond is now an established franchise that gets ridiculous amounts of money to be made, the first few movies were made on a shoestring budget.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not to mention the price of advertising movies. People in high budget movies have to travel everywhere to promote it.

Most times the cost of advertising is significantly more than making the movie.

True there is a lot more involved with promoting a movie these days and as you said normally the promotional budget is the same or even more than the production budget.

Bond are quite smart with promotional plugs though, the deal with Heineken that featured the drink in the movie got them around £28million. They do quite a few of those deals and it offsets most of the budget.