Daniel Bryan Pulled From European Tour?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
According to Alvarez, the reasons for pulling Bryan from the rest of the tour have to do with a concussion he suffered at the hands of Sheamus rather than his previous elbow and neck problems:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-suffered-concussion-before-wwe-european-tour

"The big news today is what's going on with Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan has been removed from the WWE European tour, which, of course, has a lot of people concerned [about] what's going on with him, is it his neck, is it his elbow. I've been told that the situation with Daniel Bryan is that he suffered a concussion. I don't know what the status of his neck is or his elbow, that may still be a problem, but the big issue on the tour was a concussion that he suffered and it was in fact, for those of you who saw the Smackdown show where Sheamus came out and gave him a beating, we actually talked about this on the program, there had been some heat on Sheamus for, I don't know if being careless is the best word, but he did give Daniel Bryan a beating and apparently Daniel Bryan suffered a concussion in that beating, so I guess that's the situation. I presume there has to be a little more to the story because if Daniel Bryan got a concussion he shouldn't have being doing anything on the shows and they did put him in some tag team matches, some six-man matches, he was in the ring, so I don't know if he maybe got cleared, maybe after suffering the concussion they cleared him, but he was still suffering symptoms. I don't know exactly what the story was, but all of the issues did stem from that situation there with Sheamus and Sheamus' return so far [has been] one problem after another."

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Good. hopefully this means Sheamus' planned push is decelerated and DZ goes over at ER!

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ah, good news! I'm so glad it's not the neck/elbow problems.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Thank god it wasn't an elbow problem, just his brain getting scrambled!

It can't be anything too serious in Bryan's case, I would think...
At this point, him being put on the shelf for like a week or two is a much lesser evil than him being put on the shelf for 6-12 months for neck/elbow issues. But hey, dafuq do I know.
I'd like to think everything's okay and he'll be back pretty soon. [HASHTAG]#TeamOptimism[/HASHTAG]

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It can't be anything too serious in Bryan's case, I would think...
At this point, him being put on the shelf for like a week or two is a much lesser evil than him being put on the shelf for 6-12 months for neck/elbow issues. But hey, dafuq do I know.
I'd like to think everything's okay and he'll be back pretty soon. [HASHTAG]#TeamOptimism[/HASHTAG]
Nah, we know what elbow injuries do, what causes them and how to treat them. Much lesser of two evils compared to concussions, which we are still trying to learn about the long term effects which I can assure you are much more worrisome than growing old with a sore elbow.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Nah, we know what elbow injuries do, what causes them and how to treat them. Much lesser of two evils compared to concussions, which we are still trying to learn about the long term effects which I can assure you are much more worrisome than growing old with a sore elbow.
Wait, is this concussion from when Bryan was bleeding pretty badly on Smackdown that time when he fought Sheamus after WM31?

I remember seeing a photo of Bryan half-dying outside of the ring apparently after he fought Sheamus, and I'm not sure if they met again after that (mainly because I don't give a fuck about WWE right now aside from Neville)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Latest On Daniel Bryan's Condition, Bryan Reportedly Did Not Suffer Concussion

As we first reported earlier this week, Daniel Bryan was sent home from the WWE European tour after last Tuesday's SmackDown taping in London. WWE sent us a statement, noting that Bryan was pulled from the tour "as a precautionary measure."

Dave Meltzer reported on F4WOnline.com last week that people on the tour said that Bryan suffered a concussion during his match with Sheamus on Smackdown a couple of weeks ago. Ever since that match, Bryan has only been working tag team matches even though he was booked for singles matches against Bad News Barrett on the tour.

See also: Daniel Bryan's Recent Comments Regarding His Injury, Doctors Not Knowing What Was Wrong, Recovery

Meltzer noted on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that even though he was told that Bryan suffered a concussion, WWE is saying that it is not the case. WWE is not saying what the issue is "other than that he's banged up."

Source

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It's likely that he was concussed, but sent his a** out anyway so he wouldn't miss anymore dates.
WWE rolls like that, but threw out that bullsh*t 'precautionary measure' to protect themselves.
The sooner we all accept that McMahon doesn't care about the health of his workers, the sooner everything else will be disclosed.
Edge was one bump away from a wheelchair, Angle's neck was held together by duct tape, Eddie wrestled with a bum ticker and Benoit wrestled with the brain of an 85 year old.

The medical staff at WWE is a joke with the integrity of tin foil. You pretty much have to be crippled for Vince to be legitimately concerned about your well being.... like one bump away from drooling at the mouth.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan Update From WWE

We noted last night that Michael Cole and JBL mentioned on RAW how Bad News Barrett vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan at Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view was in jeopardy due to Bryan's ongoing health issues.

WWE's website has updated their official match preview for Sunday and it notes that Bryan is undergoing "diagnostic testing" to see if he's able to perform. They wrote the following:

Daniel Bryan rose above six other Superstars to capture his first Intercontinental Championship in a Ladder Match at WrestleMania. However, if the ever-popular "Yes!" Man hopes to hold onto the title, he'll have to get past the Superstar who lost the championship that day, Bad News Barrett, at Extreme Rules. Bryan is undergoing diagnostic testing to see if he can defend his title at Extreme Rules.

Source

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan Reportedly Injured At WWE Live Event, Backstage News On His Status

Regarding why WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan was sent home from the recent WWE European tour, a WWE source stated to PWInsider that Bryan is indeed injured.

Bryan reportedly suffered an injury on April 9th at a WWE live event in Dublin, Ireland as he teamed with Dolph Ziggler and Erick Rowan to defeat Sheamus, Bray Wyatt and Bad News Barrett. We're not exactly sure what happened to him but there was an injury in that match that got him sent home.

When Bryan was first sent home, WWE officials expected him to be out of the ring for about a month. No word yet if that time-frame has changed but there's a chance they change Sunday's Extreme Rules match against Barrett.

Source

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan needs ddp yoga and he would feel a 1000 better.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Gotta say Bryan did a great job on working hurt on the last SD (didn't watch the show, just the ME because I was told about this). He took one back bump the whole match, and that was like a school boy or something lol

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan has apparently been pulled from the rest of the current WWE European tour. The most recent advertising for the rest of the tour has Bryan removed from the remaining shows.

We noted earlier this week that Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that Bryan has been working hurt. Bryan has been competing mostly in six-man matches, and has only worked two singles matches since winning the Intercontinental title at WrestleMania 31 earlier this month. He hasn't wrestled on RAW the past two weeks.

Bryan did work last night's SmackDown taping in London, teaming with John Cena. We hope to have more shortly.

Source
Get rid of the 'Jesus' look; get a shave and haircut, you twit!