Daniel Bryan cleared to compete

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
So glad all the hard work finally paid off for Bryan, and I'm now officially hyped as fuck for SD tonight. :)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_m9u3nmfmVK1qmmpea.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I am honestly in shock...in a good way of course...

general-grievous-gif-5.gif

Congratulations Bryan...we all know how much wrestling means to you.

On a side note...can we get Jeff Jarrett as the new GM of SmackDown after Wrestlemania?
&
Does this mean we will eventually see some Brie Mode in the SmackDown women's division?

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Why in the world did they announce his return in advance?

That could have been one of the most epic surprise comebacks ever. And at Wrestlemania no less.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I honestly think it was smarter to announce this on twitter first, fans love Bryan to death so even though the pop would've likely been insane, it's not like knowing about it beforehand did much to change the crowd's enthusiasm. They still managed to create an active impression on the show, I loved that moment where everyone in the audience pointed to the WrestleMania sign when Bryan began pondering when he's return should happen. I also appreciated the "Thank you Brie" chants, and I'm sure he did too. It makes way more sense for the to use the power of social media, to generate loads of hype and anticipation for Smackdown Live. Plus, the story-teller in me loves the symmetry displayed here because I don't know if you remember, but his retirement was announced ahead of time on twitter too.

For me, this all seemed like a foregone conclusion with how much his presence dominated in the main angle of Smackdown Live, including even giving him something of a bump at Clash of Champions. Not to mention, pretty much all the time I've spent hearing Bryan talk about his condition, it seemed unreasonable that he wouldn't be cleared by WWE eventually. But regardless, I'm still stoked that it happened, there's always a chance for things to go wrong after all. Wish his return match was something I actually cared about but regardless, the potential match-ups for Daniel Bryan after this are pretty exciting.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Crash

Reaction score
I am honestly in shock...in a good way of course...

general-grievous-gif-5.gif

Congratulations Bryan...we all know how much wrestling means to you.

On a side note...can we get Jeff Jarrett as the new GM of SmackDown after Wrestlemania?
&
Does this mean we will eventually see some Brie Mode in the SmackDown women's division?
Remember when I called it in january Grievous.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
This is brilliant, I thought it would never happen, but there you go. Bryan vs Styles, Bryan vs Nakamura, Bryan vs Miz, all this shit could happen, and I can't wait for it. I wish they'd done it on Smackdown though, would've got a huge pop, but whatever, I'm really excited to see what he does for the rest of his WWE tenure. I hope he stays at least for a few more years, so we can have some real dream matches. And, just a little note, Shawn Michaels was around the same age when he returned in 2002, and he did a lot of his best work in the next 8 years, so hopefully the same goes for Bryan

Crash

Reaction score
I don't mean to brag but for the record, I called it first. B)

7nSvX5U.png