Daniel Bryan at 205

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Daniel Bryan may start wrestling at 205 in the cruiserweights division. How do yoy feel about this? I must say Daniel Bryan is one of WWE's biggest stars. Easily in the top 5, maybe even 3. He had one of the best matches of 2018 (Lesnar at Survivor Series) and 2019 as well (Kofi at Wrestlemania). I think he could elevate the divison out of pre show purgatory. But would his talents be wasted and more needed on the main roster? Maybe since Eric Bischoff is running Smackdown Live we could see a new era of the cruiserweight division under his watch?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The main roster has so much talent that they can afford to lose a great talent like Bryan. I would actually watch 205 if Bryan is on it

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Sounds like a stupid move, a waste of potential.. it's not like they'll give a shit about the 205 division because Bryan is there.

There's only so much the talent can do, WWE has to elevate the division. They don't even promote it on Smackdown and it airs right after.

Reactions: Snowman1

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sounds like a stupid move, a waste of potential.. it's not like they'll give a shit about the 205 division because Bryan is there.

There's only so much the talent can do, WWE has to elevate the division. They don't even promote it on Smackdown and it airs right after.
No I'm pretty sure they would care. Daniel Bryan is amazing and they know he is. If they are incorporating 205 on Wednesday nights then you bet your bottom dollar they are going to care.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score

Thats fair. I feel like Bryan was doing well at elevating the tag division.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2

Thats true, but consider this, there is another rumor going around aswell that WWE will merge 205 live into NXT, an when you remember that NXT is coming to Fox/FS1 it all starts to make sense why they would do this.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Thats true, but consider this, there is another rumor going around aswell that WWE will merge 205 live into NXT, an when you remember that NXT is coming to Fox/FS1 it all starts to make sense why they would do this.

If Fox picked up an NXT/205 live show and made it 2 hours on Wednesday night. Same time as AEW. That would be tight. Be interesting to see if AEW could keep up with that.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I don't see how aew could compete with a live nxt show. They really have to pump out some fantastic content to even match it.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
If Fox picked up an NXT/205 live show and made it 2 hours on Wednesday night. Same time as AEW. That would be tight. Be interesting to see if AEW could keep up with that.
Oh definately. And i think its a good sign that AEWs mindset is "We arent gonna focus on WWE, we need to focus on ourselves," meanwhile WWE sees this as a war, they dont even wanna give AEW a chance, and now they wanna syphon viewers away from AEW, and what better way then put the 205 live roster and daniel bryan on NXT and have that go head to head?

I don't see how aew could compete with a live nxt show. They really have to pump out some fantastic content to even match it.
I think they can, right now they are very early on, so i dont see it happening for awhile, like i said above they know they got alot of work to do and they are focusing on themselves, they know they cant compete and they arent trying to, WWE sees things differently.

Regardless Wednesdays are gonna get really fun in October, thats for sure, what a time to be a wrestling fan.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Oh definately. And i think its a good sign that AEWs mindset is "We arent gonna focus on WWE, we need to focus on ourselves," meanwhile WWE sees this as a war, they dont even wanna give AEW a chance, and now they wanna syphon viewers away from AEW, and what better way then put the 205 live roster and daniel bryan on NXT and have that go head to head?

I think they can, right now they are very early on, so i dont see it happening for awhile, like i said above they know they got alot of work to do and they are focusing on themselves, they know they cant compete and they arent trying to, WWE sees things differently.

Regardless Wednesdays are gonna get really fun in October, thats for sure, what a time to be a wrestling fan.

Honestly the real war is NXT vs AEW. Besides Moxley, Jericho, Cody and maybe Young Bucks and Omega, the AEW roster would all be NXT guys if they signed a contract with WWE. And then ill bet the smaller guys would end up competing on 205 live. I would love to see what Triple H could do in a competitive environment like that.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Time for Triple H to shine. Let's see if this guy has the credentials. A Wednesday night love show with the likes of Daniel Bryan. This could be very exciting indeed.

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Honestly the real war is NXT vs AEW. Besides Moxley, Jericho, Cody and maybe Young Bucks and Omega, the AEW roster would all be NXT guys if they signed a contract with WWE. And then ill bet the smaller guys would end up competing on 205 live. I would love to see what Triple H could do in a competitive environment like that.
Oh definately, honestly i cant wait to see how its gonna unfold anyway, i absolutely love the idea of NXT vs AEW, NXT is already great/amazing, imagine AEW being great enough to make NXT even better? and both shows push eachother to be the best.

October cant come soon enough.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
This could be interesting especially if you think about the matches that could happen.