Dana White: "Lesnar Would SMASH Fedor"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

LATimes

“CBS would be out of their mind to put that rinky-dink [Strikeforce] . . . on the air again … and without that backing, [promoters] won’t have the money to pay [Emelianenko]. The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers? It’s time to bring [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head.â€￾

Quintastic One

Reaction score
As much as I truly believe Lesnar is going to maul Cain Velasquez, I gotta say, I think Lesnar needs to actually defend that title against his current opponent before we start talking about him smashing Fedor.

We know Fedors a pussy anyway, that's why he'll never sign.

phantomgerald

It's a smart ploy to make Fedor want to prove Dana wrong and finally sign.

kingaviles

Reaction score
It's amazing how hype can make someone seem like the greatest fighter ever. Honestly, what reputable fighters has Fedor fought? Nogueira was really his only top-of-the-line fighter he's fought. He can smash on all the nobodies he wants, until he comes to the UFC and fights some real professionals, he doesn't have my respect. Sure, he beat Arvloski and Sylvia. Two ex-UFC champs who are way past their prime. And Dana should be careful hyping up Lesnar so much, because he's nothing reaaallll special either. His stand-up is pretty shaky.

Reaction score
I dont know man...I love Brock and have followed him since he made my dreams come true by annihilating 'Team Extr3me' back in 2002 (God that was so awesome!), but this Fedor guy's a freak. For looking the way he does, he can strike really, really quick. I was surprised in that Rogers fight. That being said, Rogers did very good.

But yeah, I do want to see Brock hammer punch Fedor's face into ravioli, lol

Reaction score
It's amazing how hype can make someone seem like the greatest fighter ever. Honestly, what reputable fighters has Fedor fought? Nogueira was really his only top-of-the-line fighter he's fought. He can smash on all the nobodies he wants, until he comes to the UFC and fights some real professionals, he doesn't have my respect.
So Nog, Heath Herring, Renato Sobral, Mark Coleman, Mark Hunt, Matt Lindland, Mirko CroCop, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, and Kevin Randleman aren't real professionals? Are you implying they are all a bunch of bums? You want to talk about hype, it's completely obvious that you are one of those people that thinks if it didn't happen in the UFC then it doesn't mean anything. That is buying into hype. Anyone that says Fedor is just hype knows NOTHING about MMA. I can understand criticizing him for not going to the UFC now and not fighting Brock Lesnar, but to suggest that he hasn't had an amazing career and isn't one of, if not the greatest fighter ever is just insane.

Sure, he beat Arvloski and Sylvia. Two ex-UFC champs who are way past their prime.
They might not have been in the very prime of their careers, but they were still damn good fighters when they fought Fedor. Sylvia had just fought for the UFC heavyweight title five months before he fought Fedor, and was the heavyweight champ just one year before he fought Fedor. Arlovski was still one of the highest ranked heavyweights in the UFC when he left in 2008.

And Dana should be careful hyping up Lesnar so much, because he's nothing reaaallll special either. His stand-up is pretty shaky.
I'm not quite sure what you are basing this on. We haven't seen Brock in the stand up enough to really know how good he is, although the one fight he did have that wasn't fought mostly on the ground ended with Brock Lesnar knocking out Randy Couture.

kingaviles

Reaction score
^^^ I didn't say those guys were real professionals, I just wouldn't say that someone who beat them is 'the best fighter in the world'. They're all very skilled, but that's a real big statement to say about someone.

About the hype on Brock's stand up, the last fight he had against Mir, he was rocked on his feet. Then he took Mir down and put his weight on him, and the rest was history. He's an exciting fighter, definitely, but after 3-4 fights, two of them against Mir, can we honestly call him the best the UFC has to offer?

I'm not trashing either guy. However, there used to be a guy named 'Kimbo Slice' who went around bashing people's heads in. When he was put up against the big dogs, they put him down...

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Tim Sylvia aren't real professionals?

roflmao.

Reaction score
^^^ I didn't say those guys were real professionals, I just wouldn't say that someone who beat them is 'the best fighter in the world'. They're all very skilled, but that's a real big statement to say about someone.
Then who would you say is the greatest heavyweight of all time? I don’t see how anyone other than Fedor can be called the greatest heavyweight of all time. I’m not saying greatest P4P because I’m really not a fan of trying to determine P4P rankings, but I would call him the greatest heavyweight of all time. He’s fought some of the most respected heavyweights there are over the last 10 years and has only been defeated once, and it was because of a cut. He’s faced every style there is, all different sizes, he’s dominated fights, he’s faced adversity like in his fight against Randleman, but in the end he always finds a way to win. There is not a single heavyweight out there that boasts the career resume that Fedor does. So again, my question to you is who do you believe the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time is, and why.

About the hype on Brock's stand up, the last fight he had against Mir, he was rocked on his feet. Then he took Mir down and put his weight on him, and the rest was history.
I wouldn’t say he really got rocked as it didn’t do very much damage. It didn’t last very long either as Brock got a quick takedown, which is why I still am taking the stance that we haven’t seen Brock on his feet long enough to truly know how good he is.

He's an exciting fighter, definitely, but after 3-4 fights, two of them against Mir, can we honestly call him the best the UFC has to offer?
I still have questions about Lesnar, but after his fight with Mir I do believe he is currently the best heavyweight in the UFC. Right now I don’t see anyone that can give Lesnar a real run for his money if he continues to fight the way he did in the second Mir fight. He showed in the fight that not only does he have the size and strength advantage, but he’s smart enough to know how to use it to completely overmatch his opponent.

I'm not trashing either guy. However, there used to be a guy named 'Kimbo Slice' who went around bashing people's heads in. When he was put up against the big dogs, they put him down...
This is probably the worst example I have ever seen, for anything. Are you really comparing Kimbo Slice to Brock Lesnar or Fedor? Kimbo beat up guys in backyards and posted it on YouTube. Fedor and Brock have both beaten some of the most respected heavyweights of all time. Just a horrible example.

Tim Sylvia aren't real professionals?

roflmao.
I’m not really sure what you are trying to say here? Are you laughing at the idea of Sylvia being a damn good fighter? Because I’d say his record would prove that he’s been one of the best heavyweights over the years.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score

I’m not really sure what you are trying to say here? Are you laughing at the idea of Sylvia being a damn good fighter? Because I’d say his record would prove that he’s been one of the best heavyweights over the years.

Back in like what, 2000? He's a fat piece of shit now, and a discrace to the sport. Hell, him being a gatekeeper would be pushing it.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
^ Agreed. I have not seen Sylvia win a match in years.

Fedor doesn't want to end up like Cro Cop, that's why he won't sign.

kingaviles

Reaction score
My Kimbo slice example wasn't comparing him to Fedor or Brock, just a statement of what over-hyping a fighter does. Kimbo was supposed to be an amazing fighter...he demolished guys on the street and the media/MMA hyped him up to be some kind of monster. But when he finally faces a professional fighter, someone who has actually trained, he gets knocked out. He was all hype.

My point is, Fedor has fought a bunch of guys, but there are question marks in his opponents. He's fought nobodies, guys who are in their final years, etc. I would like to see how he fares in a match where all the best mixed martial artists go, and that is undoubtedly the UFC. Do you agree that the UFC has the top talent in the sport? Because IMO, until he fights there, he's not proving much to me by beating guys who aren't good enough to be in the UFC or guys who aren't good enough to be in the UFC anymore.

Also, the question about being the best heavyweight fighter of all time is tough to answer.

Personally, this is just me, but I have never been able to say anyone has been the 'best ever' at any particular thing.. I believe that there are guys who dominate certain era's, but it would be impossible to name the 'best ever'.

Let me make an example outside of sports. Jimi Hendrix was the most iconic and revolutionary guitarists ever..but he is not the best. Certainly, he was the best in HIS time, but nowadays, he is overmatched.

I can't pick any one person and say they are the greatest of all time in their profession. It's impossible to make a statement like that.

xtremebadass

We saw how size favored Rogers in the fight, Brock is bigger than Rogers plus he has like 10x more skills than Rogers. He has KO power and wrestling, that can destroy Fedor.

Wrestling Station

We saw how size favored Rogers in the fight, Brock is bigger than Rogers plus he has like 10x more skills than Rogers. He has KO power and wrestling, that can destroy Fedor.
Kudos.

Fedor is a good fighter, but Lesnar has his number imo and I dont see it last more than two rounds with a TKO or KO for Lesnar. (Lesnar improved his skills now more than his last fight with Mir, so just imagine!)