Dan Hardy Ready To Return To Old Ways, Blames Over Training For Setbacks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"I’ve got the anger back that I used to have when I was at Cage Warriors, which is a good place to be because that’s when I enjoyed hurting people. I spent my whole career trying to get to the UFC, but then a lot of changes in my life, personal things and the media attention – it distracted me from being a mixed martial artist. I’ve never put the time aside to get back to that place. I’ve made alterations, but I’ve never completely changed my training camp. After the losses to GSP and [Carlos] Condit, I was too eager to get back in there and get a win. I over-trained big time, the last two fights don’t even look like me. I can see it in the expression in my face, the [Anthony] Johnson fight and [Chris] Lytle fight, I was exhausted before I even stepped in the cage. I was not in a good situation, I was ready to fight Lytle three weeks too early – I was exhausted. Now I’ve got a system where the coaches take all responsibility away from me, all I have to do is show up to the gym." – Via Espn.Co.UK

A lot of things change for a man when they start winning in the UFC. Money, fame, media obligations all grab a hold of a popular fighter and work as a distraction to what actually got them to the big show.

For Dan Hardy his brash, trash talking persona elevated him from virtual unknown to a household name in a very short period of time. That apparently is part of the blame to his recent lack of success in the cage.

He better hope the "fire" is back, or he'll be sent packing with a lose here just can't see the UFC holding on to him if he loses 5 straight fights, maybe he could be sent to Stikeforce but even that doesn't seem all to likely to me.

Ben

Reaction score
If he looses again he needs to be cut, just because he goes out there and "Brings It" doesn't mean that he should be kept around, cause he's just a one dimensional fighter.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Should've been cut a long time ago to be fair, so a lose here pretty much will be the end of his UFC career.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
A loss guarantees his end in UFC. He could come back later but he'll be cut if he loses again. The only reason he still around is cause he is a name in England.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
A loss guarantees his end in UFC. He could come back later but he'll be cut if he loses again. The only reason he still around is cause he is a name in England.

I don't even think that's an option really, guy just doesn't have the ability to win a fight.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Theres a lot of fights I'd like to see him in and none of them are at welterweight.

If he could move up or down either way he'd have a lot more success. Unfortunately he's in a division predominantly with wrestlers, which is obviously is his achilles heel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This guy has a lot of excuses. He has been very poor recently and if he loses then he should definitely be cut. He hasn't given UFC enough reasons to keep him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Pretty much, i mean he hasn't won since Nov '09 and i get that he's popular in England what not but still guys have been cut after one bad fight he's on a 4 fight losing streak.

On a side note, he recently started following me on Twitter.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
In other news, Tito Ortiz is back and better than ever. 100% injury free.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
On a side note, he recently started following me on Twitter.

Wanderlei Silva (@wandfc) , Jake Shields (@jakeshieldsajj) and Hector Lombard from Bellator will all follow back too, FYI.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah Jake followed me.

Deuce

Reaction score
He's one of my favorite UFC fighters so I hope he can pick up his game like he says he is going to.