Damnation: The Gods of the Ring vs Electric Mayhem w/ Bruno Tully.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
In their first outing as a tag team since Heatwave the Gods of the Ring look to defeat Electric Mayhem who last week picked up an impressive win over the RSM.

1 rp limit.

Reaction score
The camera focuses on a young woman who everyone recognizes as Hayley Davis. To her right is a bald middle aged man with a grey beard and aviator sunglasses.

Hayley “I’m standing here with the manager of one of IWF’s latest additions to the tag team division, Bruno Tully. Bruno, two weeks ago at Extinction, Electric Mayhem made an impressive showing against former IWF Tag Team Champions Red Shield Mafia in a Tornado Tag Team Tables Match. Do you find it unusual that your team’s first match in the company would be so high profile with such a major stipulation?”

Bruno “Hayley, honey, let me first say it’s a pleasure to be in your company today. Now, to answer your question, absolutely not. My boys ARE high profile, so it’s absolutely natural for Anna Wu to position us in a spot where we prove our worth to the crowd right away. That match at Extinction proved that Electric Mayhem is a name to remember.”

Hayley “Do you have any aspirations for Electric Mayhem to face the tag team champions, Hardcore Revolution in the near future?”

Bruno “Well, obviously, the IWF Tag Team titles are our ultimate goal and while it’s only a matter of time before we’re given the opportunity, I’m content with introducing the team to the viewers and familiarizing them with the Tully family. Ultimately, it’s all up to the general manager and I respect her decision making abilities. For now, we’ll bide our time and take whatever is given to us. Come what may, you know.

Hayley “Tonight, Jacob and Edgar face another major team from the ranks, The Gods of the Ring…”

Bruno “What a charming name, Hayley. Whether it was the Aztecs and Mayans sacrificing their own children or ancient Romans telling tales of the Twelve on Mount Olympus, they’ve always been around us. Deities have existed in the minds of man for ages. But gods are just that, Hayley – an illusion of the mind. And those who consider themselves as such are the worst of the lot. Ego is one thing, but to over-inflate it to the degree that you feel you’re infallible, well, that person has a moment of humbling reality in store for them.”

Hayley “The Gods have such different style than your previous opponents. Have you done anything to prepare your team for their match?”

Bruno “We’ve watched their previous matches on IWF and elsewhere to really get a sense of what they do, how they do it and where we can use that to our advantage. Wrestling is really a science when you think about it, Hayley. And wrestlers are creatures of habit. We’re gonna take those habits and turn them against our opponents. Isn’t that right, boys?”

Jacob and Edgar arrive from the left side of the screen. Trying his best to be debonair, Edgar goes to kiss Hayley’s hand, but she pulls it out of his grasp before it can be firmly planted. His smile sours and he’s about to say something when Bruno stops him with just a simple glance. Jacob puts a hand on Edgar’s shoulder and he mellows out.

Jacob “That’s right, Dad. We’ve got the tools and we’ve got the talent.”

Edgar chimes in. “Two weeks ago, we beat a team so badly they up and quit the company. Our opponents tonight better pray the same thing doesn’t happen to them.”

Jacob then points at the camera, intently staring at it. “Let’s just say this. Tonight, after we’ve won the match, the Gods will be worshipping us.” Jacob turns to his cousin as they slap hands and then make their way off screen, leaving a smiling Bruno with Hayley.

Bruno “Hayley, tonight these so called Gods are gonna be facing their own Damnation.”

Bruno laughs as Hayley watches him walk offstage. “Well, folks, there you have it.”