Damn it, he just doesn't learn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
The problem with WWE is who is running the show - Vince is out of touch with the times.

When he does give us more wrestling, its mostly cookie cutter, often stale watered down stuff with maybe some good to great stuff mixed in at times. That sums up the last couple years. A lot of nonsense with only a few memorable matches that will make the rewatch collection.

I can't say the same about before that. From 2000 to 2003 or so for example, there are more WWE matches I want to rewatch than I have time for. 2006-2008, I could rewatch the really good ones in a couple days, maybe half a week if I stretched the viewing of them out.

Get with the times Vince, we don't need past era's remade. We need a new era. An era with ROH styled in ring work - people being let to cut loose and not held back to conform to your "story style" that only sometimes works really well. Give us better characters we can care about and storylines that are interesting. You did it before, do it again or find someone who can.

One of the things I see wrong is - Vince likes having fun and too often - at his products expense.

Why does Khali get these small to big pushes? Why does Trips remain on top? Why do so many talents get watered down ring work wise? Why do we see silly storylines? Why did the title matches build for WM23 take a backseat to McMahon vs. Trump? Why did Vince want to revolve summer 2007 around his "death" until the real Benoit family deaths occured?

Answer: Because he wanted to have fun seeing what he likes to see on his show - not his audience. In turn, ratings went down.

I do think, in general the industry isn't at its bes right now. TNA has good wrestling, they just need to replace Russo. ROH has great wrestling but needs more exposure. WWE has a great roster, they just need a new direction and to start building new stars. They took the risk in 1996 and 1997 when they had neck to neck competition. Now they don't have that and they don't even want to take a risk with the ratings. It can't get much worse if they try something different?

I'd take a month of "best of" shows if they'd give everyone a month off and had creative sit down and worked up a new, fresh and exciting approach for fans to come back to.

MikeRaw

The problem with WWE is who is running the show - Vince is out of touch with the times.

Get with the times Vince, we don't need past era's remade. We need a new era. An era with ROH styled in ring work - people being let to cut loose and not held back to conform to your "story style" that only sometimes works really well. Give us better characters we can care about and storylines that are interesting. You did it before, do it again or find someone who can.

One of the things I see wrong is - Vince likes having fun and too often - at his products expense.

Why does Khali get these small to big pushes? Why does Trips remain on top? Why do so many talents get watered down ring work wise? Why do we see silly storylines? Why did the title matches build for WM23 take a backseat to McMahon vs. Trump? Why did Vince want to revolve summer 2007 around his "death" until the real Benoit family deaths occured?

Dont get me wrong, I usually enjoy your posts, but I have a few things that I find wrong...

First you said you dont want past eras remade, and you want new stuff, but then you said that and then you said you want what he did before...

Khali gets pushes because it happens in any company with a monster. It wont seem realistic if he jobs out all the time, he has to be pushed as a monster, and that occasionally results in a title shot, or welse wwe looks weak.

Triple H remains on top because hes good. Just liek anyone else in the main event. he isnt controlling it, he went along time without a title after WM 21, and aloud other guys to take the spotlight. Now, he needs to stay in the spotlight, with Orton injured, and the draft upcoming. But really, he gets the biggest reaction every week, so why wouldnt they have him ontop?

What silly storylines? The only "silly" one I can remember is the Hornswoggle thing, but that was Kennedys fault for ruining it by being suspended, if that didnt happen it wouldve been good. This is entertainment, we cant just have matches, 60-70 % of the reason people watch it is for the storyliens and stuff. If you watch it for the wrestling, even though the matches are fake, then thats your choice though...

I also dont think the title matches took a backseat to the Trump thing. but bottom line is, the reaction for the Trum,p?McMahon thing was huge. But the buildup for those was fine...

Also, they water down the in ring work because its a worldwide public company. If people get badly hurt, they have alot more to deal with in the public eye than ROH or TNA. WWE is the first to be bashed for anything wrestling related in the media, and if someone got badly hurt, thatd be insane backlash on wwe.

Anyways, dont take it personally man:) Your posts are great, and I actually agree with you that WWE isnt too great right now, and needs to improve, I just wish you made different points... I know what you meant in the posts, just wanted to poitn out a few things I didnt get...

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think the low ratings are just because of a lack of interest in WWE, not because of people wanting a better show. They could put on the best show ever, but because of the absence of spoilers and the surprise atmosphere, you won't know how it is until you watch it.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
First you said you dont want past eras remade, and you want new stuff, but then you said that and then you said you want what he did before...

I meant he created great eras before, so I'm pretty sure he could make a new 'boom' period happen if he pulled his head out of his ass and started putting on shows both hardcore & normal fans can enjoy.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Vince would rather give away millions of dollars randomly than push someone besides his son in law. :shifty:

You act like HHH is the only person the WWE getting a push right now. Ratings are low at the moment for two reasons:

1. It's the summer. People are outside, they're doing things. I've had to DVR the last two Raws because of work and other things I was doing that would not have occured in September through May. That happens with a lot of people.

2. I agree with Kaedon. Ratings go down because of DVR. You can say that's a bad excuse, but it isn't. This isn't like the NBA or a regular sporting event where if you miss it live then you might as well not even watch it. It's a TV show and that's totally different.

What's a huge part of the WWE's fan base? Little kids-early teenagers. What do little kids do in the summer? They play little league, soccer, play outside, etc.

It's tough to draw people in at this time of the year, they just tape the show. Why do you think that tv shows aren't new over the summer?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
What game of little league runs from 9 to 11 pm? In fact, what kid is outside at all at those hours? I realize the sun sets later now but it's still dark then, so yeah, let's talk crappy parenting. What job requires those hours? Quit that job, you can easily get an equal paying job with hours that don't suck.

MikeRaw

What game of little league runs from 9 to 11 pm? In fact, what kid is outside at all at those hours? I realize the sun sets later now but it's still dark then, so yeah, let's talk crappy parenting. What job requires those hours? Quit that job, you can easily get an equal paying job with hours that don't suck.

WWE isnt the only thign with ratings down. If TNA is so much better, they would be cracking 0.9 for once... But they're not, and you wanna know why? Because they cant buy ratings either. If you wanna talk about people trying to buy ratings, talk about buying Angle, Steiner, Christian, Sting, Rhino and countless others, and using 20 gimmick matches a year... Thats buying ratings... Now Vince is trying to do it too, because his product sucks too, and he admitted he is trying to do this to attract viewers.
But ratings are down on both wwe and tna, and both are trying anything to get them up, so at least realize both sides are doing it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I'll DVR a show if I absolutely have to, but if i'm looking forward to this week's show, i'll blow off other commitments if I have to.
Well guess what, not everyone can blow off their commitments. In the REAL WORLD you cant call up your boss and go "Hey I'm not coming in tonight because Im gonna watch Raw". Jobs, workouts, school and school work, girlfriend/wife, kids, you can not just say "eh fuck all that, im watching raw" What jobs have second and third shifts? HOW ABOUT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING JOB ON THE PLANET. CEO's, civil servants, doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, grocers, the asshat working at McDonalds, someone has to keep shit running.

The number of people who really really want to see a show but DVR it anyway because something totally unavoidable has come up is miniscule. For most DVRers, it's "Hmm... should I stay in and watch RAW, or should I go to my friend's to hang out in his basement going through his sister's panties while he scorns me?"
I guess Roxxi has some fun times....

Airfixx

Get a new job just so you can see Raw at the time it's broadcast rather than record it????

Hahahaha... That's utterly rediculous! ...What fuckin' planet are you on Roxi?

Regardless of the ratings issue, you want a reason in FAVOR of record Raw? 35mins of fuckin' adverts every episode.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well guess what, not everyone can blow off their commitments. In the REAL WORLD you cant call up your boss and go "Hey I'm not coming in tonight because Im gonna watch Raw". Jobs, workouts, school and school work, girlfriend/wife, kids, you can not just say "eh fuck all that, im watching raw" What jobs have second and third shifts? HOW ABOUT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING JOB ON THE PLANET. CEO's, civil servants, doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, grocers, the asshat working at McDonalds, someone has to keep shit running.
Get a new job just so you can see Raw at the time it's broadcast rather than record it????
Not just for RAW - get a new job so you don't have to work from 9 to 11 pm. Maybe don't be a high school dropout so you can actually get a job besides stocking a warehouse from 9 pm to 9 am. But nevermind that. You're seriously arguing that RAW's ratings have dropped so substantially because 1.0 worth of people decided to get summer jobs that run from 9 to 11 pm on a monday night? That's the horse you're backing?

- CEO's, civil servants, doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, grocers, the asshat working at McDonalds, i'm fairly sure, all work during the other three seasons too, so don't try blaming ratings on them. Perhaps some high-schoolers have gotten summer jobs at fast food places, but I somehow doubt that any significant number of them have gotten the night shift.
- Working out? Fairly sure you can work out in front of a TV. Hell, most people RECOMMEND that, or an iPod.
- Wife/Kids? Those are only a summer commitment now? You ditch them come September? Come on, don't give an excuse THAT loaded with BS.
- Girlfriends? I have one, going on two and a half years now, yet i'm not out of the house 9-11 pm every night. Perhaps you should actually be dating someone who shares your interests, first and foremost. But even if we ignore that, what the hell is there to do out of the house that late at night? Movies perhaps, but I somehow doubt you're at the movies from 9-11 every single monday night to make the ratings constantly drop. Perhaps you two should quit barhopping or dealing drugs or whatever the hell those idiots are doing in the downtown streets at night.
- As for school and schoolwork, hey waitaminute, I thought it was SUMMER! Nice try. Summer school? Fairly sure it doesn't run from 9 to 11 pm. It ends at 3, and if you consider it important enough to watch RAW that week, i'm sure you can find 30 minutes in that 6 hour period to do questions 3 to 8 on page 187.

You can blame the drop in ratings on doctors only working in the summer, people having schoolwork when there is no school, kids playing little league at 10 pm, having a summer wife, but of course, none of that makes sense. Sorry, the ratings are dropping with the quality of the product, vis a vis Triple H vs. Cena 3 following up on Triple H vs. Orton 47.5, while the unbelievably over Kennedy gets a four minute match as far from the main event as possible in the show.

As for TNA dropping in ratings, TNA dropped 0.1. RAW dropped 1.0. Sorry, far more people have stopped watching RAW than TNA.

Unless of course people are DVRing it. You know, because of their summer jobs as doctors and phantom schoolwork and summer spouses and midnight soccer practice. :shifty:

MikeRaw

As for TNA dropping in ratings, TNA dropped 0.1. RAW dropped 1.0. Sorry, far more people have stopped watching RAW than TNA.
Thats because noone watched TNA in the first place...

You can blame the drop in ratings on doctors only working in the summer, people having schoolwork when there is no school, kids playing little league at 10 pm, having a summer wife, but of course, none of that makes sense. Sorry, the ratings are dropping with the quality of the product, vis a vis Triple H vs. Cena 3 following up on Triple H vs. Orton 47.5, while the unbelievably over Kennedy gets a four minute match as far from the main event as possible in the show.

As I already told you, the ratings drop isnt that bad. Dont make up stuff about them dropping 1.0... They have averaged between 3.4 and 4.0 since 2003, usually 3.8's at good times, so even with that, they havent dropped overly alot.
Just for the record, you the last personw ho shoul dtalk about a product of wrestling.... If you wanna talk about what will get ratings up (wwe or tna) it sure as hell isnt women wrestling... Oh wait, in TNA it might because you guys have to be "alternative" even if alternative isnt enjoyable...
But seriously, your cheapshots at Triple H are funny. The only reason he is showcased so much is because he gets the biggest reaction on the show. Have you heard the crowd? I rest my case...

Not just for RAW - get a new job so you don't have to work from 9 to 11 pm. Maybe don't be a high school dropout so you can actually get a job besides stocking a warehouse from 9 pm to 9 am. But nevermind that. You're seriously arguing that RAW's ratings have dropped so substantially because 1.0 worth of people decided to get summer jobs that run from 9 to 11 pm on a monday night? That's the horse you're backing?
Who the hell are you to tell people about their jobs? Firstly, some teenagers (which is a key part of Raws audience) work at places like a gas station, or a drug store, or a 7/11, etc, but that doesnt mean their a dropout, its just a part time job until they are old enough to have a career. So alot of those jobs require missing time from Raw, so DVR it. Just because you live your life a certain way, doesnt mean everyone else has to.

- CEO's, civil servants, doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, grocers, the asshat working at McDonalds, i'm fairly sure, all work during the other three seasons too, so don't try blaming ratings on them. Perhaps some high-schoolers have gotten summer jobs at fast food places, but I somehow doubt that any significant number of them have gotten the night shift.
- Working out? Fairly sure you can work out in front of a TV. Hell, most people RECOMMEND that, or an iPod.
- Wife/Kids? Those are only a summer commitment now? You ditch them come September? Come on, don't give an excuse THAT loaded with BS.
- Girlfriends? I have one, going on two and a half years now, yet i'm not out that, what the hell is there to do out of the house that late at night? Movies perhaps, but I somehow doubt you're at the movies from 9-11 every single monday night to make the ratings constantly drop. Perhaps you two should quit barhopping or dealing drugs or whatever the hell those idiots are doing in the downtown streets at night.
- As for school and schoolwork, hey waitaminute, I thought it was SUMMER! Nice try. Summer school? Fairly sure it doesn't run from 9 to 11 pm. It ends at 3, and if you consider it important enough to watch RAW that week, i'm sure you can find 30 minutes in that 6 hour period to do questions 3 to 8 on page 187.of the house 9-11 pm every night. Perhaps you should actually be dating someone who shares your interests, first and foremost. But even if we ignore

Your just trying anything to debunk the theory that people might DVR a show.....

Ratings are down for all of TV in recent years. Ratings are down for TNA... Ratings are down for WWE. IMO, both products need some improvement. And both need to get their ratings up.
The DVR thing does make a difference. But the people who say it makes a big difference are dead wrong, but it does make a small difference for WWE and/or TNA...
Stop pointing the finger straight at WWE, both shows have lost viewers, and TBH, they both arent that great ATM, and need to improve some things.
Million Dollar Mannia is gong to keep going, and deserves a second chance, and it'll have it, o dont think that a 0.1 drop in the tratings is going to stop that.
But ya, ratings are down, but as for the DVR argument, itd make a bit of a difference.

Airfixx

@ Roxi...

Point is theres 1001 reasons why you might record a TV show and watch it at your own convenience... The summer months in general provide the chance to make more of your evenings and only serve to add to that list.

But regardless of ratings fluctuation....

I stand by the point that you suggesting changing jobs to accomodate the watching of TV is utterly rediculous... Making assumptions why a huge cross-section of people work the jobs that they do is equally as rediculous.

Kaedon

Reaction score
First its DVR and now its "ratings drop" which is it?

Yes because the ratings have been in the 3.0 range for only May and June. Idiot.

You obviously dont work out.

- Girlfriends? I have one, going on two and a half years now, yet i'm not out of the house 9-11 pm every night. Perhaps you should actually be dating someone who shares your interests, first and foremost.
Sharing intrest is different from LIKING EVERYTHING THE OTHER PERSON LIKES. How dumb are you?

But even if we ignore that, what the hell is there to do out of the house that late at night? Movies perhaps, but I somehow doubt you're at the movies from 9-11 every single monday night to make the ratings constantly drop. Perhaps you two should quit barhopping or dealing drugs or whatever the hell those idiots are doing in the downtown streets at night.
Movies, getting loaded, concerts, band practice, fucking your gf, going out to dinner, going to a play, going to see a comedian, going to a sporting event, participating in a sporting event, parties, family gatherings...

- As for school and schoolwork, hey waitaminute, I thought it was SUMMER! Nice try. Summer school? Fairly sure it doesn't run from 9 to 11 pm.
God knows you cant write a paper for a summer school class....

Thats because more people watch Raw to begin with, no one watches TNA because TNA is bullshit.

kingovkings

Reaction score
workout in front of the TV LMAO

I'm assuming he meant a proper workout like in a gym with cardio machines, resistance machines, and free weights you know so you get a proper workout.
Not that dancing and prancing around music or ya ipod while you watch TV that ain't a work out so unless you have a fully loaded gym at ya house its hard to get a proper work out in front of ya TV.

Anyway rec what ever programme IMO would hurt rating granted not tremendously but it will have some impact i would imagine.