CZW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They just held best of the best (their yearly wrestling tournament) and had a send off show for Drake Younger who is leaving the indies for a WWE gig.

Drew Gulak is the current world champ and is leading the "campaign for a better combat zone", a group that wants to get rid of the hardcore elements of CZW.

Reaction score
They just held best of the best (their yearly wrestling tournament) and had a send off show for Drake Younger who is leaving the indies for a WWE gig.

Drew Gulak is the current world champ and is leading the "campaign for a better combat zone", a group that wants to get rid of the hardcore elements of CZW.

That's cool. Is he gonna be in NXT or something?

And as for CZW getting rid of the hardcore elements...Hmm...I haven't seen TOO many hours of CZW, but I think I've seen enough to know that the hardcore elements is sort of their "thing". Won't the fans be outraged by this?

Stopspot

Reaction score
That's cool. Is he gonna be in NXT or something?
He's apparently signed on to be a ref.

And as for CZW getting rid of the hardcore elements...Hmm...I haven't seen TOO many hours of CZW, but I think I've seen enough to know that the hardcore elements is sort of their "thing". Won't the fans be outraged by this?
Which is why it is such a perfect heel gimmick to run in CZW.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
CZW is one hell of a company... I watched some podcasts... its a crazy company, it sometimes hurts to watch them get hurt...

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Outside Drew Gulak its not worth watching.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
No offense man, but lol
So I can't have any opinion on a promotion? Learn to take someone else's opinion instead of just burying it as if its meaningless.

Stopspot

Reaction score
So I can't have any opinion on a promotion? Learn to take someone else's opinion instead of just burying it as if its meaningless.
I just find it odd and fun that out of an entire roster of talented people. You only find Gulak worth watching. CZW has one of the better indy rosters out there. And this is coming from a dude who a year ago didn't touch the promotion with a ten foot pole.

You seriously don't find any entertainment from guys like:
Biff Busick
Chris Dickinson
Lucky 13
Danny Havoc
Andrew Everett
Caleb Konley
Shane Strickland
JT Dunn
David Starr
Ohio is 4 killers
Beaver Boys
?

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I just find it odd and fun that out of an entire roster of talented people. You only find Gulak worth watching. CZW has one of the better indy rosters out there. And this is coming from a dude who a year ago didn't touch the promotion with a ten foot pole.

Biff Busick
Chris Dickinson
Lucky 13
Danny Havoc
Andrew Everett
Caleb Konley
Shane Strickland
JT Dunn
David Starr
Ohio is 4 killers
Beaver Boys
?
I am not saying I don't like these guys, in particular Caleb Konely, Andrew Everett and Biff Busick are guys I like but its not the best you can see them at. I would rather watch a DGUSA/Evolve match of Caleb Konely than a CZW, I would rather watch Andrew Everett Vs Trevor Lee Vs Cedric Alexander than what he is having in CZW. Its not up to par with how they perform at their highest. Gulak is a guy who isn't showcased as much as he should so CZW is when he shines because he is put against guys like AJ Styles and Chris Hero.

Stopspot

Reaction score
....... Okay then, and how much of CZW's product have you actually watched to determine this? Konley is much better looked after in CZW, dude might not be as "high profile" in CZW than he is in DGUSA but at least he is booked proper instead of stop start pushes ala Gabe, and puts on more fun matches in CZW as well. To say that Everett is better in PWG than CZW is absurd to me considering he's only worked ONE match in PWG, compared to his one year in CZW.

And why is Gulak showcased much more in CZW compared to other promotions? 1: He's a CZW product through and through, trained by them, brought up by them. 2: He's only recently truly branched out to other promotions not named Chikara (hi Soldier Ant!). Obviously he's going to be more showcased in his home promotion. Just like Konley and Alexander is more showcased in PWX than they are in ROH or DGUSA. Gulak doesn't have the pull yet to deserve big booking and showcases outside of CZW.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Biff Busick
Chris Dickinson
Lucky 13
Danny Havoc
Andrew Everett
Caleb Konley
Shane Strickland
JT Dunn
David Starr
Ohio is 4 killers
Beaver Boys