CZW Iz C00l

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm not too big of a fan of CZW either, I like super hardcore OMGZ OMGZ spots on occasion, but I watch BJPW for that. I'm not too familiar with their roster, and I could really care less. I was looking at some old cards from back in '02, and it seemed pretty good. They has some really good matches on there featuring Trent Acid, The young Briscoes, the SAT and Tajiri and Super Crazy. I'm getting the show 9 F'n years soon, which sounds pretty good, cuz it has Steen vs Vordell Walker, which sounds pretty good.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

The thing I don't get is they run what 12/13 shows a year? You can't build anything with that since by the time the next show rolls around you've forgotten what storylines and feuds they've been building. CZW hasn't been nearly as good as when Messiah was leading the Hi-V against Zandig. Cage of Death 5-Awesome.

HHHforever

Reaction score
And that's what CZW is, they pride themselves on being more hardcore then any other wrestling organizations out today. Of course it's not for everyone the people who like it watch it, the people who don't.. just don't watch it....And with the kids being there, the parents know before hand what goes on in CZW it's "Ultraviolent" wrestling and if you're comfortable with allowing your children to watch this type of "entertainment" then by all means lets them be.

It's not too brutal for me or anything. I mean it's cool, I don't hate it. I'm just saying that it's not really wrestling in my opinion.

Rell

Reaction score
With all this being said, CZW's Best Of The Best tournaments offer some of the best wrestling in the independent circuit. Its a shame they don't stick to that format, but then again, they would be alienating their core audience which would be a bad thing.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
lol Nick Mondo

What that guy does takes no talent and even less brains.

If the man had to go out and nearly kill himself to earn a paycheck, no matter how little the money was, I commend him 100% for doing so. It was his choice to do dangerous stunts to entertain the fans that paid to see him and in this sport that's the main goal of each and every wrestler, to ENTERTAIN the crowd. Shit, I fucking hate people who bash hardcore wrestlers calling them talent-less...Just because they don't follow the "blue print" of what's on TV these days.

And what's with the picture of him working at blockbuster? It's not like he made tons of money wrestling in CZW so if that's how he had to make a living then so be it.."Oh I'm going to post a picture of him working at Blockbuster hahaha that's funny!" Fuck I'd like to see what you do for a living...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If the man had to go out and nearly kill himself to earn a paycheck, no matter how little the money was, I commend him 100% for doing so. It was his choice to do dangerous stunts to entertain the fans that paid to see him and in this sport that's the main goal of each and every wrestler, to ENTERTAIN the crowd.

First off, which one is it? He had to, or he chose to? The latter seems more or less true, so let me respond with this. He didn't have to do anything. He could've learned how to be a decent wrestler if he wanted to, however he chose to take the path of least resistance and let people hit him with weed whackers etc. And for what? To entertain the masses? What a maroon.

Shit, I fucking hate people who bash hardcore wrestlers calling them talent-less...Just because they don't follow the "blue print" of what's on TV these days.

They are talentless. It does not take talent to do the things he does. It takes a pain tolerance, that's it. That's not talent, that's lucky genetics.

And what's with the picture of him working at blockbuster? It's not like he made tons of money wrestling in CZW so if that's how he had to make a living then so be it.

Again, you illustrate my point perfectly. He did all that shit to himself and for what? Nothing. I'm not laughing at him for working at blockbuster per se, but for all he gave to his fans and to his brand of "wrestling" that's what he ends up with? Pretty rofl.

"Oh I'm going to post a picture of him working at Blockbuster hahaha that's funny!" Fuck I'd like to see what you do for a living...

For the record R.O.B. currently manages a comic book shop, and holds a masters degree in psychology. And I don't need any of that to tell me that letting someone hit me with a weed whacker, or fluorescent light tube is a pretty stupid idea.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Mondo grew up idolizing guys from ECW and he always wanted to follow in there footsteps..You may call it taking the easy way but he did what he did because that was his dream and he accomplished it. As stupid as that may sound that's what he always wanted to do.

At least he didn't pretend to be something he wasn't.

Rell

Reaction score
Just for the record, I love hardcore wrestling weather it be BJPW, CZW, or the classic ECW ad FMW. I'm just don't like the direction CZW is headed at the moment, but I' still a fan of CZW overall. Not a huge fan, but a fan none the less.

Montana

Im not a fan of CZW. I don't like how they are too spotty and almost reminds me a little of WSX. Some wrestlers are sloppy. The stunts are too over the top for me. I like hardcore wrestling, but not like that.

For myself, Ill take IWA-MS anyday. (for a indy hardcore fed)

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
One of my biggest problems with CZW is the way they change matches during a show, just look at last month's show, they changed the Nick Gage-Drake Younger match for the World title to a No-Rope Barbed-Wire match.

Another thing that gets me pissed is the fact that they didn't put the belt on Drake yet! for god sakes Gage doesn't need it!

Rell

Reaction score
One of my biggest problems with CZW is the way they change matches during a show, just look at last month's show, they changed the Nick Gage-Drake Younger match for the World title to a No-Rope Barbed-Wire match.

Another thing that gets me pissed is the fact that they didn't put the belt on Drake yet! for god sakes Gage doesn't need it!

I swear I hate that, I was watching CZW Choosing Sides a while back, and I was expecting to see Human Tornado vs Ruckus in a singles match, instead it was turned into a Ladder match. Call me crazy, but I was really wanted a singles match over a ladder match. The match turned out fine, but still, I want whats advertised.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Rell said:
I swear I hate that, I was watching CZW Choosing Sides a while back, and I was expecting to see Human Tornado vs Ruckus in a singles match, instead it was turned into a Ladder match. Call me crazy, but I was really wanted a singles match over a ladder match. The match turned out fine, but still, I want whats advertised.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Not everything has to be changed to a gimmick match.

I'm not really a fan of CZW. I've watched a few shows, and I just don't think it's for me. I mean call me razy, but I don't really get into guys getting hit with lights.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
the fans probably would get pissed off they saw a regular singles match, I think that most of the hardcore CZW fans probably want to see crazy spots every match.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

the fans probably would get pissed off they saw a regular singles match, I think that most of the hardcore CZW fans probably want to see crazy spots every match.

This is similar to the problem I have with TNA. Matches don't mean anything. It used to be if you saw a cage match advertised you knew it was something big. Nowadays you can have a 20 foot cage wrapped with barbed wire, light tubes, knives, and set the whole thing on fire and people wouldn't give two s***s. Gimmick matches and high spots have their place but overusing them takes away some of their value and amazement.

Reaction score
I tried watching CZW last night and I really didn't get into it like I thought I would. I watched the "They Said It Couldn't Be Done" PPV and quite frankly it was just to sloppy for me. They botch moves too much and it really is more of gimmick matches. I really didn't enjoy it that much and led me to not wanting to watch any more shows. I liked the whole hardcore vibe but the overall presentation just wasn't my cup of tea.