CZW Falling Apart?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
A few years ago CZW was considered one of independent wrestlings fastest growing promotions.They had very good wrestlers (Alex Shelley, Castagnoli, Jack Evans, Homicide, Hero, Hernandez etc.) mixed with a brutal "ultraviolent" style of wrestling. My question is...What has happened to CZW? After the "ROH vs CZW" feud, ROH seems to be excelling while CZW has been declining greatly. Is it a lack of talent? CZW standouts like Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli has moved on with their careers and are now successful in Ring Of Honor. Could this have something to do with the decline of CZW? Like I have said before, I believe a wrestling promotion catering to a small portion of wrestling fans (Hardcore, In CZW's case) can not succeed in the long run, and I believe this is why we are witnessing the downfall of CZW.

*thoughts*

Reaction score
CZW is falling apart and yes ever since their fued ROH has been Increasing in everyway and CZW has been declining in everyway and fast. Before CZW did have very good atheletes now they have all moved on and found somewhere else to go. I think CZW has become i joke to wrestling ever since the poeple i roted for left it fell apart and lost alot of purpose and meaning of wrestling.

Smackdown Fan

Reaction score
CZW is falling apart because of the lack of talent yes but mainly because of the lack of cash going into it, but I don't want CZW to die but life will go on

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Ever since CZW has lost all the good wrestlers and just has turned to hardcore and violent crap then they have been on the downfall, I mean they still have one or two good guys but they have too many people that just can't wrestle, I don't watch wrestling that all it is wrestlers playing around with power tools, that gives a bad name to wrestling. Yes CZW is falling apart and has been falling apart for a while now.

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
Craptastic booking plus financial problems. Give Drake the belt. Give Jigsaw the Sonjay push. Do something with Cheech. Make a stable that can rival the BLKOUT. There is absolutely nothing to talk about anymore when it comes to CZW. Zandig is a freaking moron.

Sweet N Sour

Reaction score
Soo much to correct, so little time.

First of all thanks for being so late with this CZW is declining topic.

...Shelly, Homicide, Evans, and Hernandez havent wrestled there for years.....

Hero left....Claudio left....

They were the only big losses to CZW.

Second of all I see..."Poor mans ECW"?....."Hardcore crap"....what the fuck?...

CZW doesnt try to be ANYTHING like ECW...and I wont even get into that discussion. The "hardcore crap" applies to thier fanbase. Tournament of Death, Lighttube matches....thats what thier fans like. CZW recently had a show called Best of The Best with only pure wrestling.

Its not the lack of talent, its the booking. I see many talented guys on the roster who are willing to step up for CZW but Zandig cant book for shit.

A couple of months ago, this topic would have been agreed with throughly but they are starting to get back on the right track.

Rell

Reaction score
Soo much to correct, so little time.

First of all thanks for being so late with this CZW is declining topic.

...Shelly, Homicide, Evans, and Hernandez havent wrestled there for years.....

Hero left....Claudio left....

They were the only big losses to CZW.

Second of all I see..."Poor mans ECW"?....."Hardcore crap"....what the fuck?...

CZW doesnt try to be ANYTHING like ECW...and I wont even get into that discussion. The "hardcore crap" applies to thier fanbase. Tournament of Death, Lighttube matches....thats what thier fans like. CZW recently had a show called Best of The Best with only pure wrestling.

Its not the lack of talent, its the booking. I see many talented guys on the roster who are willing to step up for CZW but Zandig cant book for shit.

A couple of months ago, this topic would have been agreed with throughly but they are starting to get back on the right track.

You do realize that I asked if the departure of so many stars could be the reason why CZW has fallen over the last couple of years right? I never once said that Hero and Claudio leaving or a lack of talent was the reason CZW has fallen...I agree with you on Zandig's booking, IMO the CZW vs ROH feud was the best thing that happened to CZW in a while and it just so happens Gabe Sapolsky had full creative control over the feud.

Does anyone honestly believe CZW is where they used to be? There was a time when CZW was the 2nd best independent promotion, and was even competing for first...IMO CZW is nowhere near where it was a few years ago, and thats not exactly good news for an independent promotion. I haven't lost faith in CZW, like I said in previous threads, CZW isnt as "ultraviolent" and "Hardcore" as most people seem to believe.

Reaction score
Well czw was in trouble thats why they went into war with roh. roh kep czw open and it pushed both promotion i thank roh for that but yea there lots of good wrestlers use to be there now they seem to be in japan,pwg tna and roh its a damn shame because they really could of become something. Also with marks thinking its just violent it isnt i mean they have amazing restling around a couple of violent matches each month notlike in the past where they had eveyr night sick but shame because even the announcers have left Eric garguilo and johnhouse so i dont no what gonna happen but guys 8 years is pretty good on a violent promotion i hope something happens and they get a burst of energy maybe another war because czw really can be good u jst gotta know it.

flo23

Reaction score
i think the reason CZW is falling apart is the booking. that may be the reason so many wrestlers have left. first off all Hero was probably the best champ they ever had becuase hes a great wrestler and he is known more then any other champ and they gave kingston a run and then fired him. The kingston hero feud was great but zandig ended it becuase of rumors that kingston was going to sign with PWU so he fired kingston and didnt use hero right so he left. i mean their best deathmatch wrestler Necro Butcher is now a fucking jobber losing to just about everyone, Zandig needs to find a better booker if he wants CZW to live. anyways thats my 2 cents.

Reaction score
U know he may have to hand the company over to someone i know this sounds weird but maybe someone form roh or someother promoter who cna give pay offs and money and zandig is tight but damn shame i really hope he isnt gonna let his baby die because it can come back but we need another promoter.

flo23

Reaction score
If zandig did hand the company over to ROH i think CZW could be saved. ROH booker had complete control of the feud and how good did that go, no to mention that the ROH booker worked for ECW (Paul Heymans ECW) which is the reason why he is so good at booking cause he learned from heyman.

Reaction score
Yea dude hand czw over to rob feinstein and gabe sapolsky if robs still there. The nu know they can handle 2 promotion zandig can be apart of it then ans for both promotions and wrestlerson both promotions hopefully czw will sell thereselved to someone maybe even japan or something dont want them to die.