CZW 3.28.11: BOTB 4/9; World Title Defense 4/10!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Impressive NHL Teams

Out of all the teams in the NHL, which team has impressed you the most this season? I'll have to say the Pittsbrugh Penguins. They did a terrific job in the off season by acquiring Jordan Staal and Evgeni Malkin to add to their roster of young players, and they are also one of the best teams in the East. Also during Trade Deadline day they got Georges Laraque and Gary Roberts, two terrific players. Roberts to add to their offense, and Laraque to protect young terrific players such as Malkin, Staal, and of course Sidney Crosby :smilie3:

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Well, the Penguins aren't really a surprise. With their tons of young players, they now how to work together as a good team.

The team that really surprised me, was the Vancouver Cancuks. I didn't think one goalie would change a team. What a turn around from other seasons.

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
^^ I didn't say it was a surprise I just said they impressed me. Anyway very true what you say about the Canucks. I knew Luongo was gonna be good but I didn't expect him to make the Canucks one of the best teams in the West. They're the second most impressive team to me

*RiseAgainst*

Reaction score
Nashville is very surprising this year. Almost at the top of the league. Oilers have been doing lousy. Their team was Ryan Smyth. O well. Flames fan forever.

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
^^ Definately I think the most unimpressive Teams of the year would be the Hurricanes and the Oilers. Both making the Cup Finals last year and now both possibly not making the Playoffs

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
^^How about Pittsburgh, there doing really good, they should be on that list instead of the Caps :)

Reaction score
Well, I don't have satellite or anything special so I can only watch regional games. I always enjoy when the Oilers make an insane comeback at the end of the game. They usually trail at the beginning of the game, fall asleep in the second period and put the balls to the wall in the 3rd period. I recall one game in which they played Dallas this season. We got something like 3 goals in the 3rd period to make a comeback. The last 2 goals were back-to-back, with the final goal coming with 2 seconds left and tying the game. However, dumbass referee Mick Mcgeough thought he saw a glove pass off the face-off. Instead of making the call instantly, he waited a good 7 seconds before they scored to waive it off. The Stars ended up winning and the tying goal obviously never counted. After the game, Mcgeough reviewed the play himself, and admitted a mistake. How the fuck can you think you saw a glove-pass? There was obviously some politics involved, but in any case, it was an amazing comeback and effort on behalf of the Oilers.

Now, people can chirp about Smyth being traded all they want. That has nothing to do with Edmontons downfall this year. The fact is that the Oilers are a young team and still haven't developed into an NHL level. But the real case is that we are bombarded with injuries. Look at the list:

Jarret Stoll
Ethan Moreau
Marty Reasoner
Daniel Tjarnqvist
Tom Gilbert
Ales Hemsky (as of last night)

All of these guys (with the exception of Tjarnqvist) are key players. Gilbert scored his first NHL goal in his first 2 games or so. He has quickly adapted to the NHL style of play. Hemsky, although he is over-paid, creates plays and sets the puck up nicely. Jarret Stoll is a force on the blue line. Ethan Moreau is the teams energy source and leader in the locker-room. I think next year will be a whole different ball-game for the Oilers, and I look forward to fresh faces on the team, including a handful of first round picks.

Wrestling Station

Pittsburgh were impressive, but i prefer Detriot as they are the real originals of NHL imo hehe!