Cyndi Lauper SHOULD be in WWE Hall of Fame!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Yes I said it a Celebrity Inductee in WWE! But this is NO 1 off type Celebrity when it comes to the WWE! My only Criteria for a Celebrity getting into the WWE Hall of Fame is if that HELP the growth of the Company, draw people in, and help make new star. WHICH SHE DID ALL OF THIS, AND MORE! In a "Celebrity Wing" Where you have now Kid Rock, Pete Rose, Drew Carey (yes some HOW) -_-. Where that really nothing to be in hall of fame all that did was a few appear that really did nothing to help WWE. I mean Pete got tombstone by Kane a few times but does that really help the grown of a company? The fact that Cyndi Lauper is not in the Hall of Fame right now is a FLAT OUT CRIME! I go though ever she did for WWE and it will blow your mind! Unless you know already?

In her mid-'80s storylines were crucial components in the lead-up to the WrestleMania 1 but she helped reputation and legacy of the women wrestlers which WWE was just starting out with. From a pop culture standpoint, Lauper also helped the sport get a toehold at then-behemoth MTV and on late-night TV, which expanded the league's audience. This lead to a partner with WWE and MTV where MTV air WWE programming.

Her first major wrestling collaboration with the WWE which kicked off what became known as the "Rock 'n' Wrestling Connection" period of the WWF and was done with the late Captain Lou Albano, who was cast as Lauper's father in her "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" video and he also appeared in the "She Bop" clip.

"Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Official Video)"

The Fabulous Moolah (aka Lillian Ellison) first won a wrestling title, the World Women's Championship, in 1956, and defended the title on and off for years. However, in 1983, the Fabulous Moolah sold these championship title rights to the WWF and joined the WWE, bolstering her reputation and setting up a series of matches.

She help the career of Wendi Richter as her manger as she was pick to be the one to end The Fabulous Moolah 29 year title run.

At the "The Brawl to End It All," Albano managed the Fabulous Moolah, while Lauper guided the newcomer Wendi Richter, Wendi Richter would come out to 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' this air on MTV and at the time was MTV HIGHEST RATED SHOW, and still is to this day btw! Wendi Richter with Cyndi Lauper at her side would END the 29 Year Title Run of The Fabulous Moolah!

But the story does not end there. She was key part in the helping of the 1st Wrestlemania. When you think of the 1st Wrestlemania what 1st come mind? Hulk Hogan and Mr. T right? But Cyndi Lauper did alot more.

In "The War to Settle the Score" the Cyndi Lauper managed Wendi Richter but lost to the Fabulous Moolah who managed Leilani Kai. But in the MTV-broadcast match, Hogan defeated Piper and kept his WWF World Heavyweight Champion title. This dram events lead to the build up to Wrestlemania 1.

Wrestlemania 1 took place on March 31, 1985, at Madison Square Garden and featured alot of celebs, including Liberace, Mr. T., New York Yankees manager Billy Martin and Muhammad Ali.

However more than 19,000 people watched as Wendi Richter who was again managed by Cyndi Lauper! So Wendi Richter who lose the title to loss to Leilani Kai and reclaimed the WWF Women's Championship! More people when into the match she was in the then Hulk Hogan Tag Team Match with Mr. T.

Manager Wolff cut a deal so the WWF would air her videos in exchange for her talking about wrestling on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. Also on the TV side, Cyndi Lauper and Wolff are credited with the title concept for a CBS Saturday morning cartoon, which became Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling, which ran for 2 seasons starting in September 1985.

She also went undercover to help promote the album: She donned a dark wig and affected a Southern accent to perform Junkyard Dog's "Grab Them Cakes" on American Bandstand.

With all the achievements she did for WWE and help it grown the way it did how the HELL do you not have her in the WWE Hall of Fame!? By the way I not saying MR. T should not be he should be there are some Celebrity Inductee that are good picks by the WWE but there some bad ones too and and Cyndi Lauper ahead of though ones!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro