Curt Hawkins new look

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
bbd0dea8d121776fb9b8994ae0c06dff.png

So, those who watched NXT this week or have kept their eyes peeled in backstage segments and battle royals lately have probably seen Curt Hawkins new look as pictured above. His new gimmick/look is inspired by Sons of Anarchy/biker fashion and he goes by the moniker the Prince of Queens (Obviously they couldn't use king because of the TV show King of Queens). Do you think it is an improvement over his previous look and gimmick as the party starter?

ae6066d6f7d7f07888fbb0b528a512ba.jpg

I like both looks for him but I see more potential for him with the new one right now. There are other wrestlers who can do the party starter one anyways. Personally I think they should put Hawkins back with Ryder in a tag team, they are former champs so they would walk in with some instant cred compared to teams like PTP and the Usos, plus they know how to work together. And with Ryder and Hawkins both being from New York and showcasing different sides of it they have a team gimmick and name basically already done. New York's Finest. Both guys would do better in the tag division than anywhere else right now, stagnant as it may be.

Curt is a solid worker and an okay talker who obviously loves wrestling, wasting him doing nothing is a waste.

Which look do you prefer on Hawkins?

What should be done with him?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the new look, yeah. Personally hope he gets put back with Ryder since it seems like both are really going nowhere so why not.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's wasted on NXT sadly, the guy is a talented talker and a damn good worker. The new look is pretty decent too, just wish he was the Heyman guy.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I myself have a theory that Heyman should expand his clientele with a tag team. Hawkins and some one more (maybe Ryder or some other underused guy with potential). God knows Paul is good enough as a manager to be able to put focus on all his clients. It could also be a cool thing to see a dastardly manager take some lower card guys and build them up. They don't need to become wwe champs but solid parts of the show.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Honestly that sounds great, having Zack shed the broski shit on TV as Heyman moulds him could be cool.

Stopspot

Reaction score
That's how I was thinking. Let Paul bring guys in under his wing to help the mid card and overall card. Brock on part time, Punk if he remains heel, Curtis and Hawkins and Ryder (in this scenario) would become a good clientele. They don't need to interact that much either. People seem to have forgot that managers back in older days had multiple clients signed to them. Like Jimmy Hart and Harvey Whippelman.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sounds great, I'd drop Punk out though letting Axel and The Edgeheads get the majority of the spotlight rather than Punk with Brock as the occasional star.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah Brock will obviously never be full time on the road again with his distaste for the road life, he'd drop in for the big ppvs and still be a single entity.

Stopspot

Reaction score
What about teaming with Ryder and facing Rollins and Reigns after Hell No lose their rematch?
They'd need some more momentum in the division before going for the belt. And a reason to reform the Edgeheads. The Usos seem primed to take on the shield anyway.