Cung Le Hints At 2012 Return To Action

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Fans of former flashy sanshou stylist Cung Le got some good news today when the former Strikeforce middleweight champion revealed through Twitter that he intends to return to the Octagon this year to compete.

Fan: @T_Webb_31: Cung Le any chance we see you back in the @ufc :) a thank you to your fans perhaps
Le: that's my plans this year!

Le most recently appeared in action this past November at UFC 139 against MMA legend Wanderlei Silva. Le returned from more than a year away from the cage to take the fight and, though he handled himself well in the early goings, he eventually succumbed to The Axe Murderer's assault of punches and knees, losing via second round TKO, but picking up a Fight of the Night bonus in the process.

That appearance marked Le's first in the UFC and, until now, the future of the 39-year-old's mixed martial arts career seemed up in the air.

Le sports an overall pro record of 7-2; until facing Silva at UFC 139, Le had only competed in MMA under the Strikeforce banner.

I know he got into a "twitter War" with Dustin Poirier just the other day, and at the UFC 143 press conference I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure Dustin called him out, somebody definitely did i just can't remember who exactly.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I know he got into a "twitter War" with Dustin Poirier just the other day, and at the UFC 143 press conference I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure Dustin called him out, somebody definitely did i just can't remember who exactly.

WTF Poirier is like 3/4 weight divisions below him, must have some balls.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I look forward to seeing him back. He dominated Wandi early and I still think that the finish was way too soon and that the ref didn't give him enough time. No idea who a good future opponent could be though because I don't know who Dana would want to put in front of him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Cung Le was good in the first round but he slowed down a lot in the second. And I have to agree with the stoppage. He ate a bunch of knees towards the end and remember how tore up his nose was at the end of it? Cung had a hold of his leg but... it just would have wound up a lot worse for Cung if the fight would have continued.

But Cung fighting again would be nice to see. The guy is an exciting fighter.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, i definitely mixed up Cung le and Chan Jung Sung. Jung Sung/Poirier are fighting on Fuel Tv 3 which was confirmed yesterday.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cung Le was good in the first round but he slowed down a lot in the second. And I have to agree with the stoppage. He ate a bunch of knees towards the end and remember how tore up his nose was at the end of it? Cung had a hold of his leg but... it just would have wound up a lot worse for Cung if the fight would have continued.

But Cung fighting again would be nice to see. The guy is an exciting fighter.

The problem I had with the stoppage is in the mainevent later that night, Henderson vs. Shogun, both fighters were in the exact same position yet the referee gave them time to get out of it which they did. There was no uniformity in the decisions by the two seperate referees in the different fights.

Deuce

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this guy back, he put on a great fight against Wanderlei so I can't wait to see how well he can fight against others.

Dademo

Reaction score
He's entertaining that's for sure, and isn't afraid to fight anyone, so I'm glad he wants to return fighting. Cung Le vs. Maia would be a good fight imo, because Maia wouldn't be able to pretend like he can strike, he's facing a legit striker.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Fuck Maia, he should be cut and exiled to BAMMA or Shark Fights.

Put him against Bisping.

Dademo

Reaction score
Fuck Maia, he should be cut and exiled to BAMMA or Shark Fights.

Put him against Bisping.

How can it be justified that he should be cut if the last fight he lost was a split decision to a younger, stronger fighter?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He didnt even try against Anderson, and looked like shit against a guy taking the fight on fortnights notice who had a terrible weight cut. No excuse for getting that gassed a round in.

People have been cut for less, Gerald Harris got 2 FOTN awards, lost a fight and was gone.

Ben

Reaction score
Guy got a huge payday for the Wandy fight, and I think he might of been top earner on the card, so of course he'll be back. He's fun to watch but he's a gate keeper at best, still there's some interesting fights out there for him. Would like to see him against Stann or Bisping.