CTG's Wrestlicious Episode 7 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
CTG's Wrestlicious Episode 7 review

Since it's been a while since I've seen a wrestlicious episode and since they've just taped and started releasing new ones here's episode 7.

So we start out with Jimmy Hart and Brooke Lynn promoting Brooke's match later on. Bad jokes aplenty here.

It's amazing how the opening theme video makes this show seem so much better than it is.

Some stage manager asshat comes in the locker room and says "The critics love us" What fucking critics like this show?!? Probably the same people that like Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movies.

Glory is in the takedown spotlight.

Cameras spy on Brooke Lynn paying Kickstart Katie off.

Brooke Lynn vs. Alexandra the great is the first match. I still want to sever the commentator dude's vocal chords with a dull knife. Oh yeah there's a match going on. Brooke chokes Alexandra on the ropes. Alexandra botches trying to suplex Brooke over the top rope. Sidewalk slam gets two for Alexandra. Alexandra locks in a Texas cloverleaf and Katie comes out for the DQ. This one wasn't entirely terrible to be honest but there was really nothing memorable about it. Brooke Lynn's not bad in the ring.
Rating: 1/2 Grenade

A wrestlicious comic book segment. PASS!

Holy shit. Two matches on this show. Maria Toro vs. Tyler Texas. Maria spears Toro and hits her with punches that make RVD's look good in comparison. Toro gets the advantage after bandita grabs the foot. Tyler regains control with a shitty springing back arm drag. Toro takes back control with a shitty looking butterfly suplex flowed into a butterfly lock but Tyler gets the ropes. Seriously RVD throws better looking punches than Tyler Texas. Powerbomb gets two for Maria. I have no idea how this match ended because after Tyler hit a tornado ddt and went for the pin Cousin Cassie and Bandita entered the ring. So I don't know if the match ended with a pin or a no contest or what. Again same as before not the worst match I've ever seen but still nothing amazing. Lots of botchy wrestling in this one and every single heel wrestler on this show does the same damn cheap heel tactics to get heat (eye rakes, rope chokes, etc.)
Rating: 1/4 Grenade (down from 1/2 for the fucked up finish)

Final Thoughts: This is the show Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank wished they had. Five minutes of this show and Joel and the Robots would have been done (rep to those who get the reference). But to the show's credit they toned down the stupid sketches and actually put on two not horrible matches. It's at least a step in the right direction. Now all they need is to establish some true top heels and babyfaces and develop some good storylines and feuds.
Overall Rating: Some ol' bullshit