Crusader Kings/Europa Universalis Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
69ed2b515d9fe6d14ad4fea2890bcfba.jpg

I figured since we don't really have a dedicated thread for it, I'd make one for all of us to chat about some fun Crusader Kings/Europa Universalis stuff that goes on every once in a while. As some of you may know, Crusader Kings II is Free To Play right now, and Crusader Kings III is about $60, but honestly it's always on sale. Same with Europa Universalis.​

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Eurafrica.PNG

I ended up dicking around in EUIV and this is what I came up with for an Alternate-Universe Europe. Everything's all whack because why not, I like a little chaos.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Alternate History 1859.png

So this was a thing I did, an alternate history 1859 map where among several changes in the history:

1. The Fourth Crusade never happens, with the Byzantine Empire managing to consolidate power in the Western Aegean and the Balkans. In managing to regain control of this region, the Ottomans do not advance any further West than Anatolia, instead focusing their efforts in the Middle East and Africa. With the Eastern Roman Empire re-ascendant, Sicily is later reconquered and brought back into the fold of the Empire. Constantinople never falls, and the Byzantines remain bulwarks of Orthodox faith for another several hundred years, becoming the longest contiguous empire in human history (when including the whole Roman empire): 2,712 Years.

2. England wins the 100 Years War, which ends the Capetian dynasty's reign over their French homelands. This drastically changes the power dynamic of Europe entirely. The Holy Roman Empire is weakened by the combined strength of the new Angevin Empire. Within another 150 years, English is no longer spoken, but a mixture of Middle English and French, known as Anglois. Ireland and Scotland are conquered later, and when colonization begins, Great Angleland (The union of England and France, and later the Netherlands, Scotland, and Ireland), as its called, ends up as the strongest colonial power in the world (much like the real-life Great Britain). All of the French territory is colonized much like in real life, but as a combined effort. This leads to North America being primarily Anglois. However, the United States of America never exists; without an independent France to support them, their pleads for international aid fall on deaf ears, and the rebellious 13 Colonies are defeated and destroyed. With no USA, Mexico, which still gets independence from Spain, controls all of the Rio Grande, Rocky Mountains, and California. Additionally, Spain retains control of Florida, becoming the base of Spain's colonial operations.

4. The Wars of the Roses don't happen, and as a consequence, the English Civil Wars are changed. In fact, the English Civil Wars aren't over Charles I's misdeeds and authoritarian nature. Since the Plantagenet dynasty never died out and killed each other (the Yorks and Lancasters), it's rather a later Plantagenet in the 17th Century that would cause the First Anglois Civil War. The authoritarian nature of King Louis XIII causes Ireland to attempt to attain independence from Angleland, and while dealing with that rebellion, he imprisons many nobles who refused to lend him money for the war effort. This would cause friction with Parliament; in 1632, King Louis dissolves the Anglois Parliament entirely, which causes the military to turn against him. Things do play out similar to how it would in the original timeline, with Louis being imprisoned and put on trial by the Anglois Parliament, and later beheaded. However, the biggest difference is that the French lords remain steadfastly loyal to the crown. Despite the mass-carnage, the Plantagenet dynasty wins out, with Louis XIII's son, William III, becomes King.

3. The religious teachings of Jan Hus are largely successful, and in by the early 15th Century, the German states turn away from the Catholic Church and create the Deutsche Hussitenkirche (German Hussite Church), which creates a massive theological crisis in Europe. The next series of wars throughout the next 300 years (1450s-1780s) would be waged to settle the debate between Catholic and Hussite supremacy. The Holy Roman Empire would be ripped apart, and in its wake, two powers would stand tall: the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the Kingdom of Prussia. Austro-Hungary maintained their ties with the Catholic Church, with Prussia acting as the bulwark of the Hussite faith. As a result, Denmark and the Scandinavian Empire would also adopt the Hussite faith.

5. Poland-Lithuania is never conquered. Seems like a deceptively simple decision, but keep in mind that at one time, Poland-Lithuania was a incredibly large nation with tons of culture and a pretty good military to boot. The reason Poland was conquered was because of foreign influence from the general Sejm (parliament) of Poland, which had broad veto powers. Instead, the constitution of Poland is rewritten in the early-18th Century, and with it, they are better prepared to counteract the threats placed on them by Austria, Prussia, and the Russian Empire. By the 1830s, Poland is firmly entrenched in the Hussite faith, and with it, becomes a strong ally of Prussia. Prussia and Poland's alliance serves to spook Russia into staying within their sphere of influence.

6. The French Revolution never happens. Napoleon never happens, the Wars of the Coalitions don't happen, and the Congress of Vienna doesn't happen... well, not quite in the way it does originally. What instead happens is that authoritarianism and monarchies continue to last for much longer than they did in the original timeline. However, with England already having a parliament, many nations begin to adopt this system internationally, to much success. However, there is a major European war that does break out in the 1800s, with regards to abolition. The 20-Years' War breaks out over a diplomatic incident between Great Angleland and Spain, which leads to all nations of Europe making alliances. Of course, Angleland ends up on the winning side, which causes many of Spain's colonies to break off (most prominently Mexico). Portugal also suffers from this war with Brazil declaring independence. Through settled negotiation, abolition is an international issue, and is largely successful in the coming decades.

7. Gran Colombia succeeds. Speaking of Spain's colonies breaking away... Simon Bolivar successfully leads Gran Colombia as a permanent institution within South America. Not much to say about this, it just seemed to make sense to me.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
View attachment 74153

I ended up dicking around in EUIV and this is what I came up with for an Alternate-Universe Europe. Everything's all whack because why not, I like a little chaos.
I need context on most of this... the cursed Dutch-Breton thing, the independent nation that stretches from Yorkshire to Norfolk, the Catalans having most of the Basque lands, Slovako-Hungary

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I need context on most of this... the cursed Dutch-Breton thing, the independent nation that stretches from Yorkshire to Norfolk, the Catalans having most of the Basque lands, Slovako-Hungary
Lmfao figured someone would ask eventually:

1. Norman Empire, the Plantagenet loses their lands in England during the Wars of the Roses, but conquer most of Northern Continental Europe.

2. The Yorkshire/Norfolk kingdom is the Jarldom of Jorvik, a Norse faith nation that remained from the Vikings invasions. The other two nations in England/Wales are the Kingdom of the House of York, and the Kingdom of the House of Lancaster.

3. If you're asking about Southern France, that's the Kingdom of Aquitaine. If you're asking about Southern Spain tho, that's the Sultanate of Andalusia.

4. I forgot about Slovak-Hungary. I think it was supposed to be the Kingdom of the Balkans or something.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Lmfao figured someone would ask eventually:

1. Norman Empire, the Plantagenet loses their lands in England during the Wars of the Roses, but conquer most of Northern Continental Europe.

2. The Yorkshire/Norfolk kingdom is the Jarldom of Jorvik, a Norse faith nation that remained from the Vikings invasions. The other two nations in England/Wales are the Kingdom of the House of York, and the Kingdom of the House of Lancaster.

3. If you're asking about Southern France, that's the Kingdom of Aquitaine. If you're asking about Southern Spain tho, that's the Sultanate of Andalusia.

4. I forgot about Slovak-Hungary. I think it was supposed to be the Kingdom of the Balkans or something.
I'm thinking of Eastern and Northern Spain, it's a weird blob that covers modern day Euskadi/Catalonia/Valencia

Nice to see al-Andalus in this timeline tho

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I can't believe I didn't mention Wales encroaching on the Scottish border... or what appears to be BIG BELARUS

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm thinking of Eastern and Northern Spain, it's a weird blob that covers modern day Euskadi/Catalonia/Valencia

Nice to see al-Andalus in this timeline tho
Ahhhh thats the Kingdom of Valencia still, stronger than it was irl.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh big Belarus is actually Poland-Lithuania

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Ohhh, you mean to the East of it or South? yeah, big yellow is Russia, of course.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Then what controls the grey to the east?
That was all land I didn't put a nation to, pretty much empty space.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
World 2270 AD.png

Made a new map, a cursed map. Basically, a post-WW3 future where humanity finally figured out how to clean up radioactive waste so that Nuclear Bombs are more a deadly annoyance rather than a world ending disaster. The year here is 2270 CE. If anyone is wondering why things are the way they are, ask away.