Cruiserweight division just for SmackDown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I don't see why the hell not.

Look at the current wrestlers who aren't being used, most if not all are cruiserweights.

Now look at Smackdowns usual match card, atleast one filler match. Why not use that filler match for a cruiserweight match?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Leojaay said:
I don't see why the hell not.

Look at the current wrestlers who aren't being used, most if not all are cruiserweights.

Now look at Smackdowns usual match card, atleast one filler match. Why not use that filler match for a cruiserweight match?

Because Vince is a senile fool who has no idea what the fans want. He's a genius for what he's done for the industry but he thinks he knows better then the "universe" he supposedly loves.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Because Vince is a senile fool who has no idea what the fans want. He's a genius for what he's done for the industry but he thinks he knows better then the "universe" he supposedly loves.

"universe"

This I'm a fan sorry!

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:

And thus the hypocrisy of Mr. Mcmahon.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
Pro's
  • Great matches
  • Gives alot of people something to do.

Cons
  • Can limit guys to solely being CW's.
  • WWE can't book the division's they have currently.
  • Prestige of some current titles in down. How would they have this one be any different?

I'm in favor of it now providing they get given time to work.

Smackdown does need the Cruserweight title back.
It would be interesting to see the lower midcarders atleast having something interesting to compete for instead of just battling pointless matches. I would rather see guys like Kofi and Evan Bourne in cruserweight matches than battling for the tag team champion, Having lower midcards battle for tag team totally degrades the legendery TT title.

And about it limiting guys solely for CWs, do u really see guys like Hunico and Kingston and Santino and etc fighting for any other titles? I certainly dont. The cruserweight title was very entertaining when we had lower midcard guys like Jimmy Noble and Funaki and etc battling for them. WWE knows these wrestlers are just as good as the CW title, they would never be main event or upper midcard wrestlers, so instead of wasting them away, make the CW title have some good High Flying matches, some CW battle Royals etc, should be good for the show and the lower classed wrestlers. WWE killed the CW title the moment they made Hornswoggle win it and turned it into a joke.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Smackdown does need the Cruserweight title back.
It would be interesting to see the lower midcarders atleast having something interesting to compete for instead of just battling pointless matches. I would rather see guys like Kofi and Evan Bourne in cruserweight matches than battling for the tag team champion, Having lower midcards battle for tag team totally degrades the legendery TT title.

And about it limiting guys solely for CWs, do u really see guys like Hunico and Kingston and Santino and etc fighting for any other titles? I certainly dont. The cruserweight title was very entertaining when we had lower midcard guys like Jimmy Noble and Funaki and etc battling for them. WWE knows these wrestlers are just as good as the CW title, they would never be main event or upper midcard wrestlers, so instead of wasting them away, make the CW title have some good High Flying matches, some CW battle Royals etc, should be good for the show and the lower classed wrestlers. WWE killed the CW title the moment they made Hornswoggle win it and turned it into a joke.

If there is a cruiserweight title I was saying it could cause issues like it did in WCW. People like Eddie, Jericho and Rey were always seen as cruiserweights there. It made it difficult for them to move up to the level their talent deserved. You're right it does have a large upside but it could cause a stigma to be attached to certain guys billing them solely as CW, which if the talent is there shouldn't be the case.

People like Cody, Punk,Dolph and Bryan would all potential fall in to a cruiserweight weight limit but they could be credible champions, and in the case of Bryan and Punk already are. It's a risk which I'm unsure if it's worth it especially with how poor the WWE is at managing a division.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That would be a great idea for WWE.

I mean Smackdown is full of cruiserweight superstars wrestling half the time so yeah.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
If there is a cruiserweight title I was saying it could cause issues like it did in WCW. People like Eddie, Jericho and Rey were always seen as cruiserweights there. It made it difficult for them to move up to the level their talent deserved. You're right it does have a large upside but it could cause a stigma to be attached to certain guys billing them solely as CW, which if the talent is there shouldn't be the case.

People like Cody, Punk,Dolph and Bryan would all potential fall in to a cruiserweight weight limit but they could be credible champions, and in the case of Bryan and Punk already are. It's a risk which I'm unsure if it's worth it especially with how poor the WWE is at managing a division.

WWE doesnt really base cruserweight on weights.. Many bulky wrestlers have already faught in the CW division.
And there r many stars in the wwe who have moved up from the CW division, Rey Mysterio for example, i really dont think thats a problem, when they think someones ready for the next step they can always build a storyline around it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just for the sake of argument, here's the list of superstars who would qualify under a 225-pound weight limit: CM Punk, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Daniel Bryan, Derrick Bateman, Dolph Ziggler, Epico, Evan Bourne, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Primo, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth, Sin Cara, Ted Dibiase, Trent Baretta, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu, Zach Ryder

Most of these guys either won't be part of the division (Punk), or are forgotten on Superstars, wrestling random undercard matches, or don't really have any logical place to go in a few months' time. And there's plenty of star power here to keep the division relevant.

(GTFO no-life trolls, this took me five minutes)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:

I don't think because they fall into the weight limit they automatically need to be in it. But I think cruiser-weight champion vs WHC/WWE champion who does fit in the weight limit would just give credit to cruiser-weight title no?

I think the divsion could just be separate like x-divsion is, Aries isn't seen as a waste I don't think. Generally the cruiser-weight division will do more good than harm. My opinion.

Draine said:
Just for the sake of argument, here's the list of superstars who would qualify under a 225-pound weight limit: CM Punk, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Daniel Bryan, Derrick Bateman, Dolph Ziggler, Epico, Evan Bourne, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Primo, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth, Sin Cara, Ted Dibiase, Trent Baretta, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu, Zach Ryder

Most of these guys either won't be part of the division (Punk), or are forgotten on Superstars, wrestling random undercard matches, or don't really have any logical place to go in a few months' time. And there's plenty of star power here to keep the division relevant.

(GTFO no-life trolls, this took me five minutes)

Those forgotten superstars with talent can get recognized. I'd love to see Hawkins, Barretta and Kidd get the respect they deserve. Imaginer those with the likes of Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio etc.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Rey Mysterio being called 'the world champion' is more than asinine

Call him the 'world heavyweight champion.'

I realize the contradiction, but 'world champion' sounds so.....so .... Dungeons and Dragons