Cruiserweight division just for SmackDown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Would you want this? I see stars like Hunico, Cara, Bourne, Kidd etc doing nothing. They could be huge. The division would be an instant success in my opinion. I'd restrict it maybe for SmackDown only, saves the pointless matches.

Pro's/Cons?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Pro's
  • Great matches
  • Gives alot of people something to do.

Cons
  • Can limit guys to solely being CW's.
  • WWE can't book the division's they have currently.
  • Prestige of some current titles in down. How would they have this one be any different?

I'm in favor of it now providing they get given time to work.

Justin17

Jobber
Reaction score
Good idea for WWE to do something like that considering TNA have the x-division which is quite popular

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Pro's
  • Great matches
  • Gives alot of people something to do.

Cons
  • Can limit guys to solely being CW's.
  • WWE can't book the division's they have currently.
  • Prestige of some current titles in down. How would they have this one be any different?

I'm in favor of it now providing they get given time to work.

Disagree with it limiting guys, I think it can help. Stepping up from a lower division and being the underdog in a title match can get you over big time.

Agree with WWE not being able to book. If they book it as another division sort of it doesn't need to be the lowest title prestige.

Justin17 said:
Good idea for WWE to do something like that considering TNA have the x-division which is quite popular

Yeah, TNA's X-Division is the main reason I watch TNA atm.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That would be a great idea but with Smackdown already serving as a show for cruiserweights to wrestle in the beginning. The main thing is that Smackdown serves as a show for improvement. It's like the place you go after FCW if you're really good. For example, ADR.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Thewindyfan said:
That would be a great idea but with Smackdown already serving as a show for cruiserweights to wrestle in the beginning. The main thing is that Smackdown serves as a show for improvement. It's like the place you go after FCW if you're really good. For example, ADR.

Maybe, I still think Superstars (most pointless show in the world) should be used for that purpose, or NXT (another pointless show). SD and RAW should be the live shows. If they're going to continue to have this brand split, at least make it competitive. Things are slowly improving on SD, I mean ratings have gone up thanks to Henry & Bryan recently.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Exactly I say they should scratch the whole supershow thing. It takes tv time away from other creative feuds that could be built but then again. Who else is worthy on raw so far? Thats the reason why theres the Raw Supershow

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Thewindyfan said:
Exactly I say they should scratch the whole supershow thing. It takes tv time away from other creative feuds that could be built but then again. Who else is worthy on raw so far? Thats the reason why theres the Raw Supershow

The only reason they're not worthy is because the mid-card is in shambles, there's no diva division or tag-team division. If those three were revived, RAW is fine again. Takes no effort at all to revamp all three.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara, Trent Baretta, Yoshi Tatsu, even Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan can jump in when they have nothing else to do, could all form a division, have 4-star matches twice a week, and be a real asset to the company instead of rotting away on Superstars.

The problem is, Vince and his reckless stupidity will put the belt on Hornswoggle again.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara, Trent Baretta, Yoshi Tatsu, even Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan can jump in when they have nothing else to do, could all form a division, have 4-star matches twice a week, and be a real asset to the company instead of rotting away on Superstars.

The problem is, Vince and his reckless stupidity will put the belt on Hornswoggle again.

So true. They could also raid RoH and others for some epic cruiser-weight talents. They have the resources to make it better than TNA's.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
So true. They could also raid RoH and others for some epic cruiser-weight talents. They have the resources to make it better than TNA's.

The most badass storyline ever would be TNA trying to invade WWE and after a big feud, TNA goes back to being lame with good views and WWE gains more followers from TNA.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Thewindyfan said:
The most badass storyline ever would be TNA trying to invade WWE and after a big feud, TNA goes back to being lame with good views and WWE gains more followers from TNA.

TNA invasion story-line would only happen if WWE bought TNA lol. Otherwise it'd just advertise TNA to every WWE fan :wink:

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I like cruisers, but Vince/HHH do not

Me like Cruisers <<< Vince/HHH hates cruisers

Unfortunately, they would be buried. It would take a Paul Heyman to bring back it back, properly

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Cruiserweight is needed WWE are wasting talents that could be in a curiserweight division and it doesn't have to be a plateau can build guys to future heights and ppl who cant get there can build them so they are still a merch proposition and fans want to see them improves a lot!

As someone mentioned X-Division in TNA is huge plus early days it had AJ Styles and J lethal so it shows ppl can come from the lighter weight and still make an impact!

Why not have lighter weights boxing does and that's a sport becoming faker than the WWE ever could be!