Cruiserweight championship in ECW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

This idea has been around SINCE DAY 1 of ECW returning. About 90% of the people think its a good idea. So we will just have to wait and see.

Great One

Yeah, I was just about to say this is a very old idea, which was first presented even BEFORE ECW was created. It's a good thought, just like all the tag teams should be on SD and all the divas (wrestlers) should be on RAW.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
hmm yeah better on ECW but not now, as somebody said it's impossible to move the entire CW dvision..

Reaction score
I agree, the title needs to be on ECW, they NEED another title and it is better than creating a new one (or bringing in an old one like the ECW TV or WWE European Title back). Not only would it benefit ECW, but also SmackDown! because they don't have to have it bother them or make them ignore it. Just draft Chavo this Sunday, and also quietly draft Yang, Daivari and Moore. On ECW you also have Striker and maybe bring it some CW's from OVW/FCW.

Rey: He may be a CW but is no longer apart of the division. SmackDown! NEEDS him as a Main-Eventer and he has outgrown the title and division. Normal fans don't want him to be CW Champ, they want him to be HW Champ.

If it went to ECW it COULDN'T be ignored, maybe increase the weight limit from 200lbs to 220 to include more ppl.

Reaction score
Oh and smackDown! doesn't need another title to replace it, there are already too many titles in the WWE. Yes it wouldn't have as many titles as RAW but it doesn't matter, better if they build up SD's Mid-Card division for the US Title than bring in another mid-card title...unless they bring in more midgets...then I want a Midget World Title!!! lol. No i don't.

3lions

Reaction score
I don't get how people can argue that ECW doesn't have enough time to showcase another title. Each and every week a tag match is booked for the show, as well as a ME match. If the CW title was moved to ECW, then all the bookers would have to do, is book a CW (title) match on the show, instead of the pointless tag match.

(Or if Tag Titles were created for the brand, then the tag match would be for the titles, instead of having no purpose whatsoever).