Cruiserweight championship in ECW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

OK i was just thinking about the cruiserweight division and this thought popped into m head.The wwe has some good cruiserweights like Shannon Moore,Chavo Guerrero,Jimmy Wang Yang,Helms(when hes back),Mysterio,and some others that I forget right now cause Im too tired lol.Anyways there is no doubt that in the last few years the division is almost invisible with a title match being like 3 times a year lol.Anyways the cruiserweights have always been meant to be extreme and high flying but on SD they are overshadowed by the big guys.However ECW needs a bit more extreme in it and I think moving the division and the belt there could help ECW out by giving it another belt and some more stars as well as the fans like cruiserweight action.
It would also help the starsby letting them have some tv time and something to fight for...Thats my thought..Your thoughts?

Argo06

Reaction score
i wud love to see the CW belt in ECW it would give the show alot more meaning as now it is just like random wrestling. The title would also mean SD could bring back another title like the hardcore or european to fill the gap CW left!!!!!!!!

Truth

Reaction score
No, not enough time. THe belt should be on Raw but Vince hates the CW's and will not put htem on the top show even though they put and great matches. He'll probably make it the official title of Heat.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I agree with you Mike...I think it would benefit both the Cruiserweight Division and ECW repectively because as you mentioned the CW's would get more tv time and ECW needs something on there esp. when their champion is always on Raw and it just seems like a bunch of wrestling and no one is even fighting for anything. If they were to put the Cruiserweight Division I don't think another title would be needed for SmackDown, Argo. The World Heavyweight, United States and WWE Tag Team Championships are enough in my opinion.

Switchy

Reaction score
That's one of the best draft suggestions i've heard. It would be great for both ECW and the CW division but unless they get more tv time (As mentioned by anigma) they wouldn't get much time for matches. I would rather see the CW title on ECw than the tag titles, just make them tri branded and you have 3 belts on Sd and Raw 2 on ECW and one tri brand one to stir things up between brands.

Reaction score
That is a good suggestion but I don't see it happening at all because of the TV time and like Truth said they are probably just gonna keep them down even though they can put on some top class matches

Reaction score
great idea. i might enjoy ECW if that happened. i remember when Mysterio and Tajiri had the CW belt it ment something. now its just something they have to make Chavo feel good. it would hep ECW as their main champ in on Raw more than he is on ECW. the onlyl thing on ECW worth anything is Punk, Burke, and Monty Brown. and i also agree that the Tag Belts should be tri-branded.

Argo06

Reaction score
as everybody should know by now the CW belt stayed on SD but heres hoping it happens on wednesday!!!!!!

WaRPT

Reaction score
in this moment for me, ECW needs a ECW World Champ, and next a tag team champions, Cruiserweight only in future when this brand it will be equal to the size of raw and smackdown

Reaction score
Yea, its a good idea but its probably not going to happen cuz Vince doesnt give a shit about the CW for some reason

phantomgerald

its just no going to happen. its impoosible to draft all the CWs that sd have right now to ecw. the title will defnately stay on smackdown

Reaction score
I agree with Turth, No way, There is not enough time for a Cruiserweight Championship in ECW, The show goes for 50 minutes, The Cruiserweight Division is good where it is on Smackdown, Everyweek Smackdown prodcue great Cruiserwight Action if the Cruiserweights where moved to ECW we would not see enough of them due to the short show of ECW. ECW does not need Cruiserweights and should stick with there one title the ECW Title.