Cross Brand Feuds

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Recently, WWE are trying to have cross brand feuds. Which i think is good just to refresh the feuds and get new storylines.

But this might affect one thing, that is; the transfer of some talents to the other show that would benefit them to get a push coz another big star from the other brand is getting the big storyline instead due to this cross band feuds stipulation.

thoughts?

MikeRaw

I agree with you.
On the one hand, its entertaining for us fans because we can see a feud like HBK/Batista that we wouldnt see otherwise. And we see some ECW/smackdown feuds between some guys as well. I think this will pick up more and more in the coming months too.

Now, as for yoru point about it affecting some midcard guys, I am split on that. On the one hand, ya, a guy in the lowercard wont get pushed as much, but on the other hand, its his fault for being on the lower card. All the main eventers and mid card guys will still get pushed IMO. But as long as we can see some good, new top level feuds Im not complaining, because the only guys that will get pushes taken away is guys like Hardcore Holly, Mark Henry, Vand all the other first 1-3 matches guys. They will still probably get matches, just not storylines or feuds, but again, who cares? I like the cross brand feuds...

KenFan4life

Reaction score
pffffttt...who doesn't like Cross Brand Feuds:sport_box: ?!

There like the best!!!:thumb_yello:

Only Dumb@$$ picky individuals hate cross brand fresh match ups on free television/PPV ::kenfan

Anyways...

I'll post the cross brand feuds i'd like to see...soon!:smile_1:

MVP vs Mr.Kennedy! I think it'd be awesome, MVP is doing pretty good as a heel and is alright on the mic, and Kennedy is doing Awesome as a face on RAW and they both got the kind've same in ring style and such...I think they'd gel together perfectly...
ya know...word!

Paul London&Brian Kenderick vs MizNmorrison and such...word

but like...

yeah totally...I'm all in for the cross promotional style and such...in fact i hate the brand extension...but it shouldn't go away altogether cause it still serves a purpose in putting over younger talent and such...

just as long as they don't waste a perfectly good Mania match (examples like Cena/Batista, Kennedy/Edge, Umaga/Undertaker, HBK/CM PUnk).

Reaction score
if you start having cross brand fueds, then why not just end the roster division. I mean having tallent relations like ECW and SmackDown, thats one big brand. Having crossfeuds, like Brand vs Brand at Survivor Serries its ok, but otherwise its a smudge on the roster split

edit- 250th post!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I like the idea, as long as its not being over done. Right now I think they've got it right, they seem to have a few guys from ECW and SD swapping around here and there on the shows, which is nice. Interesting to see the World Tag Team Champions are on ECW. Thats cool.

And with the HBK/Batista (possible /Y2J) fued, they've got it set out nicely. If they put in another fued, between RAW and SD, then they'd need to work in a Brand war idea to make it work, otherwise there would be waaay to much happening cross-shows. Keep it to one bigger cross brand fued at a time, and have a few of the lower card guys swapping about.

I think this is a good idea, because we do get to see things like Batista/HBK on a weekly basis, that hasn't really been based upon PPVS (thus, it wasnt started at a PPV or started for an upcoming PPV). The idea of letting lower card guys jump ship a little more freely is also good, and a good example is CM Punk. He's gotten a fair bit of air-time on RAW and SD, because of this, and it should only help his status in the WWE. IT's not, but thats another discussion.

So overall I think it's a good thing, because it gives us something new to watch, and it also gives newer/lower card talent some more space to show off their skills etc.

Michael1

Reaction score
pffffttt...who doesn't like Cross Brand Feuds:sport_box: ?!

There like the best!!!:thumb_yello:

Only Dumb@$$ picky individuals hate cross brand fresh match ups on free television/PPV ::kenfan

Anyways...

I'll post the cross brand feuds i'd like to see...soon!:smile_1:

MVP vs Mr.Kennedy! I think it'd be awesome, MVP is doing pretty good as a heel and is alright on the mic, and Kennedy is doing Awesome as a face on RAW and they both got the kind've same in ring style and such...I think they'd gel together perfectly...
ya know...word!

Paul London&Brian Kenderick vs MizNmorrison and such...word

but like...

yeah totally...I'm all in for the cross promotional style and such...in fact i hate the brand extension...but it shouldn't go away altogether cause it still serves a purpose in putting over younger talent and such...

just as long as they don't waste a perfectly good Mania match (examples like Cena/Batista, Kennedy/Edge, Umaga/Undertaker, HBK/CM PUnk).
MVP vs Mr. Kennedy is my dream feud man, know that Kennedy is a face and MVP remains a heel, I can totally see it happening if MVP gets drafted or Mr. Kennedy possibly gets drafted. But more likely it'll come out as a cross-brand feud. SummerSlam? Survivor Series?

Anyways, I do like the idea of cross-brand feuds. They set something new up and allow superstars from other shows to come to the other superstars show. Like Shawn Michaels when he was feuding with Batista BEFORE Backlash, same with Chris Jericho when he started to get involved so they obviously have some good to it but like you said WS, it can prevent another superstar (the superstar that's getting the cross-brand feud) a push on his own brand for a major title. So, it's basically 50/50 for them, but I do like them because they definitely mix things up. But if WWE wants to do more cross brand stuff, why not end the roster split and make it Smackdown! and Raw again and anyone can appear on any show. It'd be better like that IMO.